GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I did wonder about the insurance aspect, I believe you mentioned it early on in the thread.

The only thing is why did they initially charge them both, rather than just bring them in for questioning?

I don’t think the 26yo was charged with anything he was bought in for questioning but released pretty quickly, think after 24 hrs or something whereas Ackland faced court, he wasn’t even ‘released under investigation’

Can’t remember for certain but wasn’t Wayne Couzens wife arrested same time as Couzens was and then released a day later? the police had been monitoring Couzens but still bought in his wife

Just had a random thought ...

Do we know as fact that Cody owns a car? Or had access to a car at the time that Bobbi met her fate?

It could be that Cody was walking past or even waiting at the bus stop himself - tried talking to Bobbi and - events unfolded - there's an are next to the bus stop that has trees and bushes- the event/attack may have happened there and then he came in a vehicle later to move her body.

Just had a random thought ...

Do we know as fact that Cody owns a car? Or had access to a car at the time that Bobbi met her fate?

It could be that Cody was walking past or even waiting at the bus stop himself - tried talking to Bobbi and - events unfolded - there's an are next to the bus stop that has trees and bushes- the event/attack may have happened there and then he came in a vehicle later to move her body.
Wasn't she seen at the bus stop around 6.10 pm on her own though? The window of opportunity and the potential to be seen makes this theory highly improbable.

Even if there was an attack, coming back for her seems highly unlikely.

I don’t think the 26yo was charged with anything he was bought in for questioning but released pretty quickly, think after 24 hrs or something whereas Ackland faced court, he wasn’t even ‘released under investigation’

Can’t remember for certain but wasn’t Wayne Couzens wife arrested same time as Couzens was and then released a day later? the police had been monitoring Couzens but still bought in his wife
Correct, but she was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender not for murder.

PC Wayne Couzens wife released with no charge from police investigation

ETA: Have edited my previous post from charged to arrested.

I find it strange that the papers have referred to him only as a musician with no mention of his actual job so I presume he didn't have one? His band was new and were mostly playing local support slots so wouldn't have been earning anything other than beer/costs. Has anyone else seen any mention of employment?

Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter | The Crown Prosecution Service

Involuntary Manslaughter
Where an unlawful killing is done without an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm, the suspect is to be charged with manslaughter not murder. Apart from the absence of the requisite intent, all other elements of the offence are the same as for murder.

There are two types of involuntary manslaughter, that caused by the defendant's gross negligence and that caused by his unlawful or dangerous act.

Cases of gross negligence manslaughter should be referred to the Special Crime and Counter Terrorism Division. Separate guidance can be found here.

Unlawful Act Manslaughter

The offence is made out if it is proved that the accused intentionally did an unlawful and dangerous act from which death inadvertently resulted.

Cases where Death Results from the Unlawful Supply of Drugs

No "unlawful act" for the purpose of unlawful act manslaughter occurs, where a person only supplies drugs or materials to another, who then in turn administers the drug to himself and dies. This is the case even where a person assists another to take the drug by performing preparatory acts, such as applying a tourniquet or preparing a syringe for injection.

The House of Lords considering the point, stated that the criminal law generally assumed the existence of free will and, subject to certain exceptions, informed adults of sound mind were treated as autonomous beings able to make their own decisions on how to act: R v Kennedy (Simon) (2007) 3 W.L.R. 612 – where K supplied the drug to B, who then had a choice, knowing the facts, whether to inject himself or not.

(Sorry about the wonky fonts)

This is all I’ve found about it so far, but admittedly not an extensive search

Unclear re bail as it’s a high profile case. I suppose if you’re facing life maybe any chance for a final farewell to life outside might be too tempting to ignore?

yeah my guess regarding the two is both are insured or seen in a vehicle later captured or identified via CCTV. I’m not knowledgeable enough but my assumption is arrest rather than voluntary attendance for questioning gives the police, interviewers and arrested person a different set of rights?

Interesting that - according to the Mail's timeline (which is likely accurate) - the police were given Bobbi's phone at 11am on Monday, and immediately at 11.30am launched a search of some woodland and a few streets not far from the bus stop and Bobbi's home (Millwood Drive & Thurlestone Walk).

This suggests that the person who handed in the phone told police they found it in or near those areas.
I wonder if it was his mother who found the phone and handed it to police. Just a feeling.

Which day did they search the house? I feel that was a day or so down the line after the phone was handed in. Mum is plausible though I guess if she didn’t know the significance

Which day did they search the house? I feel that was a day or so down the line after the phone was handed in. Mum is plausible though I guess if she didn’t know the significance
If his mum handed the phone in and suspected her son was involved this could be why the police went to search the house. Happened fast after phone was handed in.

Does him applying for bail indicate that he’s gone not guilty ?

I don’t know the law on this. I am just assuming that a guilty plea would mean you would stay in custody.

Applying for bail in a murder case is likely to be because he (or someone on his behalf) has privately retained a lawyer who has been instructed to "do everything possible". It's vanishingly unlikely to be successful and a court-appointed brief who was not able to bill for every minute worked would not waste their time on it, in my experience.

It's unrelated to his plea, which won't be sought until a later hearing.

JMO, IANAL

IANAL? I am not a lawyer?
Applying for bail in a murder case is likely to be because he (or someone on his behalf) has privately retained a lawyer who has been instructed to "do everything possible". It's vanishingly unlikely to be successful and a court-appointed brief who was not able to bill for every minute worked would not waste their time on it, in my experience.

It's unrelated to his plea, which won't be sought until a later hearing.

JMO, IANAL

Unclear re bail as it’s a high profile case. I suppose if you’re facing life maybe any chance for a final farewell to life outside might be too tempting to ignore?

yeah my guess regarding the two is both are insured or seen in a vehicle later captured or identified via CCTV. I’m not knowledgeable enough but my assumption is arrest rather than voluntary attendance for questioning gives the police, interviewers and arrested person a different set of rights?
Police still advise you of your rights, but the difference is, you can leave at any time.

Remember your rights: voluntary interview (accessible version)

Voluntary Interview

You are not under arrest and you do not have to consent to being interviewed.

Before the police interviewer asks you to consent, you must be told about your rights, entitlements and safeguards that that will apply to the interview.

You are free to leave at any time unless you are arrested, or if the interviewer needs consent from you or someone else to stay, the interviewer must leave if you or the other person withdraw your consent.

Daily Mail

A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: 'Sadly, earlier today the body of a woman was located near Bovisand, South Hams, during searches by police officers. These searches were carried out following information received by police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back