Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we be sure this is the same Mike Toth as Sheriff Michael Toth of Mineral County?

I don't know how many private investigators in Billings there are named Mike Toth. Sheriff Mike Toth of Mineral County worked as a private investigator in Billings (population: 109,595) before being recruited as sheriff in Mineral County. That's why I'm curious to know the rules about operating a PI company while serving as sheriff. Are these two people or the same person? Is there a way to check the PI registry?

I don't know how many private investigators in Billings there are named Mike Toth. Sheriff Mike Toth of Mineral County worked as a private investigator in Billings (population: 109,595) before being recruited as sheriff in Mineral County. That's why I'm curious to know the rules about operating a PI company while serving as sheriff. Are these two people or the same person? Is there a way to check the PI registry?

Mineral County Sheriff's Office Profile: Sheriff Mike Toth | Valley Press/Mineral Independent (vp-mi.com)

I hope the admins consider the Valley Press to be main stream!

What would it take to get LE to reconsider this case? I can think of the following developments:
1. Someone (a hunter perhaps) finds an article of RB's clothing somewhere other than the Clark Fork River.
2. Someone close to DB comes forth with information to claim the $20,000 reward.
3. The 911 call is revealed and contains some suspicious elements.
4. The entrance into the case of a top notch PI or investigative reporter.

Anyone else have any ideas?

What would it take to get LE to reconsider this case? I can think of the following developments:
1. Someone (a hunter perhaps) finds an article of RB's clothing somewhere other than the Clark Fork River.
2. Someone close to DB comes forth with information to claim the $20,000 reward.
3. The 911 call is revealed and contains some suspicious elements.
4. The entrance into the case of a top notch PI or investigative reporter.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Public pressure or another incident that 'bleeds over' into this....

Well, folks, I guess we can consider Cam Collin another one of the I-90 victims. His last known location was just off the I-90 near Billings. I sure do wish a geographic profiler would look into these deaths.

5100 Pryor Rd
Google Maps

BTW, the man found dead in the Clark Fork River near Tarkio in 2020 was from Billings. Jacob Hogsett had a criminal record for a robbery in Whitefish in 2006. He was last seen heading onto the I-90. He, too, should be added to the list of unexplained disappearances along the I-90.

Missing man found dead in Clark Fork River

Would a working sheriff in Montana be required to sell or cease operating his PI firm, or put it in a blind trust while he served on the public payroll? Again, I am not familiar with your conflict of interest rules for sheriffs, or where to find this information online. If anyone can direct me to this info, much appreciated.

Would a working sheriff in Montana be required to sell or cease operating his PI firm, or put it in a blind trust while he served on the public payroll? Again, I am not familiar with your conflict of interest rules for sheriffs, or where to find this information online. If anyone can direct me to this info, much appreciated.

See my post #305.

See my post #305.

I'm sorry. Does this have a link to the code of conduct for sheriffs in Montana? Specifically, can sheriffs investigate cases privately while in office, which might overlap their public duties as sheriff? That's what I'm after. Is the present operation of a private PI firm allowed while on the public payroll? Because I would find that strange, and a potential source of liability for the county. If someone found an active PI firm linked to any sheriff presently in office, what action would ensue, assuming that this firm was operating without being at arm's length, or under new ownership, if the new owner had access to files from a past owner-sheriff that could potentially conflict with a present sheriff's duties. This is a very specific set of circumstances I'm hoping to understand.

Last edited:
In case nobody has thought of this: There are two old mining towns just east of Missoula; Coloma and Garnet.

Coloma is less of a tourist attraction than Garnet and has less people around on average from what I have read.

ETA: other places that could be searched is the area of the old Gildersleeve mine south of Superior, MT and the old ghost town of Pardee about 10 miles north of Superior. Hard to get to though.

If anybody is out there searching that sees this: most roads in that area are four wheel drive roads only most of the year, even worse in winter.
Don't go out alone if you can help it.

If anybody is out there searching, could be two places to look IMO

Last edited:
This is the listing with the Secretary of State for Elite Investigations.

Secretary of State

There is another business listed on the Elite Investigations Website

MT Executive Security

Home - MT Executive Security

although the address listed on the websites are different the Secretary of State listing for MT Executive Security shows the same address as Elite Investigations and Michael W Toth as Registered Agent.

Secretary of State

If the biz.sosmt.gov links don't automatically populate the business info, type the business name in the search bar and you will be able to see what I mean. I believe Mike Toth is still associated with both.

Here is a screenshot of Elite Investigations info on the secretary of state website

upload_2021-11-26_6-17-45.png

Here is a screen shot of the Secretary of State website for MT Executive Security

upload_2021-11-26_6-18-55.png

Notice they both list the same mailing address.

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-26_6-16-25.png
    upload_2021-11-26_6-16-25.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 3
What I find disturbing and ironic is: he is or was a PI that worked with Sheriffs and psychics. But as a Sheriff in Rebekah's case he refuses to work with either.

This is the listing with the Secretary of State for Elite Investigations.

Secretary of State

There is another business listed on the Elite Investigations Website

MT Executive Security

Home - MT Executive Security

although the address listed on the websites are different the Secretary of State listing for MT Executive Security shows the same address as Elite Investigations and Michael W Toth as Registered Agent.

Secretary of State

If the biz.sosmt.gov links don't automatically populate the business info, type the business name in the search bar and you will be able to see what I mean. I believe Mike Toth is still associated with both.

Thanks @laurawlms and other's addressing this issue. My eyes getting bigger and bigger reading about it. I think it's absolutely ridiculous having a combination of jobs like this as a Sheriff/LE representative. In the Netherlands this would be absolutely unimaginable and this person's integrity would seriously be questioned. Even stronger......everybody working for the government or related to has to declare in writing what other jobs (paid or non-paid) they have and management will look into them. If they have the slightest idea there are possible conflicting interests (or even if there could be a tiny chance the public could get that impression), the other job has to go. For some positions, by law, all other activities have to be in the public domain/published, even if there are no conflicting interests. Of course, there will always be issues that raise eyebrows, but it's a big thing in our country. Totally not done.

Also wanted to add that in my world it's very strange there are seemingly no rules applied to employees of a professional elderly service about what and how can be communicated on social media as a professional. If this would happen here they would probably been laid off immediately. Just to say......not to mention the "caretaker" handing over personal stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member