IN IN - Nakyla Williams, 24, Last Seen @ Abandoned Home, may be in Flint, MI, Indianapolis, 9 Nov 2021

Knox

Reaction score

Williams hasn't been seen since November 9. She has red, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes and was wearing a black zip-up North Face jacket, black jacket and ripped blue jeans.

On Wednesday night, her family searched for her in an east side neighborhood.

"We are just trying to start from ground zero basically to find my daughter to bring her home," said Spurlock-Pope. "God bless my daughter wherever she is and I am coming, and I am looking for you, and I am going to find you Nakyla."

Her mother says she was last seen at a now abandoned home on 35th and Leland Avenue.

Pope says Williams knew the people who stayed there and it's out of the ordinary for her to not return home or call.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...earch-for-missing-24-year-old-nakyla-williams

Rafael Sánchez, RTV6
Mother pleading for help.

Nakyla Williams of Indianapolis has been missing since November 9th. Just spoke to her mom who says she’s provided @IMPDnews info to help with the investigation. IMPD confirms this as a Missing Person case. If you have any info call 317-262-TIPS right now.

Interesting comments at link.

https://www.courtmagazine.org/post/have-you-seen-me-nakyla-williams

She was picked up by someone in a silver pickup truck and her family is searching for answers.

9e756d_7383f11b59174b95a0e1ec3b6c222270~mv2.jpg

She has last known to be in contact with a man by the mane of Destyn Hoyle.

If you have any information please contact the Indianapolis Police Department at 317-327-6917

9e756d_0024ef98dbcb458aa4abdf3f8340b25b~mv2.jpg

Last edited:

Williams hasn't been seen since November 9. She has red, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes and was wearing a black zip-up North Face jacket, black jacket and ripped blue jeans.

On Wednesday night, her family searched for her in an east side neighborhood.

"We are just trying to start from ground zero basically to find my daughter to bring her home," said Spurlock-Pope. "God bless my daughter wherever she is and I am coming, and I am looking for you, and I am going to find you Nakyla."

Her mother says she was last seen at a now abandoned home on 35th and Leland Avenue.

Pope says Williams knew the people who stayed there and it's out of the ordinary for her to not return home or call.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...earch-for-missing-24-year-old-nakyla-williams
How did her mother know her daughter knew the people living in an abandoned house?
So she would visit these people and return home at night since it was out of the ordinary not to return home?
Was this house close to her home? Close enough to walk?
Trying to put together a puzzle with so many missing pieces...hope she is safe somewhere.

Indianapolis police released a missing persons alert 3 weeks after Nakyla Williams disappeared
by: Russ McQuaid
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 / 06:45 PM EST / Updated: Dec 2, 2021 / 01:39 PM EST

(Her mom):
UPDATE: IMPD said they have reason to believe Nakyla Williams traveled to the area of Flint, Michigan.

“I have given IMPD every lead I have come up with,” she said. “Luckily, I have cameras. Luckily, I know what’s going on. It’s not like she just vanished and I don’t know. These are facts. These are facts.”

Those facts, said Nakia, include tracking her daughter’s frequent visits to a home in the 3400 block of North Leland Avenue where she met the man driving the gray truck, who the family said is known out of state.

“I found out that he goes by several different names,” said Nakia. “He has to be stopped. You just can’t take people’s children just because you think you can do that.”

Nakia said she has talked to people who know that man.

“They know something and everybody just be, ‘I don’t wanna be in it but you need to look at him, this is what he did,’” said Nakia.

How did her mother know her daughter knew the people living in an abandoned house?
So she would visit these people and return home at night since it was out of the ordinary not to return home?
Trying to put together a puzzle with so many missing pieces...hope she is safe somewhere.
The article in the OP says "now abandoned house"... so perhaps it wasn't abandoned prior to a couple 3 weeks ago. Sounds like the grey pickup truck guy was staying there, packed his things and took her with him when he left town (abandoning that property).

The guy is “known out of state”? What does that mean exactly? He doesn’t live in Indiana? If not, does that mean he has a reputation from elsewhere? What was he doing in that house? What kind of “business” is he in and why would she go with him? Does she have a history of substance abuse and he was a supplier? She didn’t take any of her things with her so I doubt she was just moving away with him. Questions, questions and more questions.

It sounds like he may have groomed her to eventually lure her away to be trafficked? Lots of these guys start out romancing their victims, acting like a loving boyfriend. Then they isolate them from their friends and family, and begin pimping them out, in another state.

The guy is “known out of state”? What does that mean exactly? He doesn’t live in Indiana? If not, does that mean he has a reputation from elsewhere? What was he doing in that house? What kind of “business” is he in and why would she go with him? Does she have a history of substance abuse and he was a supplier? She didn’t take any of her things with her so I doubt she was just moving away with him. Questions, questions and more questions.
Follow that Twitter link a few posts up; it will answer most of your questions.

Per the article, mom mentions tracking Nakyla's movements there, which makes me think they probably have phones on a family plan and mom is able to get her location. Given her age, though, I'm thinking maybe there were some concerns about Nakyla prior to her disappearance, if mom was doing this. Why else would she be so vigilant with cameras and tracking and such?

so are the cops looking for the man she was last known to be with? like is he on a wanted list?

There is some conflicting information in the MSM links to her disappearance. She is listed as both 22 and 24 years old. Not much of a difference in how she would look but other reports have her weight as 150 AND 175. At 5 foot 3 175 pounds would likely make her face look fuller than the photos provided where she looks fairly slender. I do hope she is found soon and safe, her Mom has to be so worried!

So confused about this case. It sounds like she went willingly but was groomed/brainwashed by the man she left with? I'm also assuming since the US Marshals are involved there is something more to this. She's an adult and left of her own free will so you would think that they would tell her family there isn't anything they could do. That man must be one bad dude.

So confused about this case. It sounds like she went willingly but was groomed/brainwashed by the man she left with? I'm also assuming since the US Marshals are involved there is something more to this. She's an adult and left of her own free will so you would think that they would tell her family there isn't anything they could do. That man must be one bad dude.
Local LE can call in the Marshalls under 28 USC § 566. Normally that is done with missing children but if there are criminal activities or a fugitive involved they might be party to the investigation (NOT saying the missing girl falls under that, but the person she may have been seen with could be their focus).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back