UT UT - Rick Morris, 32, Tooele, “critically low blood sugar levels”, 25 Jun 2021 *endangered* *Reward*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Reward offered in ongoing search for missing Tooele man

Rick Morris, 32, was last seen on June 25 at about 1:55 a.m. at his home near 780 W 700 S in Tooele. The Type 1 diabetic had reported “critically low blood sugar levels” before he went missing. His family got him to eat a sandwich, but he disappeared — without insulin — before they could recheck his blood sugar.

Nearly four months after he disappeared, his family is asking residents near Middle Canyon in Tooele — one of Morris’ favorite places to go — to check inside sheds, under tarps or inside old cars for any sign of him.

On Saturday, the Destiny Search Project is hosting a search effort for Morris between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Volunteers can meet at a Latter-day Saints meetinghouse in Tooele, located at 1030 S 900 W.

Rick Morris is described as about 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing about 150 to 170 pounds. He has hazel eyes, dark brown hair, a beard and a mustache.

GV72RG4HXZCMJDI32FXJBPKO3U.jpg

Pointing at this comment about his diabetic situation on the night he went missing at the "Find Rick Morris" FB:

Also I know I read in the OP that they last saw him at 1:55 AM, but for some reason that time just didn't strike me like it does now. Out into the dark with a possible medical problem at that time of night is a extra scary thought. Where can you be Rick?

Oh dear. It’s been a long time for someone with such critical medical needs. It sounds as though the community are doing their best to support Rick’s mum and family and to keep people alert to him remaining missing.

The letters ‘from’ Rick on the ‘Find Rick Morris’ Facebook page are some of the most moving things I have ever read. The family are very active online and even post information of other missing people. Rick and his family seem to be a very kind and loving family.

I’m thousands of miles away and unable to help in the search, but I will include him and his family in my prayers. I hope they find Rick soon.

Pointing at this comment about his diabetic situation on the night he went missing at the "Find Rick Morris" FB:

Also I know I read in the OP that they last saw him at 1:55 AM, but for some reason that time just didn't strike me like it does now. Out into the dark with a possible medical problem at that time of night is a extra scary thought. Where can you be Rick?

It was a Friday night. Maybe his family had been out, or they heard him wandering around?

There’s several comments on the Facebook page explaining how hard they’re finding searching for him as it’s usually just ‘2/6 people, family members searching at a time.’ They say they stopped publicising group searches as very few people ever turned up. They’ve had some help, but nothing in comparison with cases such as Jason Landry, who’s had something like 6 major searches.

People raise the difference between the resources offered to search for black people as opposed to white people, especially attractive white women. But there’s clearly a discrepancy beyond race and gender. It’s very sad that the family have received so little help with searches. Has anyone any ideas as to who might be able to help with a really thorough search?

It seems extremely unlikely that he’s gone to start a new life somewhere else. He left in an extremely vulnerable state and is likely to have been quite confused. It’s most likely IMOO that he went into a diabetic coma somewhere and needs people to find him.

I have read his sister's posts and she is still so despondent. She is on a crusade to find him. He had very low blood sugar and they gave him a sandwich hoping to bring it up. When they went to check on him to see if his levels had come up, he was gone. They don't know if he left confused because of his low blood sugar, or if he left and the exercise of walking made him low again. Sounds like there was some drama at home and he may have left because of depression. Either way, with his low blood sugar, he wouldn't have made it far on his own. He left his phone at home. So very sad!

TOOELE, Utah (ABC4) – A new police flyer is reminding people that Rick Morris is still missing.

It’s a new approach from police and his family to find Morris. He left his home early one morning last summer and disappeared.

“We’re going to find him,” said his sister, Mariah Morris. “He deserves to be found. He was an amazing brother, a great person.”

More at Missing in Utah: A new effort to find Rick Morris

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back