Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and that is why Bertolino is now saying this…

"We didn’t want the public going into a frenzy on that," he said. "I don’t think they considered him dangerous to anybody he met on the street."

Brian Laundrie update: Family surrendered guns to law enforcement on Sept. 17 -- but one was missing

Sorry, but this is irresponsible. WHAT IF he had done something!? I doubt LE in Wisconsin thought the guy they released earlier this month after he ran over someone with his car would go on to plow through old ladies and children in a parade, but guess what, he did.

IMO MOO

We don't even know for sure that was a gun case. I'm also not sure the time line you reference is entirely correct or at least it's not fully pinned down. A complication is the NPPD erroneously claiming they knew where BL was on 9/15.
JMO
I was replying to the specific hypothesized timeline of the original poster.

News that BL killed himself with a gun is what many of us expected to hear.

I think we know where the gun came from, IMO. I recall seeing the FBI holding what looked like an empty gun case when searching the trunk of the Mustang.

I find sadness in knowing both GP and BL are dead. There are no winners here. Everyone lost.

MOO.

if wfla is live will someone please post it live? otherwise I can't see it. thanks.

"We didn’t want the public going into a frenzy on that," he said. "I don’t think they considered him dangerous to anybody he met on the street."

Brian Laundrie update: Family surrendered guns to law enforcement on Sept. 17 -- but one was missing
"WE"? He had the power to tell LE to suppress the knowledge the possible murderer was armed with a deadly weapon and was wandering around in a public nature reserve?

Last edited:
News that BL killed himself with a gun is what many of us expected to hear.

I think we know where the gun came from, IMO. I recall seeing the FBI holding what looked like an empty gun case when searching the trunk of the Mustang.

I find sadness in knowing both GP and BL are dead. There are no winners here. Everyone lost.

MOO.
Yes, everyone did lose at his hand.

Why? Brian was likely facing the rest of his life in jail or death. Which is worse?
Moo
Lots of thoughts on this, too much for here, including discussions of nature vs nurture.
One thing for certain, if the parents withheld notifying LE before BL suicided, because, as you put it,he only had jail or death in his future, then Ls must have been told by BL that he did indeed kill GP. Considering that, the logic of allowing someone who has already committed murder, and is suffering psychologically, to leave their home with a weapon is unfathomable. Or did BL assure them, that this time he would only hurt himself?

Guess it’s all down to how each of us view moral responsibility. IMO the Ls are a fabulous example of humans concerned with their own skin, and only their own. Moo. I’ll stick with my original thought.

Sorry, but this is irresponsible. WHAT IF he had done something!? I doubt LE in Wisconsin thought the guy they released earlier this month after he ran over someone with his car would go on to plow through old ladies and children in a parade, but guess what, he did.

IMO MOO
I was agreeing to the quoted post, sorry if I wasn’t clear. IMO I found everything the parents didn’t do and the attorney’s comments irresponsible.

Have you tried the route on Waze or other mapping apps that collect data on car accidents/delays/police, etc?

Keep in mind co.ing back to Florida some rd were closed due to the hurricane hitting. Some routes would of been rerouted to fl.

What, unless he was engaged to them? What a stupid comment. Think he might have been dangerous to someone who threatened him or interfered with his plans? Do we even know how long he was out and about with a weapon? Has the autopsy been released stating time of death?

IMO MOO
The parents and attorney have acted horribly in my opinion..things could have been so different but they either didn't care or took bad advice. So the outcome is a cowardly way out for their now dead son and no real justice for poor Gabby. I really have no empathy for his parents. They protected him from Gabby's family and LE , treated him like a child but in the end they didn't protect him as he was an adult to do what he wanted. I don't think we will ever know what was in the journal or if we will ever hear from FBI about the outcome of Gabby"s case..moo moo moo

I feel sorry for Gabby and her family. And for all the LE agencies, who had to max out their budgets of public (U and I) money, and to risk their lives looking for the coward who had run away with the vehicle and stolen the money of the "100 pounds soaking wet" little 22 year old. Leaving her for the predators while he laughed and played with his family by the seashore.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member