GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

10:06CARL EVE
Members of the national and local media are attending the court hearing
Crime Reporter Carl Eve is currently at Plymouth Magistrates' Court to cover the hearing.

Only three reporters have been allowed into court 1 for the case. Covid restrictions are still in place and so a number of other journalists have been invited to attend another court room where the case will be shown on a wall mounted screen.

It is understood around another 15 reporters will be viewing the case from a separate court room

10:07CARL EVE
Family of Bobbi-Anne have entered the court
Case has now been called on. Cody Ackland is being brought up from the cells.

10:08KEY EVENT
Case has been called on
Cody Ackland is coming up the stairs to Magistrates Court No 1.

10:16KATIE TIMMS
Ackland confirms name and address to Magistrates'
Ackland, wearing a grey tracksuit and a blue face mask, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address during the short hearing.

10:16CARL EVE
Clerk reads out the charge of murder of Bobbi-Anne
Defendant confirmed his full name of Cody James Ackland, his age of 24 and his address of Radcliffe Close, Southway.

The clerk noted that Ackland was charged with the murder of Bobbi-Anne McLeod between November 20 and 23.

Prosecutor Gareth Warden explained that the charge was indictable only and thus the case would go straight to Crown Court.

10:21KEY EVENT
Ackland has been remanded into custody to face a judge on Monday
In a hearing which lasted less then two minutes, Cody Ackland has appeared before magistrates charged with the murder of Bobbi-Anne Mcleod.

The count that between November 20 and November 23 that he murdered Bobbi-Anne Mcleod was read to him by the clerk of the court.

Prosecutor Gareth Warden said the case could only be heard at Plymouth Crown Court and the JPs had no power to grant bail.

He added that Ackland had to be remanded into custody to appear before Resident Judge Robert Linford on Monday.

Ackland, wearing a mask and grey prison uniform, spoke only to confirm his date of birth and adddress. He was represented by city solicitor Tracey Baker.

Chair of the bench Louise Ferris told him: "You will attend your preliminary hearing at Plymouth Crown Court on Monday morning and you will be remanded into custody until that date."

10:24CARL EVE
No application for bail has been made
Prosecutor Gareth Warden said that the case would next be heard on Monday November 29.

He explained to the court the custody time limit would expire on May 27, 2022.

Defence solicitor Tracey Baker said there was no application for bail.

Chair of the magistrates' Mrs Louise Ferris told Ackland he would be remanded into custody until that time.

Ackland was turned and taken down the steps but not before there was a loud outburst from the public gallery. Ackland made no reaction to the outburst.

The case was concluded and the magistrates left court room 1. Those who had attended the hearing in the public gallery - believed to be the family of 18-year-old Bobbi-Anne left the court, many of them in tears. The gentleman who made the outburst was supported by two of the group and was led sobbing from the courtroom.

10:27CARL EVE
The next court hearing may be moved to Truro Crown Court for Monday.
Court staff believe the next hearing of Ackland may not be heard at Plymouth Crown Court. It is likely that the short hearing will take place at Truro Crown Court as the appropritely qualified judge for murder cases is sitting in Truro on Monday.

However, it is likely any trial would eventually be brought back to Plymouth to be heard.

10:29CARL EVE
Cody James Ackland made no reaction during the hearing
As Ackland was brought up the stairs he briefly looked towards the public gallery. During the hearing he stared straight ahead and spoke in a clear voice.

Man appears in court charged with Bobbi-Anne's murder

Man, 24, is charged with murdering 18-year-old Bobbi-Anne McLeod | Daily Mail Online

Social media pictures of Ackland show him downing pints between songs and appearing to revel in the image of a booze filled rocker.

An associate of Ackland's told MailOnline: 'He's a good-looking lad and fancies himself as a bit of a lad.

'It's hard to believe that Cody is involved in something like this.'

Josh Greenless, lead singer of Rakuda told MailOnline: 'The first I heard about this was when police started searching Cody's house. He's a big part of our band and it's all a bit shocking.'

He's a really good looking guy. For the first time in one of these instances I'm actually really shocked. I know you realistically can't base anything off of looks, but even the fact he's in a band and seems maybe "known" to the area(?) is actually crazy.

I guess a few things could have happened. Maybe he knew Bobbi/was stalking her and waiting for her around the area or got some info about her/what she was doing somehow. Maybe he asked her out/for her number before and she rejected him because she had a bf. Maybe he saw her while driving past, wanted to have sex with her, she turned him down and he forced/raped her then panicked and killed her. Maybe it was all completely random. There are so many possibilities but I'm sure we'll find out. Still terrible regardless of what/how it all happened.

He's a really good looking guy. For the first time in one of these instances I'm actually really shocked. I know you realistically can't base anything off of looks, but even the fact he's in a band and seems maybe "known" to the area(?) is actually crazy.

I know what you mean. He doesn’t really seem to fit the ‘stereotype’, at all. I was shocked by his photos on his Instagram. Especially because this is supposedly a stranger murder and they didn’t know each other.
I feel like his looks and no doubt his lad-y confidence may have made Bobbi feel safer than she would have had he looked a bit more ‘strange’. Poor girl :(

I guess a few things could have happened. Maybe he knew Bobbi/was stalking her and waiting for her around the area or got some info about her/what she was doing somehow. Maybe he asked her out/for her number before and she rejected him because she had a bf. Maybe he saw her while driving past, wanted to have sex with her, she turned him down and he forced/raped her then panicked and killed her. Maybe it was all completely random. There are so many possibilities but I'm sure we'll find out. Still terrible regardless of what/how it all happened.

My thoughts too. Being in a band would guarantee he wouldn't be short of female attention. I don't know if she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and he was just driving by. But what possessed him, who knows. But he has certainly ruined the next few decades of his life.

I know what you mean. He doesn’t really seem to fit the ‘stereotype’, at all. I was shocked by his photos on his Instagram. Especially because this is supposedly a stranger murder and they didn’t know each other.
I feel like his looks and no doubt his lad-y confidence may have made Bobbi feel safer than she would have had he looked a bit more ‘strange’. Poor girl :(
Yep, you're definitely right. I still feel like there could be something underlying to this, rather than a straight up random murder. Whether it'll be uncovered if there is; is another thing.

But it's definitely looking like she was taken by force, since her belongings were still at the bus stop (unless they were planted there or something).

Personally I think this will be similar to other cases where a guy goes looking for a victim. Or maybe he didn't necessarily go out looking to kill but saw her and took the opportunity.

Looks have nothing to do with anything. Neither does how successful a guy is or isn't with women.

Hmmm...interesting.
Looks nothing like what i'd imagine him to look like. As someone else said, I know how people look shouldn't really be an important factor, but based on my experience, it can often give good clues. (in the same way I was more concerned for this girl when her disappearance first hit my facebook due not only to the fact she didn't seem to have any prios but that she was clearly pretty)

So this guy looks like a good looking chap and in a band. Unless he is super super weird, he won't struggle with girls.

Do we know if it was a rape? I remember the headline talking about search for a sex attacker etc but can't remember if any details about what actually happened to her were released? If not, I wonder if there was some history between them and he had to silence her

Need more info. Ordinarily i'd assume strange guy sees a pretty young girl at the bus stop and rapes her. Then panics and kills her

Hmmm...interesting.
Looks nothing like what i'd imagine him to look like. As someone else said, I know how people look shouldn't really be an important factor, but based on my experience, it can often give good clues. (in the same way I was more concerned for this girl when her disappearance first hit my facebook due not only to the fact she didn't seem to have any prios but that she was clearly pretty)

So this guy looks like a good looking chap and in a band. Unless he is super super weird, he won't struggle with girls.

Do we know if it was a rape? I remember the headline talking about search for a sex attacker etc but can't remember if any details about what actually happened to her were released? If not, I wonder if there was some history between them and he had to silence her

Need more info. Ordinarily i'd assume strange guy sees a pretty young girl at the bus stop and rapes her. Then panics and kills her

Men don't kill and rape because they struggle to get girls. Good looking guys can have sick desires to harm women too.

Men don't kill and rape because they struggle to get girls.
many certainly do. Read about the 'incel movement' and some of the cases linked too it. Angry men who think they are incapable of attracting women and resort to rape. It seems to be on the rise in fact!

And yes, of course good looking guys can have sick desires to harm women

Personally I think this will be similar to other cases where a guy goes looking for a victim. Or maybe he didn't necessarily go out looking to kill but saw her and took the opportunity.

Looks have nothing to do with anything. Neither does how successful a guy is or isn't with women.

I think, based on timings, it was opportunistic rather than searching for someone

Men don't kill and rape because they struggle to get girls. Good looking guys can have sick desires to harm women too.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but it could have been played out very differently (probably to his advantage) if this is something he'd wanted to do to a girl. A random girl, at 6pm at a bus stop doesn't seem very ideal to me. If he'd wanted to be clever about it I feel as though it would have been planned out better/more, just like Wayne did.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it could have been played out very differently (probably to his advantage) if this is something he'd wanted to do to a girl. A random girl, at 6pm at a bus stop doesn't seem very ideal to me. If he'd wanted to be clever about it I feel as though it would have been planned out better/more, just like Wayne did.

I just think it's most likely that he was driving by and she took his fancy and he took the opportunity.
A lot of criminals are stupid and don't plan things out well.

I think, based on timings, it was opportunistic rather than searching for someone

Yes, thinking about the timings I agree.

Last edited:
I don’t think this was done to silence her, if he wanted to silence her he could have just waited in the underpass between her home and the bus stop if he wanted, much easier and less busy place to commit a murder/assault

I suspect it was just random, young good looking guy driving past and sees good looking girl at bus stop, pulls over, strikes up conversation, offers her a lift to where she going, she gets in, rest is history

What doesn’t add up is her being attacked, bundled into a car at the bus stop, she would have screamed her lungs out, probably resisted, in a city there would have been many cars driving by

I wonder if he was in a fake police uniform/had fake warrant card, they are all over the place on Amazon and eBay

Pulls over in car, flashes badge, tells her it not safe as there is a violent person on loose in the area, tells her to get into car and he will take her to where she wants, and she does

What doesn’t add up is her being attacked, bundled into a car at the bus stop, she would have screamed her lungs out, probably resisted, in a city there would have been many cars driving by

I wonder if he was in a fake police uniform/had fake warrant card, they are all over the place on Amazon and eBay

Pulls over in car, flashes badge, tells her it not safe as there is a violent person on loose in the area, tells her to get into car and he will take her to where she wants, and she does
If you look on google maps it looks a pretty quiet road, there are loads of family homes surrounding it, also at 6pm when it's dark there are probably not loads of people paying attention/can hardly see anything that's going on unless they stopped for a while.

And tbh with you I really doubt that after Sarah's case that anybody is gonna get into a random car willingly. The fact that her belongings were left there does suggest she was quickly forced into a car right there and then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back