Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people upthread are saying the driveway isn't steep enough for a bike accident, what about the second section of the driveway leading to the garage under house, that could be a steeper section

I think that it is steep enough for a three year old on a bike, especially without a helmet.

I've not been part of this discussion but, in general on WS, you can certainly express opinions or speculate about evidence, timelines, what police mean in their statements, and so forth.

With regards to individuals, ie actual living humans who are out there in the world living their own lives, there are two important rules: Firstly, you can't suggest that someone, who hasn't been named as a suspect by LE, is or should be a suspect. It's not our job to point fingers at people who police haven't named or dropped heavy hints about. If the police are dropping hints, I tend to drop hints too, rather than outright accuse.

The other important rule concerns victims. The family of victims are also victims, they are deeply suffering, so it is especially not allowed to start online harassment by accusing them. It doesn't mean you have to swear they are not involved, it just means you don't go there unless LE go there first.

There are things you can post about if you believe a family member might be involved in a case: you can analyse other theories for holes, you can try to construct the exact timeline, and so on. But I think it's important to remember no-one on the internet really know who has or hasn't committed a crime, and I usually just sit on my hands and wait for developments.

JMO
And if you think you have it on something, no matter how small, report it to Crimestoppers! Might just be the piece that LE are looking for.

BBM. Thats sad. Complete power imbalance hey (even if the right decision was made here).

William's mum was still showing up for regular visitation and functioning enough to care for her younger children so i doubt their situation was anywhere like the above.

Exactly. They should have had decent foster carers AND been on the path to go home, or already home. Imo. I hope I wasn't off topic earlier. I really do get angry about the system in various ways. The advocate who pushed for his foster kid status to be released to the public is amazing imo.

EXCLUSIVE: Bombshell court ruling allows revelation missing William Tyrrell a foster child

I think that it is steep enough for a three year old on a bike, especially without a helmet.
Im so interested about the helmet as the fosters hav photos of WT riding bike without a helmet, I can't help but wonder what are the rules with children or foster children i know everyone needs one on a road but what about path or drive way, im almost 100% curtain an adult has to wear a helmet on a public foot path, there are photos of the bikes at FGM with helmet hanging off the handle bars, but I wonder with the foster mother claiming it was an issue with getting dresses and the singlet, no shoes on in the photo, a history of no helmet wearing from previous photo of WT riding on what looked like a foot path, could it be an issue for him to wear a helmet and possibly hoped on the bike without one

Im so interested about the helmet as the fosters hav photos of WT riding bike without a helmet, I can't help but wonder what are the rules with children or foster children i know everyone needs one on a road but what about path or drive way, im almost 100% curtain an adult has to wear a helmet on a public foot path, there are photos of the bikes at FGM with helmet hanging off the handle bars, but I wonder with the foster mother claiming it was an issue with getting dresses and the singlet, no shoes on in the photo, a history of no helmet wearing from previous photo of WT riding on what looked like a foot path, could it be an issue for him to wear a helmet and possibly hoped on the bike without one

To be fair, I think it's unusual to put a helmet on a child when they are just riding around supervised, and very unlikely in a garden. Yes that means he could have potentially fallen off the bike and hit his head causing a bad enough injury to have died. Helmets there don't necessarily mean he put one on that morning.

Sorry to quote myself, but if MFC got home before FM took the car to look for William, wouldn't he have parked FGMs car in? Therefore it would have been impossible for her to take that car, therefore this must have happened before he got home IMO.

If she has changed her story between telling the police on the 18th and the inquest then perhaps that is another inconsistency?
What if she went it the family car ? ( don’t believe the police that but just wondering )

Can I ask where this 'no helmet' thing is coming from.

AFAIK there has not been any media publication, or inquest details, that have stated that William was riding his bike in the driveway sans helmet.
I was not saying that he wasn't wearing a helmet, I meant that the driveway was steep enough for a three year old if he was not wearing a helmet.
There is a vid of him on his bike on the road with him without a helmet. Just a few pages back.

I was not saying that he wasn't wearing a helmet, I meant that the driveway was steep enough for a three year old if he was not wearing a helmet.
There is a vid of him on his bike on the road with him without a helmet. Just a few pages back.

Yes, I have seen the video. I have also seen a pic of the bikes with helmets hanging from them at FGM's house, and posted it here.
So, I don't think that anything can really be presumed about that day's particular circumstances. imo

He was waiting for his foster father to drive along Benaroon Drive

William Tyrrell’s foster dad details his frantic search for toddler

What has always bothered me was waiting from the father to arrive

Every family is different but isn't the front yard/the street/the drive way the worst spot for a small child when someone is about to pull up in a car, especially if the child is unsupervised

Not suggesting he was hit by the foster father im just suggesting I wouldn't hav a 3yr old wandering around when im expecting someone to pull up, every family is different and every one has different standards of supervision but there was clearly no supervision with everyone on the back porch

I don't get the cuppa tea story, as the tea was already made and started to be drunk before WT wandered off, I can understand if it was stated we were drinking tea so we didn't follow WT but no need to be said about the foster mother going inside to make a tea, its been repeated so may times, I don't see how any aspect of the tea is in anyway important unless its the aspect of we hav a freshly made tea so we are not going to get up as we are now sitting to drink tea

Its illegal to be riding on the road without a helmet, every state is divided but I know you can get a find from the police, I wonder with foster children or even your own children what are the laws about helmet wearing, or is it only adults/teenagers who are required by law to wear a helmet

Exactly. They should have had decent foster carers AND been on the path to go home, or already home. Imo. I hope I wasn't off topic earlier. I really do get angry about the system in various ways. The advocate who pushed for his foster kid status to be released to the public is amazing imo.

EXCLUSIVE: Bombshell court ruling allows revelation missing William Tyrrell a foster child

Agree 100%, Allanna is amazing plus she was a foster child herself and experienced abuse in care. Super important to listen to voices like hers. I feel like we buy into the "rich white savier foster carer" narriative and the average person is naive to the level of abuse and trauma that happens there.

I'm searching for day of media to see where it was parked ..
It would be very useful to have photos or video showing some useful details that we can all scrutinize.
Some time ago, I seem to remember seeing a large bag full of garden rubbish which existed near the high balcony side of the house.
Would be useful to clarify if that bag was there; JMO....if that the bag was there, initially, it could have contained the body of William / then transferred elsewhere at a later time.

Playing safely - Children - Staying safe - NSW Centre for Road Safety

For safe play, children should always be supervised by an adult. Make sure children are in a safe place to play, such as a backyard, fenced park or recreational area. Children can dart into traffic quickly when distracted by games they are playing. Roads, carparks, footpaths and driveways are never safe places to play

It would be very useful to have photos or video showing some useful details that we can all scrutinize.
Some time ago, I seem to remember seeing a large bag full of garden rubbish which existed near the high balcony side of the house.
Would be useful to clarify if that bag was there; JMO....if that the bag was there, initially, it could have contained the body of William / then transferred elsewhere at a later time.

I don't recall a large bag of rubbish. I do recall the pile of raked-up leaf debris sitting next to the unpaved driveway (nearish the road) that led to the underhouse garage.

No. It is possible that she did apply, and was refused. Probably we would have presumed that, as a grandparent, she would have been granted kinship care ... so she didn't apply (or did not fit the criteria). Twice.

imo

Yes, I have seen the video. I have also seen a pic of the bikes with helmets hanging from them at FGM's house, and posted it here.
So, I don't think that anything can really be presumed about that day's particular circumstances. imo

It hasn't been reported about BGM applying or being refused Kinship care, so we shouldn't presume on that aspect either. Unless you have a link that says otherwise.

How is it different that it's presumed about Kinship care, but can't be presumed that William may not have had a helmet on that day, when there is a video clearly showing him riding his bike without one IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr