Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question - If he has disclosed where they are buried, would they not take him there in person, for him to show where they are. This would also be used as more evidence. what do you all think...

They've located a specific area and will be establishing a search perimeter in the coming days. The area apparently has thick vegetation. While the area may be specific, it also could be large. If he disposed of the bodies at night, he may not be able to assist further, but the police won't give up. They probably know the boundaries but not the precise location.

I don't know if you're an Aussie, but I live a 3 minute walk from the bush in the Blue Mountains and it's very easy to get lost. There are often trees as far as the eye can see but no landmark to get your bearings. We see rescue helicopters on a regular basis in the warmer months.

They've located a specific area and will be establishing a search perimeter in the coming days. The area apparently has thick vegetation. While the area may be specific, it also could be large. If he disposed of the bodies at night, he may not be able to assist further, but the police won't give up. They probably know the boundaries but not the precise location.

I don't know if you're an Aussie, but I live a 3 minute walk from the bush in the Blue Mountains and it's very easy to get lost. There are often trees as far as the eye can see but no landmark to get your bearings. We see rescue helicopters on a regular basis in the warmer months.
I live in a heavily tree area but bush walking (not disposing of bodies) usually is on tracks, isn't it? I would never walk off the track in case of disturbing a snake or another nasty.

As with some others of you, I wasn't expecting someone like GL to be the (alleged) culprit. My guess was 2 or more younger guys, rough and tough, not too bright, maybe drunk and possibly unemployed. Who would have thought a family man and pilot?

Divorce settlement/assets, child custody and child support are quite common potential motives that we’ve seen on websleuths many times.
And even resentment over asset division after divorce. Even years later. I know a man who is still seething that he had to divide the assets with a wife years after it was all done.

If you're going camping by yourself, is it normal to take a trailer with you?
I know there are one's that have a folding canopy on them that you can sleep in but there is no indication in the Police appeals for the trailer that this is the case.

Sooo, if it was a normal trailer, is it something a hunter would take to put their deer carcasses in?
I have been into the Wonangatta Valley 4 times via the Zeka Spur track (probably the easiest way in ) and I would not consider taking a trailer in there. It is possible but it would make things difficult on some of the hair pin bends.

And even resentment over asset division after divorce. Even years later. I know a man who is still seething that he had to divide the assets with a wife years after it was all done.

Bingo! I couldn't agree with that more Jaywill.

I know more than one man including my own ex-husband who is still resentful of splitting assets many years later.

Not sure how or why, but some people are just built that way I guess, they hold on to stuff.

I am more in the camp of move on and don't be bitter, bitterness & resentment does not bring happiness in my experience

JMO

I was thinking if he has told them, the reason they haven't taken him is because of how isolated the location is. Now I'm not familiar with the area and I think it's quite a trek, but I can't imagine LE is driving in and out each day. So many it's not feasible to have a prisoner out there. That's just my thought process. Does anyone have better knowledge of the area? Would LE be camping out there and working? Or are towns near by?
I estimate it would be a 3 hour drive into the Wonangatta Valley from Sale so I would think if the search area is in or near the Wonangatta Valley they will be c amping close by. There are no towns close enough to make it worthwhile going in and out each day.

I estimate it would be a 3 hour drive into the Wonangatta Valley from Sale so I would think if the search area is in or near the Wonangatta Valley they will be c amping close by. There are no towns close enough to make it worthwhile going in and out each day.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the insight

I live in a heavily tree area but bush walking (not disposing of bodies) usually is on tracks, isn't it? I would never walk off the track in case of disturbing a snake or another nasty.

Yes, a lot of people walk on tracks but we never did. I've seen more snakes in my backyard than I ever have in the bush. We've had death adders, brown snakes and one red belly black snake, plus a lot of other critters.

He may have driven along a track and stopped at a suitable location where he could drag them a very short distance so they wouldn't be visible from the track. Alternatively he could have chosen a track that he knew was rarely travelled and dumped/buried them there.

As LE said the vegetation was thick, that suggests to me that they were dumped/buried away from the track, but by the same token he had to be able to drive there.

Last edited:
Yes, a lot of people walk on tracks but we never did. I've seen more snakes in my backyard than I ever have in the bush. We've had death adders, brown snakes and one red belly black snake, plus a lot of other critters.

He may have driven along a track and stopped at a suitable location where he could drag them a very short distance so they wouldn't be visible from the track. Alternatively he could have chosen a track that he knew was rarely travelled and dumped/buried them there. He knows the area like the back of his hand because he worked there for years as a logger.

As LE said the vegetation was thick, that suggests to me that they were dumped/buried away from the track, but by the same token he had to be able to drive there.

it wasn’t GL that worked there as a logger, that was RH

I don’t think he’d have shot the gas bottle, what would be the point? He’d have to still go and set the campsite on fire, and by then most of the gas would’ve leaked out. Don’t believe what you see in the movies. I reckon a better bet is that he turned the gas on slow inside the tent and lit a fire, hoping the leaking gas would fuel it.

I actually wonder if he got annoyed by the drone and shot it out of the air. That would’ve made Russell furious and provoked a fight.

I have a theory on what happened. RH has been flying the drone which has driven GL to despair. GL decided he would seek revenge. GL waited for the right opportunity and shot out a gas bottle on their campsite whilst they were away from the area flying the drone that subsequently caused an inferno. RC knew it was GL and approached GL in the company of CC. Arguement occurred and GL shot & killed them both. The bodies were taken away complete with phones and drone. I alos believe GL has given a no comment interview. You do not confess a crime to spend the rest of your life in a jail cell. Pilots are very good under pressure and so are SK!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100