Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

Are they calling the Hannah Salem fire department “ Pee Dee fire department” in this article or was she dropped at a different fire department (PeeDee) and later found dead at yet another, Hannah Salem?

* I do realize Pee Dee is a name for a region, but just want to be clear that she was dropped at what I thought was an unmanned fire station.

Coroner: Sheridan Wahl was dropped off at Pee Dee fire department before her death

Last edited:
Are they calling the Hannah Salem fire department “ Pee Dee fire department” in this article or was she dropped at a different fire department (PeeDee) and later found dead at yet another, Hannah Salem?

* I do realize Pee Dee is a name for a region, but just want to be clear that she was dropped at what I thought was an unmanned fire station.

Coroner: Sheridan Wahl was dropped off at Pee Dee fire department before her death

yep I was confused too about the peedee ordeal but yeah it’s the region the fire dept is in. Lol I had to look that up last night

That whole unaccounted day… that’s what confuses me about the timeline, well actually the whole timeline in my opinion makes no sense.
What did she say to the person who drove her there?
Did she state she perhaps had a phone to call a ride?
What did she say to this person about her car?
What was she doing that was “erratic”? Sorry but just saying erratic doesn’t clarify anything, what she saying or doing that’d be more helpful.
A fall could be a slow death, some people do not die right away or there is those that have jumped and survived, so could she have fallen from the tower and taken sometime to pass so she was just laying there that whole unaccounted day till she had passed on? Is that a possibility or would they have seen that in her autopsy??
The coroner said that the timeline is what is making it “undetermined”.
Sheridans case is confusing just when you think you kind of understand what might have happened there’s other details throwing you off.

If she was lying there (and it is possible - when in real mania, people have poor track of the time), under the sun, maybe sleeping, or dozing off, then, dehydration and lack of food with subsequent hypoglycemia could have played a role, too. Poor woman was likely delirious from the combination of mental and physical issues.

Right, but they do not test for all sorts of things like a lot of the street drugs I mentioned. Not saying that she was on any of those but they could cause a psychotic episode as well and would not show up on a standard tox test.

It is possible, of course, but less likely than Sheridan simply missing her regular psychiatric medications.

Anyhow, a tragic story that appears preventable at several points. RIP, Sheridan. Condolences to her parents and friends.

It is possible, of course, but less likely than Sheridan simply missing her regular psychiatric medications.

Anyhow, a tragic story that appears preventable at several points. RIP, Sheridan. Condolences to her parents and friends.

Where are you getting information that Sheridan took psychiatric medications? We have never been told that. And just because someone may be having mental health issues they don't always act manic. They may be depressed, cry a lot or become withdrawn. I don't consider those manic episodes.

A local to the area has told us on WS that it would be nearly impossible for someone to drive from Myrtle Beach to the car fire location in the time period between the phone call with her mom at the scooter rental place and the 911 call re the car fire.

If SW was not in her own vehicle how did she arrive to the scene of the accident? And arrive within minutes of the 911 call? If she was not in her own vehicle she got close to the scene of the fire almost at the same time. Even though the coroner has stated SW died as a result of injuries related to a fall there are still too many questions left unanswered. And those questions for me have nothing to do with Sheridan's state of mind, they have to do with logistics.

Where are you getting information that Sheridan took psychiatric medications? We have never been told that. And just because someone may be having mental health issues they don't always act manic. They may be depressed, cry a lot or become withdrawn. I don't consider those manic episodes.

A local to the area has told us on WS that it would be nearly impossible for someone to drive from Myrtle Beach to the car fire location in the time period between the phone call with her mom at the scooter rental place and the 911 call re the car fire.

If SW was not in her own vehicle how did she arrive to the scene of the accident? And arrive within minutes of the 911 call? If she was not in her own vehicle she got close to the scene of the fire almost at the same time. Even though the coroner has stated SW died as a result of injuries related to a fall there are still too many questions left unanswered. And those questions for me have nothing to do with Sheridan's state of mind, they have to do with logistics.
A man witnessed the accident, picked her up in his own car, and dropped her off at the fire station. She might have climbed up the tower and jumped off on purpose

I read that comment which is an interesting observation but it's just one person's opinion and it wasn't made by a Verified Insider or a verified expert of traveling around that area. According to Google Maps, the scooter rental place is about 55 miles from where her car was found which would take about an hour, and it is possible she was speeding whenever she could.

Also, we have the witness who supposedly picked her up at Keith Lane near the car crash site. LE has not revealed that person to be a POI or suspect and they haven't even revealed his name. It seems they have reason to believe this witness is telling the truth, OR they have a vested interest in not releasing any more info.

As far as I have read, no one has said what time Sheridan was dropped off at the fire station, which would be helpful info in establishing a timeline. It's strange so much info is missing. Why not say something like "The witness picked her up ~2:30 when he saw her running along Keith Lane. He dropped her off at the fire station around 3:15 into the custody of a fire officer." OR say "The witness picked her up ~2:30pm near the car crash site and dropped her off at the fire station. Unfortunately the witness wrongly assumed an officer would be present to help and did not wait to make sure Sheridan made it inside safely with a fire station employee. No employees were at the station until ___ but they did not see Sheridan at that time." Why didn't they say something like that? How would that info compromise the investigation? This is why I'm suspicious that there is some sort of cover-up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.54.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.54.09 PM.png
    613.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
A man witnessed the accident, picked her up in his own car, and dropped her off at the fire station. She might have climbed up the tower and jumped off on purpose

I haven't read that the witness actually saw the accident occur. All I read is that a witness picked her up around Keith Lane which was also near the car crash site. Could you please clarify or provide the source where you read this info?

There is no mention of a man witnessing the accident. Unless he was in the corn field when the vehicle burst into flames. My understanding is that he picked SW up on the highway.

I read that comment which is an interesting observation but it's just one person's opinion and it wasn't made by a Verified Insider or a verified expert of traveling around that area. According to Google Maps, the scooter rental place is about 55 miles from where her car was found which would take about an hour, and it is possible she was speeding whenever she could.

Also, we have the witness who supposedly picked her up at Keith Lane near the car crash site. LE has not revealed that person to be a POI or suspect and they haven't even revealed his name. It seems they have reason to believe this witness is telling the truth, OR they have a vested interest in not releasing any more info.

As far as I have read, no one has said what time Sheridan was dropped off at the fire station, which would be helpful info in establishing a timeline. It's strange so much info is missing. Why not say something like "The witness picked her up ~2:30 when he saw her running along Keith Lane. He dropped her off at the fire station around 3:15 into the custody of a fire officer." OR say "The witness picked her up ~2:30pm near the car crash site and dropped her off at the fire station. Unfortunately the witness wrongly assumed an officer would be present to help and did not wait to make sure Sheridan made it inside safely with a fire station employee. No employees were at the station until ___ but they did not see Sheridan at that time." Why didn't they say something like that? How would that info compromise the investigation? This is why I'm suspicious that there is some sort of cover-up.

I agree with your assessment regarding the situation with the good Samaritan. It would clear up a lot of confusion. I think the lack of information is providing a climate of mistrust when probably it was a series of unfortunate events that led to Sheridan's passing. I think it makes it especially hard for her parents if clarification has not been given to them as to the last 12 to 15 hours of her life while she was at that unattended fire station. I think that would be the hardest thing to deal with because it would always be a case of 'what if...'.

If the circumstances of Sheridan's death are all just missed opportunities and timing it is very very sad.

I think that the way things are these days it's so easy to get sued or "canceled" that no one is willing to step up and say "yes, I didn't make sure she was with an emergency worker but she was acting erratic and I never imagined she would die" or "yes, I was working at the fire station while her body was laying there but I never looked on that side of the tower" or whatever. Everyone just dances around everything. It ends up being the coroner who shares enough info with us for us to put it together, who obviously had nothing to do with any of it while she was still alive and that's why he can say it without getting bum rushed by the internet.

I think that the way things are these days it's so easy to get sued or "canceled" that no one is willing to step up and say "yes, I didn't make sure she was with an emergency worker but she was acting erratic and I never imagined she would die" or "yes, I was working at the fire station while her body was laying there but I never looked on that side of the tower" or whatever. Everyone just dances around everything. It ends up being the coroner who shares enough info with us for us to put it together, who obviously had nothing to do with any of it while she was still alive and that's why he can say it without getting bum rushed by the internet.

I think yeah, people are staying quiet about little things that are not crimes, but things that simply expose them for not being perfect model citizens. They need to stick their necks out for this poor woman's family, though. The family needs answers, I am sure. And as you said, it will breed public mistrust of LE if little things like this are kept quiet. It just looks really suspicious.

I think yeah, people are staying quiet about little things that are not crimes, but things that simply expose them for not being perfect model citizens. They need to stick their necks out for this poor woman's family, though. The family needs answers, I am sure. And as you said, it will breed public mistrust of LE if little things like this are kept quiet. It just looks really suspicious.
I suspect LE has informed her family of the details and don't need to make the details public. Perhaps her family prefers the details not be made public.

I suspect LE has informed her family of the details and don't need to make the details public. Perhaps her family prefers the details not be made public.
They may have told them as much or as little as they know at this point in time. IDK
We have no idea what was going on in her life prior to this trip to Florida which appears to be a sudden chaotic choice to see her father but went to a scooter rental place first. Was she planning on an extended visit? Nothing has been said if it was planned or she left abruptly in the middle of the night. She lived with her mom, right?
Did she tell her goodbye? Did her mom see her leave with a suitcase? Have any idea she was going?
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back