If you look at it logically it's very clear who did it!

If I remember correctly they never could determine if head blow was first or the strangulation. I would tend to think the head blow first. Poor thing.
Certainly Police Chief Mark Beckner in his AMA said it was blow to the head first. This was similarly reported in the CBS documentary by Dr Werner Spitz . Dr Cyril Wecht reported the opposite in his book. That’s what happens when you ask too many experts IMHO. I would refer you to the Reddit AMA but it appears deleted after he realised his frank comments had gone viral. Dr Cyril Wecht comments are discussed on the web sleuth forum.

Anyone in this situation would have looked everywhere to make sure the house is safe and that all the windows around the house are secured and if he had done that she would have been discovered...
If the Ramsey's found the ransom note when they woke up, as they claim, it seems so weird that there was no concern that the kidnappers weren't still in the house. The kidnappers could have just finished that note and ducked into another room when they heard someone getting up. I know not everyone reacts the same, but I just can't imagine people finding evidence of intruders in their house and having no concern the intruders might still be there.

If the Ramsey's found the ransom note when they woke up, as they claim, it seems so weird that there was no concern that the kidnappers weren't still in the house. The kidnappers could have just finished that note and ducked into another room when they heard someone getting up. I know not everyone reacts the same, but I just can't imagine people finding evidence of intruders in their house and having no concern the intruders might still be there.
She should've been found while they checked if there's someone else still in the house...

In my opinion only...a big BS to the stranger /intruder theory. Also to any involvement by Burke. He was a little kid, and just because he is very awkward in interviews now, does not make him guilty. Obviously..at least to me..it was the parents. I said so the first moment I saw the initial news report, and I say so now.

Last edited:
In my opinion only...a big BS to the stranger /intruder theory. Also to any involvement by Burke. He was a little kid, and just because he is very awkward in interviews now, does not make him guilty. Obviously..at least to me..it was the parents. I said so the first moment I saw the initial news report, and I say so now.

We all know that if Burke was responsible for what happened to Jonbenet either by accident or done intentionally it was impossible for Burke to write that ransom note by himself at that time he was too young to write that and trying to cover it up by himself unbeknownst to the parents would have been impossible so the parents would have to be involved in this either way.

The handwriting on the ransom note looked nearly identical to Patsy's. Not only that the paper and pen came from the desk in the Ramsey's home. If it was an actual kidnapping wouldn't you think the ransom note would have been written beforehand? How many kidnappers would sit there and write that and risk being caught?

I lean the way of the parents too but what is the motive? While there could never be a reason to kill an innocent child there has to be something leading up to it right?

I lean the way of the parents too but what is the motive? While there could never be a reason to kill an innocent child there has to be something leading up to it right?

We have to accept the fact that we will never know why this happened to Jonbenet but for me the most important thing is to recognized that the Ramsey's and only the Ramsey's are responsible for this crime.

Crime does not discriminate. But it seems that money does. We've seen it with the Skakel's and others. Or did LE botch things up?

Crime does not discriminate. But it seems that money does. We've seen it with the Skakel's and others. Or did LE botch things up?

In the Jonbenet case Law enforcement definitely made tons of mistakes but when you take a step back and just look at the Ramsey's behavior...it's hard to watch...like I commented before can you imagine if the Ramsey's would have called 911 and if the police would have found Jonbenet right away in the house in the condition she was without the kidnapping story how bad it would have looked for the Ramsey's?!?!

I made a comment earlier, which was deleted cause my link did not work.
So I will try again! (hopefully it works this time mods!)

Back in September 1997, a little less than 9 months after Jonbenet's murder another girl in boulder was sexually assaulted in her home.
They had gone to the same dance-school, and lived about 2 miles from the Ramsey home.

"There's a Dance West school where the victim of the assault in our case, the one that we investigated, and the Ramsey girl, both attended," says Peterson, who now believes Jon Benet was first targeted at that dance studio because of what happened to his client, just nine months after JonBenet was murdered.

Like JonBenet, she took lessons at Dance West. And like JonBenet, another girl, who is identified as "Amy," was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her own bedroom on Sept. 14, 1997.

That night, Amy's father was out of town. After catching a movie, Amy and her mother returned home late. What they didn't know when they entered the house was that there was already an intruder inside.

Amy's father, who asked that his identity be obscured, agreed to talk about what happened that night: "My feeling is he got into the house while they were out and hid inside the house, so he would have been in there for perhaps four to six hours, hiding."

Before going to bed, Amy's mother turned on the burglar alarm. Around midnight, Amy woke up to find a man standing over her bed, his hand over her mouth. "She remembered the intruder addressing her by her name," says Peterson. "He said, 'I know who you are.' He repeated those things a few times, apparently. 'I'll knock you out. Shut up.'"

Peterson says Amy's mother heard whispering, and proceeded through the doorway, and saw a person, who just brushed her aside and quickly made his escape by jumping out a second-floor window.

"He was like a ghost," recalls Amy's father. "We couldn't figure out where he came from, or where he went."

By the time the Boulder police arrived, the man was long gone. Because the intruder had gotten in and out of the house so easily, Amy's father began to think this wasn't the first time he had done something like this.

JonBenet: DNA Rules Out Parents

Someone broke into their home before they got home that night. Stayed in the home for hours, waited, before eventually deciding to do the crime around midnight. Had he not been interrupted there is no telling what could have happened to the girl.

If this is how he worked, it is likely he did it before, and after as well. It sounds like something someone who had experience would do.

I made a comment earlier, which was deleted cause my link did not work.
So I will try again! (hopefully it works this time mods!)

Back in September 1997, a little less than 9 months after Jonbenet's murder another girl in boulder was sexually assaulted in her home.
They had gone to the same dance-school, and lived about 2 miles from the Ramsey home.

"There's a Dance West school where the victim of the assault in our case, the one that we investigated, and the Ramsey girl, both attended," says Peterson, who now believes Jon Benet was first targeted at that dance studio because of what happened to his client, just nine months after JonBenet was murdered.

Like JonBenet, she took lessons at Dance West. And like JonBenet, another girl, who is identified as "Amy," was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her own bedroom on Sept. 14, 1997.

That night, Amy's father was out of town. After catching a movie, Amy and her mother returned home late. What they didn't know when they entered the house was that there was already an intruder inside.

Amy's father, who asked that his identity be obscured, agreed to talk about what happened that night: "My feeling is he got into the house while they were out and hid inside the house, so he would have been in there for perhaps four to six hours, hiding."

Before going to bed, Amy's mother turned on the burglar alarm. Around midnight, Amy woke up to find a man standing over her bed, his hand over her mouth. "She remembered the intruder addressing her by her name," says Peterson. "He said, 'I know who you are.' He repeated those things a few times, apparently. 'I'll knock you out. Shut up.'"

Peterson says Amy's mother heard whispering, and proceeded through the doorway, and saw a person, who just brushed her aside and quickly made his escape by jumping out a second-floor window.

"He was like a ghost," recalls Amy's father. "We couldn't figure out where he came from, or where he went."

By the time the Boulder police arrived, the man was long gone. Because the intruder had gotten in and out of the house so easily, Amy's father began to think this wasn't the first time he had done something like this.

Someone broke into their home before they got home that night. Stayed in the home for hours, waited, before eventually deciding to do the crime around midnight. Had he not been interrupted there is no telling what could have happened to the girl.

If this is how he worked, it is likely he did it before, and after as well. It sounds like something someone who had experience would do.
At this point I don't think we will ever know what really happened to Jonbenet and who did actually did it but one thing is for sure....the parents actions and behaviors were very strange and them not talking with law enforcement always made them look if not guilty very suspicious.

Hi, does anyone think the reason forensic evidence isn't being handed over to the best to identify the killer might be egos by the boulder Police Department? Their refusal is baffling and a true crime against justice. It's amazing that whoever did this may very well be alive as I type this wondering the same exact thing.

Consider the logic of this timeline working backwards;

1 pm Body found
1 am Jonbenet death (12 hours prior - Schiller Overkill documentary)
11 pm Eat pineapple / hit head (2 hours prior to death - Jonbenet encyclopaedia)
11 pm Burke in bed (stayed up for 30 mins post parents going to bed guesstimated based on interview by Dr Phil)
10:30 Parents in bed (Jonbenet encyclopaedia)

While there are some vagaries in this it basically indicates that Burke and Jonbenet likely crossed paths supporting Burke involvement in some capacity. It also indicates that given the movements in the house, there was no time for an an intruder to write the Ransom Note with a conscious Jonbenet in his/her possession. It makes no sense otherwise. So the RN is staged and Burke could well be involved knowingly or otherwise
if the Ramseys had called 911 after finding Jonbenet themselves in the house at the very beginning in the morning in the condition she was in dead without the kidnapping story and the ransom note??? Where would the Ramseys be today....

Except that a lot of people failed to find her in the house:

"He [Ofc. Reichenbach] went down into the sprawling basement and walked through it. At the far end was a white door secured at the top by a block of wood that pivoted on a screw. Reichenbach tried to open the door, stopped when he felt resistance, then returned upstairs. Reichenbach, Officer French, and one of the friends Patsy had called, Fleet White, would all check that white door in the basement during the morning, and White would even open it. They found nothing." -- JonBenet by Steve Thomas

Fleet White didn't turn on the light because he couldn't find the unusually-placed light switch and couldn't see into the windowless room, which was completely black. He was looking for a child who was hiding so I understand his reasoning: she wouldn't be hiding in there. Ofc. French had been told by John Ramsey that the house was locked up and, if memory serves, French then checked the first-floor doors and windows himself. (There was a broken window in the basement, of course.)

Few people would put a high priority on searching their house for a missing child if a seemingly-legitimate ransom note was found on the premises. It's interesting that even so Fleet White thought she might be hiding.

For the record, Thomas thinks that John Ramsey did find the body--at 11am when he was out of sight of Det. Arndt for about an hour--but kept quiet about it, realizing the implications.

fr brown,
Fleet White not observing JonBenet on the wine-cellar floor, when he looked in earlier that morning, BEFORE JR did his search, does not mean Fleet White MISSED JonBenet!

She might NOT have been in the wine-cellar at that point in time. JR may have moved her there, wrapped in the white blanket when he searched the basement on his own, and AFTER Fleet White opening the wine-cellar door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back