GUILTY UK - man and woman murdered whilst children in house, Somerset, 2021

Luwin

Reaction score
A man and a woman were killed at a property in Somerset with two young children inside.

The pair, aged in their 30s, were found with serious injuries at the house in Dragon Rise in Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, at about 21:45 GMT on Sunday.

Two men, aged 34 and 67, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody.

Two young children were inside the property at the time of the incident and while thankfully they weren't hurt, they are understandably distressed at what has happened.

"They are being looked after and specially trained officers have been deployed to support the victim's families in what is undoubtedly the most difficult of times."

The force said that due to prior police contact with those involved, a mandatory referral will be made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Norton Fitzwarren deaths: Man and woman killed at house

Initially I wondered if this was a jealous ex type situation, but would a father commit a crime like this in front of his children (I know the answer to this is yes, but still doesn't bare thinking about)

From the MSM linked above: "Police have told me both the children found inside the property and the families of the victims are being supported."

An interesting choice of words. The whole article very carefully refers to two dead adults and the two children at the house - not their two children.

Might be something, might be nothing. Might just be a reflection of the journalist's uncertainty before the victims are named.

JMO

From the MSM linked above: "Police have tol
A man and a woman were killed at a property in Somerset with two young children inside.

The pair, aged in their 30s, were found with serious injuries at the house in Dragon Rise in Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, at about 21:45 GMT on Sunday.

Two men, aged 34 and 67, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody.

Two young children were inside the property at the time of the incident and while thankfully they weren't hurt, they are understandably distressed at what has happened.

"They are being looked after and specially trained officers have been deployed to support the victim's families in what is undoubtedly the most difficult of times."

The force said that due to prior police contact with those involved, a mandatory referral will be made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Norton Fitzwarren deaths: Man and woman killed at house
hi websleuths friends. Longtime member & lurker. This is about 4 miles from my home. The very latest is it’s possibly a row over parking. Sorry not able to do a link, but it’s on all mainstream media. I’m completely lost for words. God bless those beautiful children. May they please get justice for their irreplaceable loss.

hi websleuths friends. Longtime member & lurker. This is about 4 miles from my home. The very latest is it’s possibly a row over parking. Sorry not able to do a link, but it’s on all mainstream media. I’m completely lost for words. God bless those beautiful children. May they please get justice for their irreplaceable loss.
Good heavens! Over parking?

Man and woman in their 30s found dead in property in Somerset with two 'distressed' children | Daily Mail Online

A man and woman who were found dead at a house with two distressed children could have been killed in a row over parking, neighbours have claimed.

Officers were called to Dragon Rise in Taunton, Somerset, at 9.45pm where the pair, both in their 30s, were found with serious injuries.

They were both pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts from paramedics.

Two men, aged 34 and 67, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody for questioning.

Residents living close to the couple said they had been friendly, and had two young sons aged around four and seven.

One of their immediate neighbours and his father have been arrested on suspicion of murder, PA understands.

A woman living nearby said: 'We didn't see much of (the suspect) really, but there had been rows in the past about parking.'

Man and woman in their 30s found dead in property in Somerset with two 'distressed' children | Daily Mail Online

A man and woman who were found dead at a house with two distressed children could have been killed in a row over parking, neighbours have claimed.

Officers were called to Dragon Rise in Taunton, Somerset, at 9.45pm where the pair, both in their 30s, were found with serious injuries.

They were both pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts from paramedics.

Two men, aged 34 and 67, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody for questioning.

Residents living close to the couple said they had been friendly, and had two young sons aged around four and seven.

One of their immediate neighbours and his father have been arrested on suspicion of murder, PA understands.

A woman living nearby said: 'We didn't see much of (the suspect) really, but there had been rows in the past about parking.'
Wow… not that there’s ever any justification for something like this to happen, but parking?! Really? So sad. Thinking of the children - poor souls :(

Parking...?? Omg, we really need to start asking ourselves some tough questions about what's going wrong in our society and our culture.

Right? I get that parking can be tough in some areas and people get very touchy about people using their spots etc…but come on…we have to do better overall. There is enough tragedy in the world without creating it.

My younger brother just went into hospice today after a surgery, which should have been relatively routine, turned into the worst kind of nightmare…and now my family, scatted mostly across the US, is in a terrible holding pattern that can only be ended by his passing…so am not feeling very compassionate about things like parking rights…am so sorry this happened…

Two people willing to commit double murder and spend the rest of their lives in jail over...a parking dispute? Doesn't really make any sense. But then again I can't think of any motive that would make sense.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother @cluciano63

Parking...?? Omg, we really need to start asking ourselves some tough questions about what's going wrong in our society and our culture.

I once had a former neighbour come to my door with a knife over parking spaces (I lived in a row of terraces with on road parking only), people can be triggered by the strangest of things... In my case it was someone who didnt have enough to worry about so they fixated on something most people would consider a petty annoyance.

I hope those poor kids are getting the help they need

I am wondering who found the victims and raised the alarm. I really hope it wasn't the children. The DM link above mentions screams being heard so perhaps it was one of the neighbours. It also mentions the fact that there had been previous police involvement, which sounds as though threats were made that perhaps weren't taken seriously enough. Lack of manpower and resources in the police is something else that really needs reviewing imo.

JMO

A woman was stabbed to death in her home as her two children were asleep upstairs, police have said.

Jennifer and Stephen Chapple, who was also killed, were found at the house in Dragon Rise in Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, Somerset, on Sunday night.

Their children, aged five and six, were unhurt and are being looked after by family members.

Two men, aged 34 and 67, were arrested on suspicion of murder. The older man has been released under investigation.

A post-mortem examination confirmed Mrs Chapple died from multiple stab wounds.

Investigations into Mr Chapple's cause of death are ongoing.

Jennifer and Stephen Chapple: Mum stabbed to death as children slept upstairs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back