OH OH - Chillicothe/Middletown Missing/Murdered, Possible Serial Killer

Link to a video from the Cincinnati.com article above of one of the victims who discusses how she fears for her life if Mearan is allowed to remain outside of jail.

If, as prosecutors allege, they listen to the victims in order to conduct their investigations into human trafficking in Scioto County, they should begin investigating the people who this victim feels could do her harm for testifying against Mearan.

Sex trafficking victim says lives are at risk with release of suspect

Documents give details of alleged crimes by Mearan - Portsmouth Daily Times

Who are the "Johns"? Is Ohio AG Dave Yost investigating them?

Other women shared that Mearan would often have “Johns” at his office who would belittle the women and would not hesitate to grope them. The environment was likened to a “meat market” and the women were referred to as ”the product.”

“Jane Doe 4 reported that Defendant verbally threatened her, often making her feel like a ‘dirty piece of sh—t,’” according to documents. “Jane Doe 4 complied with Defendant’s demands, as he continued to represent her in court throughout all of this. If she told him no, he would often respond with threats to not “help” her anymore.”

The documents also allege Mearan kept in contact with his clients while incarcerated and paid them to find more women to offer to “Johns.”

Documents give details of alleged crimes by Mearan - Portsmouth Daily Times

Who are the "Johns"? Is Ohio AG Dave Yost investigating them?

Other women shared that Mearan would often have “Johns” at his office who would belittle the women and would not hesitate to grope them. The environment was likened to a “meat market” and the women were referred to as ”the product.”

“Jane Doe 4 reported that Defendant verbally threatened her, often making her feel like a ‘dirty piece of sh—t,’” according to documents. “Jane Doe 4 complied with Defendant’s demands, as he continued to represent her in court throughout all of this. If she told him no, he would often respond with threats to not “help” her anymore.”

The documents also allege Mearan kept in contact with his clients while incarcerated and paid them to find more women to offer to “Johns.”

From the article you linked:
Prosecutors are expected to file with the court not to allow Mearan to represent himself. If Mearan is permitted to represent himself, he will have the ability to cross-examine his alleged victims. Mearan’s next court date is slated for Jan. 21.

I hope they succeed in not allowing him to represent himself. The alleged victims would feel like they are “answering to him” all over again. That would be horrible.

editing to include I see it has been answered: Portsmouth sex trafficking: Michael Mearan no longer representing himself

Gilbert Revere, 57, was arrested in September in connection with the case and is currently in custody. He is facing two counts of tampering with evidence, gross abuse of a corpse and failure to report a death.

Revere is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 15. It is unclear if he has entered a plea. His attorney could not be reached for comment.

Police Identify Remains of Missing Ohio Mother of 4 — 3 More Women Are Still Missing

If he's a SK, it's not real likely that he waited until 45-50 to start killing. I hope LE are taking a hard look at where all he's lived and checking against unsolved homicides and missing persons. MOO

hello all,
I was just wondering what ever came about that guy the girl killed in WV.. The one who had all that serial killer *advertiser censored* in his car. Thank god she took him out its hard to say how many lives she saved. What happened to that girl also after this? Hopefully she is given an award for killing that .

Stay Safe

Thanks for bumping this up. I was trying to find it, but my searches were turning up zero. At the beginning of all this, a serial killer was suspected.

LE checked the guy in WVa, but didn't connect him to these murders. The woman who killed him was amazing. Yes, she did deserve some kind of reward.

I wonder if this thread should be moved to Cold Cases? From the Beringer documentary, it appears these women were killed by various men who were working with/as LE informants in drug crimes. In the case of Portsmouth, its possible many of the women missing or killed were linked to a prostitution ring being run by a local defense attorney.

Last edited:
Thanks for bumping this up. I was trying to find it, but my searches were turning up zero. At the beginning of all this, a serial killer was suspected.

LE checked the guy in WVa, but didn't connect him to these murders. The woman who killed him was amazing. Yes, she did deserve some kind of reward.

I wonder if this thread should be moved to Cold Cases? From the Beringer documentary, it appears these women were killed by various men who were working with/as LE informants in drug crimes. In the case of Portsmouth, its possible many of the women missing or killed were linked to a prostitution ring being run by a local defense attorney.

I know they found that the guy in WV didn't have anything to do with our missing girls, but i believe he was a killer and did anything come about him in different cases? Was he a SK ?

I believe some of the girls were involved with LE (Scioto). They (LE) prob know more than they are telling about some of these girls disappearing. What was they working on for you? Why did you not keep them safe? To be honest i remember seeing a few things on the news about LE not keeping there snitches safe. or putting them in situations that are extremely dangerous.

Any girl that looks half decent or even not and do drugs in Ptown, Are on first name basis with Mike. They know him pretty good. BTW I've been told Mike can't have sex with these girls now days.

Stay Safe

I know they found that the guy in WV didn't have anything to do with our missing girls, but i believe he was a killer and did anything come about him in different cases? Was he a SK ?

I believe some of the girls were involved with LE (Scioto). They (LE) prob know more than they are telling about some of these girls disappearing. What was they working on for you? Why did you not keep them safe? To be honest i remember seeing a few things on the news about LE not keeping there snitches safe. or putting them in situations that are extremely dangerous.

Any girl that looks half decent or even not and do drugs in Ptown, Are on first name basis with Mike. They know him pretty good. BTW I've been told Mike can't have sex with these girls now days.

Stay Safe

In one of the episodes of Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio, there was a group discussion led by Angela Clemente, with women experiencing problems with LE, etc. in Scioto County. These were women who had been arrested on various charges related to drugs, etc. They claimed there were some kind of arrangements. I recall a quote from one of them saying every time she goes into the county courthouse, many of the people she sees there are people she has "partied" with. IIRC, that was the term she used. The implication was that women had sex with various people who worked at the county courthouse in order to make things easier for them. A big message from the women in the movie was that they were targeted because they had problems with drugs, etc. and also had children. They would make certain deals in order to not lose custody of their children. The child custody thing was used as a way to get them to agree to do unsavory and risky things.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7116050/

It might have been Episode 5 or 6, when the documentary team traveled to Portsmouth and talked to a lot of women there.

No one still has answered about the guy in WV that the girl killed in self defense like a Champ. He had to have done that before and i would think he has some bodies.. Nothing on him? just had all that *advertiser censored* in his car for no reason and tried to kill that girl?

No one still has answered about the guy in WV that the girl killed in self defense like a Champ. He had to have done that before and i would think he has some bodies.. Nothing on him? just had all that **** in his car for no reason and tried to kill that girl?

I tried to look it up but got sidetracked. You can probably do a Google search for information. I don't even recall the guy's name or the city where it happened. Sorry.

In one of the episodes of Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio, there was a group discussion led by Angela Clemente, with women experiencing problems with LE, etc. in Scioto County. These were women who had been arrested on various charges related to drugs, etc. They claimed there were some kind of arrangements. I recall a quote from one of them saying every time she goes into the county courthouse, many of the people she sees there are people she has "partied" with. IIRC, that was the term she used. The implication was that women had sex with various people who worked at the county courthouse in order to make things easier for them. A big message from the women in the movie was that they were targeted because they had problems with drugs, etc. and also had children. They would make certain deals in order to not lose custody of their children. The child custody thing was used as a way to get them to agree to do unsavory and risky things.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7116050/

It might have been Episode 5 or 6, when the documentary team traveled to Portsmouth and talked to a lot of women there.

Michael Mearan: Suit filed against judge overseeing sex trafficking case

The Enquirer filed a complaint Monday against a judge who barred a reporter from attending a pretrial hearing in one of the most high-profile human trafficking cases in Ohio's history.

The complaint, filed in the Fourth Appellate District of Ohio, states lawyers for both the prosecution and the defense likely attended the hearing and that Cosgrove previously held telephone pretrial proceedings without allowing access to the press.

Remember Serial murder has been declining rapidly now for the past 20 years or so, even in its heyday , it was a extremely rare phenomenon, that at its highest, resulted in only less than 1 percent of all the homicides country wide .

So though something may have the looks of being a serial murder case, its most likely not .

So when you see these cases, where a number of bodies are found in a certain area, its not usually a serial killer at work.

That doesnt mean it always isnt, it just means that the odds are that its something else that appears to be that

Of recent , weve seen more and more murders that are attributed to things like drugs, human trafficking, and other criminal activities, on the surface, we find 2-5 victims, all within a short distance from each other, we automatically think "Serial killer", however , theres usually a stunning lack of motive behind these , and often varying MO , and no signature aspect that can be uncovered.

And in even rarer cases, sometimes, ther is a serial killer who is operating at the same time, these other murders are taking place and it really taxes the investigators , especially if there are any similarities at all (IE the victims al being sex workers etc..)

Remember Serial murder has been declining rapidly now for the past 20 years or so, even in its heyday , it was a extremely rare phenomenon, that at its highest, resulted in only less than 1 percent of all the homicides country wide .

So though something may have the looks of being a serial murder case, its most likely not .

So when you see these cases, where a number of bodies are found in a certain area, its not usually a serial killer at work.

That doesnt mean it always isnt, it just means that the odds are that its something else that appears to be that

Of recent , weve seen more and more murders that are attributed to things like drugs, human trafficking, and other criminal activities, on the surface, we find 2-5 victims, all within a short distance from each other, we automatically think "Serial killer", however , theres usually a stunning lack of motive behind these , and often varying MO , and no signature aspect that can be uncovered.

And in even rarer cases, sometimes, ther is a serial killer who is operating at the same time, these other murders are taking place and it really taxes the investigators , especially if there are any similarities at all (IE the victims al being sex workers etc..)

I agree. After watching the Beringer documentary, it gives the impression there are groups of criminals (or gangs) involved in drug dealing and some in prostitution who victimize these women. The women are users or former users who get caught up in the criminal justice system. They pressured into becoming informants for local LE, but their identity is leaked to the criminals they're informing on, resulting in their disappearance, murder or "suicide".

They're victims of multiple violent people who are in a regional network of drug dealing/ sex trafficking

I agree. After watching the Beringer documentary, it gives the impression there are groups of criminals (or gangs) involved in drug dealing and some in prostitution who victimize these women. The women are users or former users who get caught up in the criminal justice system. They pressured into becoming informants for local LE, but their identity is leaked to the criminals they're informing on, resulting in their disappearance, murder or "suicide".

They're victims of multiple violent people who are in a regional network of drug dealing/ sex trafficking

Some involved in such cases, such as Gilgo beach (LISK) and Atlantic city are of the same mindset

They "look" like serial killings, but they indeed may not be at all.

And oddly depending on where they occur, in terms of geography , there may be a different feeling among the people in that area

For Ex , 5 bodies, buried in a shallow grave in a rural area , people automatically think serial killer ...

5 people buried in a shallow grave, just outside Brooklyn , people automatically think it has something to do with organized crime

Never and i mean NEVER trust the media narrative, remember they are LOOKING for a story, and they exist to manipulate , look at the case, facts (if you can)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back