SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Luna

June 4 there was a mediation, there were others before. On the 4th AM was suppose to have financial records, he didn’t. There was a june 10th meeting set up for him to have his records. His dad died the 10th.

Got it thanks! I think I read that AM was refusing to turn over the records. Surprise surprise. The law didn’t apply to him.

@Luna20

I said before as far as jail/ prison sentence, lighter sentence for addict then for a dealer.

I still feel that something is off, something that hasn’t come to the surface yet.

Jmo

Right-the lighter sentence angle. I agree there is something we don’t know of yet. I’m wondering if it’s bigger than we can imagine. Human trafficking, underground activity…

I have to believe he stole much more than that.
And the drug addiction scenario just does not add up to me. It just makes too tidy a package and does not actually get into the deeper politics of who else was getting money.

The money went somewhere else.

Right.

CS was writing checks to others. At that time CS is talking or they got a subpoena for his account. The amounts of the checks ending in odd amounts kinda stand out to me. Not being $7000 or $9500.

Jmo

The $155,970 in cashier’s checks went to Curtis “Eddie” Smith, of Walterboro, and were cashed at various banks around Hampton and Beaufort counties, according to notations on checks viewed by The State and Island Packet newspapers. All but one of the cashier’s checks were endorsed with the signature, “Curtis E. Smith.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255735281.html

Although Murdaugh’s “Forge” account was said by Waters to be the destination for millions of dollars, by October 2020, it had only $839 in it, according to a Bank of America statement for that month.

Murdaugh’s “Forge” account in the Bank of America had already attracted attention from law enforcement and people suing Murdaugh.

All but one went to CS. ?

There is a link here that I can not access about CS 2007 accident, if someone could and post that would be great.

“Mike Tyson said ‘everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.’ So they got punched in the face last month,” Eric Bland said of Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin. “When they did not win and bail got denied, they got punched in the face. When Judge Hall granted the motion for receivership, they got punched in the face. When Judge Newman denied bond for the second time – they’re getting punched in the face at every turn.”

Alex Murdaugh Faces 27 New Charges; Accused of Stealing $5 Million, Including From Trooper Injured in Line of Duty

“Mike Tyson said ‘everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.’ So they got punched in the face last month,” Eric Bland said of Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin. “When they did not win and bail got denied, they got punched in the face. When Judge Hall granted the motion for receivership, they got punched in the face. When Judge Newman denied bond for the second time – they’re getting punched in the face at every turn.”

Alex Murdaugh Faces 27 New Charges; Accused of Stealing $5 Million, Including From Trooper Injured in Line of Duty

:D I really like EB, he's not holding back. I do hope he's careful though.

RSBM
There is a link here that I can not access about CS 2007 accident, if someone could and post that would be great.
The article is behind a paywall, so we are not allowed to paste the entire article, but here is a summary.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254262243.html

Starting in September 2010, AM, RM III, and RM IV represented CS in a personal injury lawsuit against American Forest Management pertaining to a September 2007 workplace accident.

CS claimed to have injured his spine and knee in 2007 while attempting to jump over a ditch while working as a contractor on a timber-cutting job.

The lawsuit was settled in 2012, but the terms of the settlement are not public.

In a 2011 deposition pertaining to the case, CS admitted to being prescribed Oxycontin and Oxycodone.

In 2011 court testimony pertaining to the case, CS claimed that he was related “by blood or marriage” to the Murdaughs.

:D I really like EB, he's not holding back. I do hope he's careful though.

I as well, I loved watching Tyson fight, boxing fan here. Sorry he lost his way, Cus Damato saved him then adopted him out of reform school. He was a great fighter.

I hope CS’s atty’s convince him to talk/plea down to get the goods on AM but I think he’s in deep.

RSBM

The article is behind a paywall, so we are not allowed to paste the entire article, but here is a summary.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254262243.html

Starting in September 2010, AM, RM III, and RM IV represented CS in a personal injury lawsuit against American Forest Management pertaining to a September 2007 workplace accident.

CS claimed to have injured his spine and knee in 2007 while attempting to jump over a ditch while working as a contractor on a timber-cutting job.

The lawsuit was settled in 2012, but the terms of the settlement are not public.

In a 2011 deposition pertaining to the case, CS admitted to being prescribed Oxycontin and Oxycodone.

In 2011 court testimony pertaining to the case, CS claimed that he was related “by blood or marriage” to the Murdaughs.

Thanks

Took 3 lawyers to settle this one?

In that link: We have yet to speak to anyone who was aware of his addiction to opioids.

If he had an addiction, I don't believe it was for opioids. I think he had an addiction to finding ways to steal money for his own use and is using drugs as an excuse.

After now hearing about the injured policeman who didn't get his money, I think they should go back to every claim AM and his family has had their hands in and make sure the money went where it was supposed to go.

Also, I now wonder if CS's really had an injury and if they all set out for a big claim and followed with a suit for it.

I found this link that has a lot of info in it but you have to accept the cookies or pay to get to it. It could be a link that someone is already using.

He really isn’t that smart. If not for his father, grandfather and part owner of the firm I don’t think he would have been able to pull this off. His biggest advantage was no one would go up against him. That kept a lot at bay for his schemes versus being intelligent.

Agreed. He's skated his entire life on his name and inherited wealth.

If this murder involves more than one person, then I fully expect someone to flip. It's a death penalty state after all. Someone always turns state's evidence in a murder conspiracy.

I have absolutely no doubt that Alex either did this, or arranged it. Even if he didn't pull the trigger, he's the most culpable.

They'll turn on him, not the other way around.

Just think, if AM hadn't killed / put a hit out on MM and PM, all his financial crimes might have stayed hidden. He probably could have gotten away with his massive fraud and embezzlement schemes till he kicked the bucket of old age.

Although there is not a lot of new information in this article, I keep seeing this mugshot of AM and for the life of me I cannot see 20 years of drug use at the level that the missing money suggests. I have seen mug shots of men and women much younger than him which means they haven't been using as long and they have sunken eyes and blotchy skin and hollow cheeks and they look sick and worn down. How can he look so healthy ? I don't buy it !

Agree 100%. imho, AM's never used illegal drugs but I'm betting he took over buddy / business partner Barrett T. Boulware's drug running empire (which might explain some alleged connection to the Cowboys?). Which would also explain why he never worked on any cases at JMPED since 2019 (Boulware died in 2018).

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members