FL FL - David Rees, 19, & Gregory Mitchell, 16, Polk County, 16 Nov 1981

I think that either "unloading the truck" was an excuse for a sexual predator to target them, or the pair of them got caught up in some illegal doings.

Still not hearing why the families took over a month to report the pair missing.

I'm wondering if the families took so long to report them missing because they had a history of running away? What were their lives at home and school like? Hard to know what to think based on so little information. There's a chance that an older male offered them some cash to unload the truck as a subterfuge to abduct them, or the pair got themselves into some illegal activity and paid the price.

Last edited:
I think I found David Rees. There is a John Doe found close to where I live. Found February 2, 1982. Has a chipped tooth. Weight and height match . Also age. The boy was found floating in the river. Been there a week. the dates definitely lineup, and coincidentally he was wearing a plaid cowboy shirt, blue jeans with a black belt and blue sneakers. Who should I report to?

I think I found David Rees. There is a John Doe found close to where I live. Found February 2, 1982. Has a chipped tooth. Weight and height match . Also age. The boy was found floating in the river. Been there a week. the dates definitely lineup, and coincidentally he was wearing a plaid cowboy shirt, blue jeans with a black belt and blue sneakers. Who should I report to?

Is this the one you're referring to?

Ascension Parish John Doe (1982)

18UMFL could be possible that this doe is David. Reconstruction sort of looks like him. But clothing doesn’t match and there’s no mention of this John Doe having chipped tooth.

Last edited:
Is there any update regarding Ascension Parish John Doe and Ceinon? It's the most plausible match for him that I've seen.

Is there a thread for the 3 skulls Winter Garden? I grew up there and cases in that area are of interest to me. I clicked on the link on page one but it takes me to the front page of Websleuths every time.

Is there a thread for the 3 skulls Winter Garden? I grew up there and cases in that area are of interest to me. I clicked on the link on page one but it takes me to the front page of Websleuths every time.
Does this link not work for you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire