Identified! NY - Yonkers, WhtFem 30-35, 1216UFNY, butterfly tattoo, 2 C-sections, Jun'92 - Meresa Hammonds

The header is changed to 'resolved'. IMO there must be more to know than just the fact that the Namus file is down? I couldn't find anything in mainstream media though.
I changed the title and moved the thread yesterday after reading (and confirming) @Bergamasque's post stating that the NamUs profile had been removed. That's standard procedure for handling WS threads. :)

I haven't heard anything back from any of the investigators I spoke with regarding Gail Knowlton as a PM. I've checked my email a few times yesterday evening but found nothing from anyone related to JD's case. I suppose the genealogical research may have provided answers. I, like everyone else here, am anxious to learn more.

I changed the title and moved the thread yesterday after reading (and confirming) @Bergamasque's post stating that the NamUs profile had been removed. That's standard procedure for handling WS threads. :)

I haven't heard anything back from any of the investigators I spoke with regarding Gail Knowlton as a PM. I've checked my email a few times yesterday evening but found nothing from anyone related to JD's case. I suppose the genealogical research may have provided answers. I, like everyone else here, am anxious to learn more.

Don't want to get into a discussion with you @YaYa_521, you know I appreciate you very much, doing your job. I will wait patiently, also hoping this woman is identified, but recently I saw a few times that a Namus file was down....and the page said "resolved". I didn't see that here. I also see that sometimes the Namus file is taken down, because they are adding or working on it. This is not an unknown case...there are many outlets about this Jane Doe. Isn't it strange that no one has reported her as identified? Well, we only can wait....

Don't want to get into a discussion with you @YaYa_521, you know I appreciate you very much, doing your job. I will wait patiently, also hoping this woman is identified, but recently I saw a few times that a Namus file was down....and the page said "resolved". I didn't see that here. I also see that sometimes the Namus file is taken down, because they are adding or working on it. This is not an unknown case...there are many outlets about this Jane Doe. Isn't it strange that no one has reported her as identified? Well, we only can wait....

Perhaps it’s similar to the case of Sherry Jarvis, formerly Walker County Jane Doe, in which she was stated as being identified in September but it wasn’t reported anywhere in the news until the Sheriff’s office held a press conference to formerly announce her identity in November. I too hope more information about this Jane Doe will be released soon.

I thought exactly, but I guess you already knew that. I like to have some kind of official statement from LE, MSM, ME, etc. before popping the champagne. While it's a great indicator of a UID being identified, a NamUs page that's down could also just mean it's temporarily down due to it being updated or maintained. I certainly hope this is not the case here, because I've been soooo looking forward to this Jane Doe getting her true name back, it's just meant as a little food for thought.

--------------------------------------------------

I must also add that I once again agree completely with @Bit of hope that @YaYa_521 and @MadMcGoo do a splendid job as moderators :) Congrats on the promotion to you both!

I thought exactly, but I guess you already knew that. I like to have some kind of official statement from LE, MSM, ME, etc. before popping the champagne. While it's a great indicator of a UID being identified, a NamUs page that's down could also just mean it's temporarily down due to it being updated or maintained. I certainly hope this is not the case here, because I've been soooo looking forward to this Jane Doe getting her true name back, it's just meant as a little food for thought.

I must also add that I once again agree completely with @Bit of hope that @YaYa_521 and @MadMcGoo do a splendid job as moderators :) Congrats on the promotion to you both!
Thanks to both of you!
@Mrs. Badcrumble @Bit of hope

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of you very much.

This tee tiny bit of info won't help your anxiety levels but it's something. ;) Det. Geiss gave me permission to share with you the following:
  • YJD has been ID'd.
  • Her family has been notified.
  • She is NOT Gail Knowlton.
  • There will be an announcement in the Westchester Journal News next week.
#
At least we now know her identity will be announced in the near future. :D

This tee tiny bit of info won't help your anxiety levels but it's something. ;) Det. Geiss gave me permission to share with you the following:
  • YJD has been ID'd.
  • Her family has been notified.
  • She is NOT Gail Knowlton.
  • There will be an announcement in the Westchester Journal News next week.
#
At least we now know her identity will be announced in the near future. :D

Great news @YaYa_521. Thanks for sharing X :D We will wait patiently for more to come.

upload_2021-12-7_21-59-1.jpeg
33TfjPjQpydHYod3VulZGFKwXCax-g6VvM5TLgGKC0bzkhDPuKZdRpNY-wFUn6vf56Q2h4r8VwuFBpoLZSoHyvKNmbnxHU76ijIFUw
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 9.58.31 PM.png
Rest in peace, Meresa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong