I-70 SERIAL KILLER profile, MO/IN/KS/TX, 1990's

Last edited:
Does anyone know what handed twist and how many
valleys & lands a barrel of an Erma Werke ET-22 has?
Also, in this picture;
Code:
[URL]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/proxy.php?image=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/da/I-70sketches.png/466px-I-70sketches.png&hash=9d7a7ed2b418b08e1aadb7420f3c2aba[/URL]
does anyone know which particular (date/location) crime
that only the first from left & only the second from left
face sketches are linked to?

Does anyone know what handed twist and how many
valleys & lands a barrel of an Erma Werke ET-22 has?
Also, in this picture;

SBM
does anyone know which particular (date/location) crime
that only the first from left & only the second from left
face sketches are linked to?
not sure what sketches you're looking at -- there were 3 witnesses AFAIK. (guessing that's where the 3 sketches are from) I've seen one more than the others, so assuming it was deemed a better sighting. There is a 'composite' drawing, assuming it is from those 3 sketches.

IIRC, this became known as a spree/serial killer fairly quickly. It looks like it started in Indiana, went west and returned to Indiana. I hope the first (known) murder was thoroughly inspected as 'personal' or known to the victim.

Did he strike again? I-70 killer could be linked to unsolved Terre Haute murder

Does not look like the same weapon. A decade had passed. Prior weapon possibly jammed (If TX case was related)

I honestly feel like this is him especially if this ended up in a bullet to the back of the head. i've watched the video a million times. envision the descriptions of the other killings while watching it. 10 year gap? peep the wedding ring. i always wondered about the male victim and how that actually came about. i really dont believe he thought it was a woman and felt like that murder was very peculiar considering the others. this would indicate it might not have been a gender thing if this was him.

Attachments

• I 70 suspect wedding ring.jpg
    I 70 suspect wedding ring.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 24
I think the person who killed Billy Brossman is also the i-70 killer, same MO and same motive. This article from Channel 4 news Missouri that I quote below says police have a possible identity for him from people who rang in tips when they reissued the CCTV images of Brossman's killer. Allegedly he worked for a department store doing refits hence using the i-70 to travel between them.

"A decade after the I-70 killer appeared to stop, a man was killed the same way in one of the towns he struck in. Now, police think they could be connected.

Police remembered the I-70 killer from a decade before, who killed for the thrill of killing. They compared the surveillance video to the I-70 composite sketch. The similarities were remarkable.
Besides matching the composite, the surveillance tape gave detectives other clues: they noticed the killer appeared to be wearing a wedding ring. And if you listen closely, you can hear the two men speaking on the tape. But fingerprints on the beer and cash register were too small to trace. When the surveillance tape was shown in the media, tips came in. Police had leads. But they had no clue it might blossom into the I-70 killer.

They had a name. With a possible ID, Investigators kept digging. Two people, claiming they knew the suspect, both said they were nearly certain who it was. Police later found other friends of the suspect who agreed with the earlier pair. But the tips alone were not enough. They tracked the suspect down and found him living in Missouri. He told police he worked for a large department store and traveled the country doing remodeling jobs for them.

Had he ever been to Terre Haute, police asked?

Yes, the suspect said. Sometime in 2001.

Police had their suspect. Detectives from Terre Haute met with detectives from the other I-70 cities to compare notes. But they never had enough to move forward. Years would go by. They would meet with the suspect again, this time getting a DNA sample. But they could not get a match. News 4 has learned that arrest warrants were applied for in the Brossman homicide. But authorities felt there wasn't enough evidence to move forward. But they are not giving up."
Taken from the Channel 4 news website
Unsolved 2001 homicide leads investigators working on I-70 serial killer case to Missouri man

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-3_2-38-15.png
    upload_2022-1-3_2-38-15.png
    73 bytes · Views: 3
So few comments for such a high profile case. Somehow this case got put into an unrelated subforum within a subforum. Two things I can almost guarantee, he was neither neal falls nor a long haul trucker.

I think the person who killed Billy Brossman is also the i-70 killer, same MO and same motive. This article from Channel 4 news Missouri that I quote below says police have a possible identity for him from people who rang in tips when they reissued the CCTV images of Brossman's killer. Allegedly he worked for a department store doing refits hence using the i-70 to travel between them.

"A decade after the I-70 killer appeared to stop, a man was killed the same way in one of the towns he struck in. Now, police think they could be connected.

Police remembered the I-70 killer from a decade before, who killed for the thrill of killing. They compared the surveillance video to the I-70 composite sketch. The similarities were remarkable.
Besides matching the composite, the surveillance tape gave detectives other clues: they noticed the killer appeared to be wearing a wedding ring. And if you listen closely, you can hear the two men speaking on the tape. But fingerprints on the beer and cash register were too small to trace. When the surveillance tape was shown in the media, tips came in. Police had leads. But they had no clue it might blossom into the I-70 killer.

They had a name. With a possible ID, Investigators kept digging. Two people, claiming they knew the suspect, both said they were nearly certain who it was. Police later found other friends of the suspect who agreed with the earlier pair. But the tips alone were not enough. They tracked the suspect down and found him living in Missouri. He told police he worked for a large department store and traveled the country doing remodeling jobs for them.

Had he ever been to Terre Haute, police asked?

Yes, the suspect said. Sometime in 2001.

Police had their suspect. Detectives from Terre Haute met with detectives from the other I-70 cities to compare notes. But they never had enough to move forward. Years would go by. They would meet with the suspect again, this time getting a DNA sample. But they could not get a match. News 4 has learned that arrest warrants were applied for in the Brossman homicide. But authorities felt there wasn't enough evidence to move forward. But they are not giving up."
Taken from the Channel 4 news website
Unsolved 2001 homicide leads investigators working on I-70 serial killer case to Missouri man

Very frustrating. LE thinks they've identified him, but still can't connect him to the murder of Brossman.

The Golden State Killer stopped killing for a while, then began again several years later. Marriage, family commitments, etc. seems to sometimes cause them to stop for a while.

BTK also stopped killing women for long periods of time before starting again.

Hopefully, LE can find some other evidence from the older cases that match his DNA.

So few comments for such a high profile case. Somehow this case got put into an unrelated subforum within a subforum. Two things I can almost guarantee, he was neither neal falls nor a long haul trucker.
I agree this should be in another thread. The task force is providing updates on their investigations. They have updates weekly.

Has anyone asked a Mod to move it to the Serial Killer section? That might be a better fit.
Thank you for the alert. The thread has been moved to the 'Serial Killer' discussion board.

Case has bothered me for years.

Suspect pops up in random areas, targets mainly female clerks who are alone, shoots them with a small caliber firearm, robs them then flees

He doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time at the scene , no sexual assault , all the victims are shot in the back of the head , after the murders he usually takes whatever money he can get then leaves

The sophistication level he demonstrates is very minimum

Theres some interesting traits in his behavior,

His choice of victim is telling.

Most of the victims were lone petite females (Brunettes) working in stores not far from a highway. Experts believe the male victim most likely caught him off guard , as he expected a woman to be in the store, in one case, there were 2 female victims that the suspect tied up then shot .

So we try to look at this aspect through the killers eyes ... Why would he target this SPECIFIC type of victim?

His behavior is indicative of a problem he has with women, as cold as his murders are, they also betray a good deal of cowardice , possibly a fear of women,

Remember victims espeially those of a serial criminal, often represent someone, or something , to the offender , it could be a general hatred toward women, but id feel there would be a larger disparity in the victims , not just petite brunettes working alone , If it were global hatred , youd see women being killed left and right as literally any female would do ....

But thrers a focus to his crimes and a specific prey item/ situation he looks for .

Outward hes pretty subdued, not the type to physically confront a male , or even a female. Someone could slap him in the face and hed probably do nothing , he may follow you home and destroy your property etc... but hes not going to fight , hes too much of a coward for that
he is so inept, when a male walks in to a store where he had just murdered 2 victims, the killer ordered the male to the back of the store, where he most certainly would've killed him, but when the customer refused, he allowed the male to leave.

He most likely obtains victim compliance, through ruse, IE promising not to harm them if they do what he says .

This is furthered, by the fact he shoots the victims in the back of the head as he doesn't even have to guts to look them in the face , this is also why you never turn your back on a gunman, no matter what they tell you , you look them right in the face.

Faceless victims are much easier to kill.

Next we have the glaring lack of sexual assault , which is also telling, and usually thats because they cant , theres often some type of sexual dysfunction found in these types , which can sometimes, be a motivator for killing itself .

The time of day he chooses to strike is interesting as well, all of his attacks were committed during late afternoon, to early evening , when there are a lot of people around, which seems to indicate he feels safer blending in with the general public, he wants to do what he wants to do and just fade into the crowd.

This is about the only risk he really takes

What little money he takes from the victims after , can most likely be attributed to trophy taking rather than robbery , but he doesn't dare take something that will get him caught , which also betrays his fears.

He may consider himself a sort of "assassin" of those women who spurned, or scorned him, this macho image exists only in his mind, outward, hes the complete opposite .

Killing the victims execution style furthers my feeling on this.

He will follow his crimes in the media however , he may even follow them here, that gives this him an identity a sense of being.

In this life of his which was disaster after disaster, after failed relationship after pathetic failed relationship, attaining a moniker , is about the only thing hes ever achieved, and is something hell wear like a badge, but privately.

Even the choice of firearm, a .22 caliber pistol, which in some cases, seemed to be a target pistol, in others, it was a sub machine gun replica , but always in .22 which is a common caliber used by contract killers , may indicate he identifies as some type of professional killer, but the odd style of weapon he uses, indicates he may feel some type of "relationship" if you will to the weapon itself.

Its like his "Billy Baroo" (for those of you who have seen the movie Caddy shack)

As evident by his mobility, he most likely works (worked) a job that allows, him access to the roadways , such as a truck driver, courier or something similar despite his mobility , these types however usually start close to home, so his first known murders, should be scrutinized .

The timeline in this case, is also interesting wherein the first 6 murders take place almost within a little over a month almost spree like, (hes suspected in 3 others I believe, one was only blocks from one of his known murders and it had a similar MO)

Thre would've been an initial triggering event that pushed past the fantasy point, his decision to murder these victims, whether or not it was recurring , or it was a single event (more likely), remains to be seen, but should be made public knowledge, in the event someone can put the pieces together and tip off police .

By Bob Cyphers
Updated: Mar. 1, 2022 rbbm
NEWS 4 EXCLUSIVE: Possible lone survivor of I-70 serial killer speaks out after 30 years (kmov.com)
''At 10 a.m., working alone, Webb opened her Alternatives Gift Shop, a small little store in the Rice Village shopping district near Rice University. It was less than a mile south of Interstate 69 in Houston. One of her first customers that morning was a short man with long, shaggy blonde hair. Webb recalls him wearing a beige, old time cardigan sweater. He walked bow-legged. He spent a few minutes just looking around.

“A short guy,” Webb said. “Maybe around 5-feet-8. He was thin. Very gaunt. Very skinny. I will always say he looked like a jockey. He walked into the store and really just started talking.”

Now, 30 years later, Webb can still see him in her dreams.''

''I would guess he was in his mid-30′s. He was very tanned and had a very leathery or weathered look. A worn-down look. I still keep thinking, ‘he has to have worked somewhere outside.’”

“All I could see was his feet. He had on brown cowboy roper boots.”

“He jumped back over me. He pulled my legs down. I was now lying flat. He took my trousers off, which I did not remember. But I was not raped.”
“He put the gun back to my forehead and pulled the trigger.”
''Then he just laughed. He is a very sick man.”

By Bob Cyphers
NEWS 4 EXCLUSIVE: Possible lone survivor of I-70 serial killer speaks out after 30 years (kmov.com)
''At 10 a.m., working alone, Webb opened her Alternatives Gift Shop, a small little store in the Rice Village shopping district near Rice University. It was less than a mile south of Interstate 69 in Houston. One of her first customers that morning was a short man with long, shaggy blonde hair. Webb recalls him wearing a beige, old time cardigan sweater. He walked bow-legged. He spent a few minutes just looking around.

“A short guy,” Webb said. “Maybe around 5-feet-8. He was thin. Very gaunt. Very skinny. I will always say he looked like a jockey. He walked into the store and really just started talking.”

''I would guess he was in his mid-30′s. He was very tanned and had a very leathery or weathered look. A worn-down look. I still keep thinking, ‘he has to have worked somewhere outside.’”

“He jumped back over me. He pulled my legs down. I was now lying flat. He took my trousers off, which I did not remember. But I was not raped.”

Interesting, so glad she's doing well. She said the composite sketch looks like him. She also added he wore cowboy boots and had tanned skin, like he spent a lot of time outdoors.

By Bob Cyphers

If it is the same individual, its important to note the lack of sexual assault , but the individual in this case, did remove the witnesses pants, which like the I70 suspect, is indicative of a sexual motive , without the ability to rape a victim .

Case has bothered me for years.

Suspect pops up in random areas, targets mainly female clerks who are alone, shoots them with a small caliber firearm, robs them then flees

He doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time at the scene , no sexual assault , all the victims are shot in the back of the head , after the murders he usually takes whatever money he can get then leaves

The sophistication level he demonstrates is very minimum

Theres some interesting traits in his behavior,

His choice of victim is telling.

Most of the victims were lone petite females (Brunettes) working in stores not far from a highway. Experts believe the male victim most likely caught him off guard , as he expected a woman to be in the store, in one case, there were 2 female victims that the suspect tied up then shot .

So we try to look at this aspect through the killers eyes ... Why would he target this SPECIFIC type of victim?

His behavior is indicative of a problem he has with women, as cold as his murders are, they also betray a good deal of cowardice , possibly a fear of women,

Remember victims espeially those of a serial criminal, often represent someone, or something , to the offender , it could be a general hatred toward women, but id feel there would be a larger disparity in the victims , not just petite brunettes working alone , If it were global hatred , youd see women being killed left and right as literally any female would do ....

But thrers a focus to his crimes and a specific prey item/ situation he looks for .

Outward hes pretty subdued, not the type to physically confront a male , or even a female. Someone could slap him in the face and hed probably do nothing , he may follow you home and destroy your property etc... but hes not going to fight , hes too much of a coward for that
he is so inept, when a male walks in to a store where he had just murdered 2 victims, the killer ordered the male to the back of the store, where he most certainly would've killed him, but when the customer refused, he allowed the male to leave.

He most likely obtains victim compliance, through ruse, IE promising not to harm them if they do what he says .

This is furthered, by the fact he shoots the victims in the back of the head as he doesn't even have to guts to look them in the face , this is also why you never turn your back on a gunman, no matter what they tell you , you look them right in the face.

Faceless victims are much easier to kill.

Next we have the glaring lack of sexual assault , which is also telling, and usually thats because they cant , theres often some type of sexual dysfunction found in these types , which can sometimes, be a motivator for killing itself .

The time of day he chooses to strike is interesting as well, all of his attacks were committed during late afternoon, to early evening , when there are a lot of people around, which seems to indicate he feels safer blending in with the general public, he wants to do what he wants to do and just fade into the crowd.

This is about the only risk he really takes

What little money he takes from the victims after , can most likely be attributed to trophy taking rather than robbery , but he doesn't dare take something that will get him caught , which also betrays his fears.

He may consider himself a sort of "assassin" of those women who spurned, or scorned him, this macho image exists only in his mind, outward, hes the complete opposite .

Killing the victims execution style furthers my feeling on this.

He will follow his crimes in the media however , he may even follow them here, that gives this him an identity a sense of being.

In this life of his which was disaster after disaster, after failed relationship after pathetic failed relationship, attaining a moniker , is about the only thing hes ever achieved, and is something hell wear like a badge, but privately.

Even the choice of firearm, a .22 caliber pistol, which in some cases, seemed to be a target pistol, in others, it was a sub machine gun replica , but always in .22 which is a common caliber used by contract killers , may indicate he identifies as some type of professional killer, but the odd style of weapon he uses, indicates he may feel some type of "relationship" if you will to the weapon itself.

Its like his "Billy Baroo" (for those of you who have seen the movie Caddy shack)

As evident by his mobility, he most likely works (worked) a job that allows, him access to the roadways , such as a truck driver, courier or something similar despite his mobility , these types however usually start close to home, so his first known murders, should be scrutinized .

The timeline in this case, is also interesting wherein the first 6 murders take place almost within a little over a month almost spree like, (hes suspected in 3 others I believe, one was only blocks from one of his known murders and it had a similar MO)

Thre would've been an initial triggering event that pushed past the fantasy point, his decision to murder these victims, whether or not it was recurring , or it was a single event (more likely), remains to be seen, but should be made public knowledge, in the event someone can put the pieces together and tip off police .

The I-70 Serial Killer is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. They often feel like failures and hate the world. They turn their hatred to one specific individual(s) or group(s).

Psybersquare: Injustice Collectors
Wound Collectors
On Wound Collectors

Examples of injustice collectors are wide ranging. It ranges from Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Pamela Smart, Yoselyn Ortega, Elliot Rodger, Charles Manson, Eric Harris, Nikolas Cruz, Charles Whitman, James Huberty, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, Timothy McVeigh, and Osama bin Laden.

Last edited:
The I-70 Serial Killer is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. They often feel like failures and hate the world. They turn their hatred to one specific individual(s) or group(s).

Psybersquare: Injustice Collectors
Wound Collectors
On Wound Collectors

Examples of injustice collectors are wide ranging. It ranges from Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Pamela Smart, Yoselyn Ortega, Elliot Rodger, Charles Manson, Eric Harris, Nikolas Cruz, Charles Whitman, James Huberty, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, Timothy McVeigh, and Osama bin Laden.

There is definitely anger, possibly a "revenge" motive in his mind, theres also a muted sexual component to it , if it were just global, anger , you'd see more of a random class of victims,for ex McVeigh, Bin Laden, Columbine , but even those victims were representative of something or someone .

In this case, even when he was in his killing spree phase, (6 murders in just over a month) he was very specific about the type of victim/situation he acted in

This is often the result of fantasy, misplaced anger ,and usually a triggering event prior to .

These women arent just easy targets, he commits these killings usually in broad daylight, with a lot of potential witnesses, around, they represent something to him.

When you see a killer (Ted Bundy for ex) who is specific about physical characteristics on his victims, we almost always find someone in their background whom these victims are representative of .

But the victim type alone is usually enough to give us a clue to what their motives are, shooting lone, petite women in the back of the head doesn't scream "macho" even the selection of such victims, betrays insecurity about a possible physical encounter with a male.

When a male walked in on one of his crimes, even though he was armed, and had just killed 2 victims, when the male refused to follow his orders , he simply told the male to leave .

Small petite brunettes represent something to him, maybe he was spurned by a similar female, the lack of sexual assault is interesting , perhaps thats what it is or he may have contracted a STD from someone similar (We've seen that many times before) but often is the result of some form of sexual dysfunction, though i would be willing to bet he masturbates to his recollection of them .

He will almost certainly follow his crimes, keep clippings, nowadays hell read about it on the internet, maybe even here .

However if indeed the Terre Haute murder of a male clerk was the work of the same killer , were looking at a shift in behavior , and that could possibly be due to several reasons .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back