Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you and your friend sign anything like a hand written letter or a printed offer and acceptance paper work to agree on the sum of money that was being offered, basically did the friend present the purchase price being offered on pater that you then agreed with a signature before the lawyers drew up the contracts, how was the purchase price presented to you and how did you accept (normally that's all the realestate agent is there for them its the lawyer/settlement agent who come up with the more formal contracts after the purchase price has been offered and agreed too)
No, none of that. Our friends told us the price and we agreed. Real estate agents have nothing to do with the legalities of prices.

Defendants get to choose.
Is that the same for every state in Aus???

Also I know this is from "media" today:
“The orders are necessary to prevent any prejudice to the public administration of justice, but also it’s necessary to protect the safety of a person to avoid any undue distress or embarrassment to the parties involved,” she said.(The Judge)

Do you think this relates to the FP's or the just the child?? (probably both)

My question is why cant everyone that has to go to court be afforded the same privilege?
"to avoid any undue distress or embarrassment to the parties involved"

Or can a lawyer ask for suppression for any client??

William Tyrrell foster parents face court over assault charge relating to a different child | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Last edited:
Did you and your friend sign anything like a hand written letter or a printed offer and acceptance paper work to agree on the sum of money that was being offered, basically did the friend present the purchase price being offered on pater that you then agreed with a signature before the lawyers drew up the contracts, how was the purchase price presented to you and how did you accept (normally that's all the realestate agent is there for them its the lawyer/settlement agent who come up with the more formal contracts after the purchase price has been offered and agreed too)
No, none of that. Our friends told us the price and we agreed. Real estate agents have nothing to do with the legalities of prices.

Turn of all mobile and electronic devices.

I've sat in the public gallery of some high profile trials where reporters all with laptops are madly typing away their notes of the proceedings. Some probably submit copy from right there in the courtroom.

I guess laptops are not considered electronic devices. o_O
I think they are considered electronic devices. Well, at least in the states, like in Colorado, where it is not allowed to use electronic devices during a trial---they include laptops, cells and tablets in the 'turn them off ' rules/

Do you have any evidence that it was a minor bruise?

This is not evidence---but it did make me think it was not a really serious injury. If it had been a broken bone or a punch in the face, I don't think the magistrate would have made that comment.

• The allegations are not the most serious that the courts see by any stretch,” Magistrate Dene said.

I think they are considered electronic devices. Well, at least in the states, like in Colorado, where it is not allowed to use electronic devices during a trial---they include laptops, cells and tablets in the 'turn them off ' rules/

Seems enforcement of it here depends on who is on the bench at the time. I guess if it becomes distracting to the proceeding then his or her honour will have something to say about it.

You mean in addition to William's bio sister?

I've never heard that said.
Gotta have faith stated it in a post today ‘ …….What happens to the other FC in their care? Are they then removed also?

'How is this so interesting?' Incredible spray from magistrate hearing allegations William Tyrrell's foster parents assaulted a child - as she demands to know WHY there's so much 'public interest' in the matter

Magistrate Robyn Denes continued a series of suppression orders which prevent the parents being named or the nature of the allegations against them being published.

The orders are in place to prevent prejudice to the proper administration of justice, to stop undue distress and embarrassment and for the parties' safety.

William Tyrrell's foster parents Sydney faces court Hornsby assault of a child | Daily Mail Online

'How is this so interesting?' Incredible spray from magistrate hearing allegations William Tyrrell's foster parents assaulted a child - as she demands to know WHY there's so much 'public interest' in the matter

Magistrate Robyn Denes continued a series of suppression orders which prevent the parents being named or the nature of the allegations against them being published.

The orders are in place to prevent prejudice to the proper administration of justice, to stop undue distress and embarrassment and for the parties' safety.

William Tyrrell's foster parents Sydney faces court Hornsby assault of a child | Daily Mail Online

that's a little disingenuous, imo. surely she realises precisely why there is massive journalistic/public interest in the story (whether for wrong or right reasons, it's certainly obvious why)

Do we know why MFC was missing from two week's worth of inquest (per the CO podcast)?

Thank you for your post, @sniffsniffcough . I think these time-stamps alone are pretty compelling evidence that they were indeed impacted by time-zone shifts, and proof of life for WT would be 9:37 AM on 12/9/2014 (given the possibility that the camera may have been a handful of minutes off from real-time)? Or am I missing something?

ETA: Per sniffsniffcough's response a couple of comments below (#172 currently), I defer to the possibility that proof of life was 8:37 AM due to daylight savings and questions surrounding the time of procuring photos, etc

I don't understand how daylight savings would make the time of the photo 8.37?

When William went missing on the 12/9/2014 NSW was 2 hours ahead of Bali. When daylight savings started in October 2014 NSW was 3 hours ahead of Bali.

The camera recorded the 5th photo (the roar photo) at 7.39am.

There are 2 possible scenarios here. The camera was set to Bali time or the camera was on Australian time.

If it was 7.39am Bali time then the photo was created at 9.39am NSW time.

If it was in fact 7.39 NSW time then proof of life was at 7.39, creating a different timeline.

Where does 8.39 come into play?

If the 9.37 corrected time was done by computer or human because they were on NSW daylight saving time then the photo was taken 3 hours earlier at 6.37/6.39.

I don't know if I am allowed to be this open about myself. let me know and I can remove this post .I am struggling today with my interest in WT case. Mostly due to the fact of the intense media coverage. I would very much like to know all the details but I found myself cringing at myself while I look at photos of blurred out faces of people. More than likely will never met, never understand what this type of situation would be causing on a day to day life of all involved. I personally don't want or need to see photos of this type. As a new member i am struggling with balancing my good intention with speculation.

Gotta have faith stated it in a post today ‘ …….What happens to the other FC in their care? Are they then removed also?

The suspect in the disappearance of William Tyrrell has had a child removed from her custody and an AVO sought against her, as police search an area of Kendall where they believe the boy’s body could buried.
Child taken from suspect as cops renew William Tyrrell bush search | Daily Telegraph

William Tyrrell’s sister has been removed from the home of her foster carers.

William Tyrrell’s sister removed from foster home amid new police search for missing boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans