Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, which interview was this?? Do you have a link? This was the HP’s first time meeting her?? I’ve never heard this and I’ve followed from the beginning.

I have been here since day 1 also! I actually do remember reading that they were meeting for the first time but it was the very very beginning and I'm sure I would never be able to find the article. I will try and go look.

I have been here since day 1 also! I actually do remember reading that they were meeting for the first time but it was the very very beginning and I'm sure I would never be able to find the article. I will try and go look.
I recall it was a poorly worded article and not the first time they were meeting. MOO

I recall it was a poorly worded article and not the first time they were meeting. MOO

I think you're probably right! I just remember thinking when I read it that maybe that's why she seemed upset or whatever words he uses and left early. I have never seen it again though and also had the impression that they probably had met before.

Jw and his fiance have been engaged since March 2019. The football game was not the first time Heidi met her. JW has never stated that. He dud say that Heidi was up and down, on the opposite side of the field. She then came over in the middle of the game and simply said she has to go.

Hmmm, which interview was this?? Do you have a link? This was the HP’s first time meeting her?? I’ve never heard this and I’ve followed from the beginning.
I've never heard anything about this either. In fact, I think the DM article that published the court docs related to the most recent emergency temp. custody filing showed texts purportedly sent between HP and wife/fiance/gf about flowers and being thankful for everything she did for BW. Now, no one can attest to whether they were actually from HP as the number isn't visible, IIRC, but that seems to indicate a more intimate understanding of each other than just a first time meeting.

Jw and his fiance have been engaged since March 2019. The football game was not the first time Heidi met her. JW has never stated that. He dud say that Heidi was up and down, on the opposite side of the field. She then came over in the middle of the game and simply said she has to go.

I don't know of any MSM source for the engagement date. If you do, please post. But I believe they've been engaged longer than since March 2019 according to sources that can't be used here. At any rate, I agree it's quite unlikely they met for the first time at the game the day she disappeared.
JMO

No im pretty sure I know what I read. I think that we figured out that it was bad reporting as stated above and there's really no need to keep discussing it at this point.

No im pretty sure I know what I read. I think that we figured out that it was bad reporting as stated above and there's really no need to keep discussing it at this point.
Correct, and they have been in a relationship since 2017 so she most certainly had met her in 5 or so years. I do not believe MSM articles would ever state that as it is not particularly relevant to her missing.

Correct, and they have been in a relationship since 2017 so she most certainly had met her in 5 or so years. I do not believe MSM articles would ever state that as it is not particularly relevant to her missing.

Lol im sorry that you dont believe msm could possibly get something wrong. Also, I am not the original poster that brought this up. I just let them know that they werent crazy I had read that somewhere too and it has snowballed from there. Its not a big deal yall! Can we move on now? Thanks!

The girlfriend is relevant insofar as she could provide a timeline/alibi for JW's movements directly after the football game. But that is between her and LE, I suppose. And neither she nor LE is talking. jmo

In my non-expert opinion, what we 'know' is consistent with HP voluntarily going into drug rehab. Whether it was motivated by her employer (and paid for by their health plan) or the court order (which see) to get to see her son, it is a way to get out of any investigation for however long it takes (can take years before she 'recovers') and compels those involved to keep confidences (at least from the public). People running rehabs are used to handling 'interventions' and managing personal affairs (including pets) of those going in.

Seems that LE would be more visible in most similar cases, and friends seem to have backed off -- perhaps the word is out, among the inner circle.

You're right imho that no one has the full picture and there could be unexpected twists to the story, including the possibility that Heidi may be voluntarily missing or otherwise occupied. There are a lot of things that do indicate that is possible, but if you compare all that to the various facts that point to foul play they don't seem as important. (Much of this information originated with public records, and other readily available stuff on the internet or said in interviews)

Alternative theories shouldn't be ignored but where is the evidence that she wasn't at the football game? I mean no one has any reason to think that piece of info isn't acccurate. I haven't heard anything so far really from the media that sounded like an intentionally suspicious statements other than tryingn to gype their stories like slanting obtaining a search warrant for security camera footage that we have no idea if it resulted in any evidence or not to "obtaining the security camera footage" as if the footage actually did contain useful content from Oct 17 that hadn't been written over 3 weeks later...Interesting this dumb move was the last time we heard a peep from anyone.

I guess the fact that she was there would be such an odd one to lie about because surely someone could emerge who knows the kid and say "no his mom was never theree" if they were lying. It was a public event just because people don't want to go on the news to confirm this doesn't mean a bunch of people didn't see her there and could likely confirm that she was in fact there. If we can't trust basic facts like this then how do we even know there is a real Heidi and she's not some crisis actor hired by a foreign government created to sway the next election? I mean is it possible, Sure. Is that the case? Low odds but hey you never know.

The better odds are that that this is a real person we're talking about who has an 11 yo son who's mother vanished more than a month ago and that coming to conclusions like that could possibly be the reason she isn't ever found. It's like the risk that she's in rehab and everyone who suspects foul play, would just mean we all wasted time and energy in the pursuit of justice for someone who didn't deserve it. On the other hand, if she's was taken against her will by ___________ and is being held against her and no one looked into it or the right person didn't look into it than someone could die, the people who did it would get away with it and continue their behavior and might never be caught, a child would grow up with no mom, and the world will ultimately be a worse place as a result. I don't mean to be a Nancy Grace but the human factor of this outweighs some of the other concerns.

There is overwhelming evidence to point to the most likely scenario being foul play: her job involved massive fraud and sketchy people, her dog was beloved dog was found wandering the halls where she was last seen (football game is the place she was last seen until new footage emerged from the Unicorn Museum next to H+F although many people probably think that it had something to do with the police search warrant that was 3 weeks too late), she has numerous possible connections to the building.

There's zero chance she did any of this intentionally and is in hiding or went to rehab to try to get custody she had custody. If anything, JW had her killed to get custody from her in such a manner as he did shortly after she disappeared. That's suspicious to me because it's very negative because it anticipates she will not be located, would take some work undoing if she were to be found, and she's not there so obviously he has custody of the child until she returns. I would have waited months holding out hope she'd be found before ever doing something like that for legal reasons, if at all. Who else would get custody? If he is connected to her work or boss that's even more troubling. On the other hand there are reasons to think he has nothing to do with it too and is just a little bit dim.

If she did any of this intentionally it would be disastrous for anything she wanted from a judge ever. Court only awarded custody to ex husband because she disappeared in the first place..she didn't go missing in some plot to get custody back, she already had custody. No one would play along with such a charade because it could destroy their credibility and everyone relies on that, LE, rehabs, Heidi.

Someone in that building took her. It's a sad day when no one wants to know who did this including the police who are supposed to protect people.

Still following this case. From what I've heard from her family and/or friends there is a short 30 minute window from when she is last seen on video in an alleyway behind the Hope+Flowers Bldg and the next point in the timeline (dog being found on 28th floor of H+F). With all I've read, I find it hard to believe LE hasn't zeroed in on someone yet. And the dog being found on a floor in that building? Someone on that floor with a connection to Heidi? OR someone in that building with a connection to Heidi and they turned the dog loose on a different floor to throw off LE? A lot of places have surveillance cameras in elevators now, but I haven't heard if this building had them in the elevators.
Exclusive: New Video Shows Heidi Planck In Downtown LA Less Than An Hour After She Was Last Seen

I still don't see how this is unsolved over a month later with a 30 minute window. Was she lured to that building to a room? (No text or phone call on her phone from any occupant of that bldg?)

I've found what I believe is her profile in LinkedIn. She has been with Camden Capital Partners for 5 years, the last 3 as the controller. For those who aren't familiar with that title, it usually indicates this is the person who handles the financial accounts or is the head of the department that handles the books. I tried looking her up in California's board of accountancy to see if she was registered as a CPA and there is no record of her. This isn't unusual though as I know of a lot of those with an accounting degree that don't obtain their CPA license but I was trying to cover all bases. (She could also have her CPA, but be licensed in another state.) And her degree in LinkedIn is listed as a general business degree. But as the controller - if that indicates she is the top financial person - she would know the financial records of the company and it would difficult, if not impossible, to hide any inappropriate transactions from her. (I suppose it is possible that the head of organization could have set up a shell corporation and authorized her to make payments or investments in that shell corp. In that case, she might have innocently believed this was an investment even it was otherwise. BUT she would still be aware of the payments. This, of course, assumes there was some financial shenanigans going on.) What is interesting in her LinkedIn profile is that in the 13 years leading to her appointment as the firm's controller, her experience was mostly as an executive assistant. It makes me wonder about her qualifications to be a controller.

Still following this case. From what I've heard from her family and/or friends there is a short 30 minute window from when she is last seen on video in an alleyway behind the Hope+Flowers Bldg and the next point in the timeline (dog being found on 28th floor of H+F). With all I've read, I find it hard to believe LE hasn't zeroed in on someone yet. And the dog being found on a floor in that building? Someone on that floor with a connection to Heidi? OR someone in that building with a connection to Heidi and they turned the dog loose on a different floor to throw off LE? A lot of places have surveillance cameras in elevators now, but I haven't heard if this building had them in the elevators.
Exclusive: New Video Shows Heidi Planck In Downtown LA Less Than An Hour After She Was Last Seen

I still don't see how this is unsolved over a month later with a 30 minute window. Was she lured to that building to a room? (No text or phone call on her phone from any occupant of that bldg?)

I've found what I believe is her profile in LinkedIn. She has been with Camden Capital Partners for 5 years, the last 3 as the controller. For those who aren't familiar with that title, it usually indicates this is the person who handles the financial accounts or is the head of the department that handles the books. I tried looking her up in California's board of accountancy to see if she was registered as a CPA and there is no record of her. This isn't unusual though as I know of a lot of those with an accounting degree that don't obtain their CPA license but I was trying to cover all bases. (She could also have her CPA, but be licensed in another state.) And her degree in LinkedIn is listed as a general business degree. But as the controller - if that indicates she is the top financial person - she would know the financial records of the company and it would difficult, if not impossible, to hide any inappropriate transactions from her. (I suppose it is possible that the head of organization could have set up a shell corporation and authorized her to make payments or investments in that shell corp. In that case, she might have innocently believed this was an investment even it was otherwise. BUT she would still be aware of the payments. This, of course, assumes there was some financial shenanigans going on.) What is interesting in her LinkedIn profile is that in the 13 years leading to her appointment as the firm's controller, her experience was mostly as an executive assistant. It makes me wonder about her qualifications to be a controller.

I wouldn't look too much into her job title. IMO it's not uncommon for small businesses to give their employees official sounding job titles to either 1) make the employee feel important/valued or 2) make the company appear larger and/or more professional. source- I was a controller, then COO for a small-ish business that I worked at for many years, and my degree is in sociology lol.

I wouldn't look too much into her job title. IMO it's not uncommon for small businesses to give their employees official sounding job titles to either 1) make the employee feel important/valued or 2) make the company appear larger and/or more professional. source- I was a controller, then COO for a small-ish business that I worked at for many years, and my degree is in sociology lol.
Agreed. But as a CPA with experience in both public accounting and as a controller I can't ever recall running into anyone who had the title of controller and wasn't handling the books. I have run across those who had the title and responsibilities of a controller without an accounting or even a business degree, but never anyone who had the title and wasn't actually performing the function. Not saying it hasn't happened, but as an auditor if I was introduced to someone who held the title at a client but didn't perform as such I would find it VERY strange at a minimum.

On another note, it appears there is an entity, Camden Capital, that appears to be a different entity. But that entity maybe owned btw 50% and 75% by Camden Capital Partners, Heidi's employer.
Camden Capital Partners Llc - Camden Capital, LLC

This news article indicates that Heidi's employer is Camden Capital Partners, LLC. ‘She would never just leave’: Investigators look into if Mid-City mom’s disappearance related to financial investigation | KTLA

I know in Virginia from working on at least one fraud case that trying to identify the principals or officers in an LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) is notoriously difficult as opposed to your regular corporations. But I tried to look up Camden Capital Partners, LLC in the CA state corporation records just the same and found an entity with the CA ID# of 200702310142. There is only one name listed on the latest filing (23 Aug 2021) and that is "Heidi Planck" with the title of "Manager". The 2020 filing has the name of "Heidi P. Wayne" with the title of "Controller".

Last edited:
To me it seems like if someone kidnapped/killed HP, then leaving the dog behind would be a very risky move. A found dog could trigger phone calls etc, that may have alerted someone pretty quickly to HPs disappearance (unfortunately didn’t play out that way for HP), but depending on who recognizes the dog/answers the number on the dogs collar etc., I would think leaving a dog behind a very bad idea.

I'm not convinced she's still in the building. If someone is keeping her, I think they probably moved her fairly quickly to another location. Unfortunately, I don't think she is still with us.

Yes well said that'd be the obvious move considering all the heat on that building. So who has control over the comings and goings in that building and another building where they could relocate her? What kind of person has that kind of authority and power? Hmm...

To me it seems like if someone kidnapped/killed HP, then leaving the dog behind would be a very risky move. A found dog could trigger phone calls etc, that may have alerted someone pretty quickly to HPs disappearance (unfortunately didn’t play out that way for HP), but depending on who recognizes the dog/answers the number on the dogs collar etc., I would think leaving a dog behind a very bad idea.

Wait a second. But the dog did trigger phone calls and an investigation and probably was a bad idea to just leave it there... I think what you are saying is the dog was probably found very quickly after it was separated from Heidi and wasn't left there on purpose?? Like someone thought "oh I'll be back in a minute to get the dog" and then the annoying neighbor walked out and found the dog before they could return from whatever it was they were preoccupied with, expecting no one to find the dog in the next minute. Maybe it took a little longer than they expected...you know how those things go always more work than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member