GUILTY GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should, because if you've ever tried to jog or even walk any distance, in no socks and even slightly long toenails, it can be very uncomfortable. The entire picture she painted was of a "not jogger." Khaki's instead of sport shorts or sweats, etc. together with the no socks and long toenails, scream "not jogger." jmo

She was painting a picture all right. As for the rest- if someone regularly exercises by moving more quickly than walking but less speedily than running, then that person can reasonably be called a jogger, as in, someone who jogs, no matter whether or not they are wearing anyone else's idea of permissable clothing.

My SO said when he was younger in FL, he used to run in the evening or at night because it was cooler. He said he found a place where it could do sit-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups on a beam on private property. Because of this case, he thinks he could have been killed for using it as a halfway running point. He suggested that AA might have done pullups on a beam inside the house.

Last edited:
My SO said when he was younger in FL, he used to run in the evening or at night because it was cooler. He said he found a place where it could do sit-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups on a beam on private property. He thinks he could have been killed for using it as a halfway running point. He suggested that AA might have done pullups on a beam inside the house.

He never stayed longer than a few minutes, all caught on tape except for when right outside out back, where a faucet was (seen back there just once).

Here's a compilation of all the videos of AA inside the structure.....

He never stayed longer than a few minutes, all caught on tape except for when right outside out back, where a faucet was (seen back there just once).

Here's a compilation of all the videos of AA inside the structure.....

Yeah, my SO asked how long he was in there, and I told him 4 minutes the last time. He said that was enough time if he was doing some other exercise off from where the camera could see. It's just a suggestion, of course. Thanks for the compilation because I'd also told him you said that we could see a pattern of where he'd go whenever he was there.

I don't think I ever saw the boat ramp one before. He looks tired, like he might be catching his breath there.

ETA, and there's no damn way he was creeping etc away from TM but then walks around the house so calmly while TM is outside with the carlights. Just ridiculous.

Respectfully, maybe he hadn't done laundry for his "jogger-appropriate" clothes. Maybe he didn't get the memo that in order to be a legit jogger, he must wear socks and cut his toenails every few days. Maybe he was going through things in his life-- like his mom said, and he'd taken up jogging as a hobby -- not a professional sport -- so he could cope. Maybe he wasn't trying to prove he was a jogger -- he was just jogging.

Maybe some runners don't wear socks like Usain Bolt.

Or maybe he wasn't out jogging. Both are valid opinions. jmo

Not now, but in my younger years I was an avid jogger and sometimes even with longer than usual toenails and different colored shorts. Why didn't he steal anything if he wasn't jogging or is he being accused of breaking into unlocked cars from years ago?

Jogging or stealing aren't the only two choices

She was painting a picture all right. As for the rest- if someone regularly exercises by moving more quickly than walking but less speedily than running, then that person can reasonably be called a jogger, as in, someone who jogs, no matter whether or not they are wearing anyone else's idea of permissable clothing.

Not "permissible" -- usual, typical, normal -- what one would expect. Nothing wrong with not being out for a jog, is there?

Or maybe he wasn't out jogging. Both are valid opinions. jmo
But he is dead by three men who hunted him and killed him. Are you suggesting it is because he wasn't really jogging? What was he doing then. Maybe he was on the look out for child molesters?
There was crime but it was closer to home for Roddy Bryan.

I don't know what he was doing. Do you know?

I don't. But the title of this thread says he was a "jogger," and so do most of the articles written about this case (small sample below). Someone wants the jury and the public to believe that Arbery was jogging when there's no evidence that he was, imo. I don't believe the jogging story and I'm mot sure why it's even presented as fact anywhere. We can agree to disagree. jmo

Ahmaud Arbery: What you need to know about the case
(The racially charged case of three men accused of killing a black jogger last year in the US state of Georgia );

Ahmaud Arbery killing trial: Attorneys deliver closing arguments in case of jogger's shooting - CNN (Ahmaud Arbery killing trial: Attorneys deliver closing arguments in case of jogger's shooting)

Jury sees video of Arbery's prior visits to neighborhood he was shot in

( Prosecutors say Arbery was an avid runner out for a Sunday afternoon jog

I don't. But the title of this thread says he was a "jogger," and so do most of the articles written about this case (small sample below). Someone wants the jury and the public to believe that Arbery was jogging when there's no evidence that he was, imo. I don't believe the jogging story and I'm mot sure why it's even presented as fact anywhere. We can agree to disagree. jmo

(The racially charged case of three men accused of killing a black jogger last year in the US state of Georgia );

Ahmaud Arbery killing trial: Attorneys deliver closing arguments in case of jogger's shooting - CNN (Ahmaud Arbery killing trial: Attorneys deliver closing arguments in case of jogger's shooting)

Yes, we can agree to disagree. I'm open to suggestions to what else he could be doing, but you don't have any.

No evidence that he was jogging? He was running before and during the chase. What evidence do you need to know that he was jogging? Apart from the clothing you have stipulated and having manicured feet.

But he is dead by three men who hunted him and killed him. Are you suggesting it is because he wasn't really jogging? What was he doing then. Maybe he was on the look out for child molesters?
There was crime but it was closer to home for Roddy Bryan.

I am very clearly saying that the reason the defense attorney mentioned his clothes and the state of his nails was to refute the narrative that he was jogging through the neighborhood. I don't know why he needs to be jogging for the defendants to be guilty.

No evidence that he was jogging? He was running before and during the chase. What evidence do you need to know that he was jogging? Apart from the clothing you have stipulated and having manicured feet.

You'll notice that the poster I was responding to also said s/he doesn't know whether Arbery was jogging.

I am very clearly saying that the reason the defense attorney mentioned his clothes and the state of his nails was to refute the narrative that he was jogging through the neighborhood. I don't know why he needs to be jogging for the defendants to be guilty.

And some have the opinion that it doesn't refute it. Why does the defense need to refute it for the defendants to be "not guilty?"

Yeah, my SO asked how long he was in there, and I told him 4 minutes the last time. He said that was enough time if he was doing some other exercise off from where the camera could see. It's just a suggestion, of course. Thanks for the compilation because I'd also told him you said that we could see a pattern of where he'd go whenever he was there.

I don't think I ever saw the boat ramp one before. He looks tired, like he might be catching his breath there.

ETA, and there's no damn way he was creeping etc away from TM but then walks around the house so calmly while TM is outside with the carlights. Just ridiculous.

As the defense keeps saying, it was pitch dark that Feb 11 night. Outside & inside. We're not talking lit up by neon or city street lights there, as the LEO's body cam demonstrated. There is zero possibility Travis saw AA anywhere but plainly in view in the front yard, just before he calmly strolled on into the unfinished, open construction site, as Travis went running home to get daddy & his gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans