Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Chris Smith 'doesn't buy' investigation of William Tyrrell's foster parents - 2GB
Chris Smith has vouched for the character of William Tyrrell’s foster mother and father amid police and public scrutiny.

Chris has interviewed the parents in the past and maintains contact with them.

He told Ben Fordham in the “couple of short communications” he’s had in recent weeks. the parents have been “petrified” and “rapt with fragility”.
At about 5.04 in the podcast, Chris Smith makes the comment about his interview with her 12 months following William's disappearance (paraphrased) that FFC has an idea about who has done this, but she wants to be accurate about it. (She also answered 'no' to Smith's suggestion about other persons...as if she was doing her own 'detective work'.
JMO: I would imagine that her hunch on who did it has been investigated fully and eventually discounted....under Gary Jubelin's handling of the case.

Last edited:
I am at a loss and i hope for the sake of all these people over the years that have supported
the FFC do not end up bitterly disappointed .

I wonder what people this Chris was alluding
too that the Foster mother claimed had nothing to do with it and not throwing other people under the bus so to speak ?

At about 5.04 in the podcast, Chris Smith makes the comment about his interview with her 12 months following William's disappearance (paraphrased) that FFC has an idea about who has done this, but she wants to be accurate about it. (She also answered 'no' to Smith's suggestion about other persons...as if she was doing her own 'detective work'.
JMO: I would imagine that her hunch on who has did it has been investigated fully and eventually discounted....under Gary Jubelin's handling of the case.

I think you will find that Chris Smith suggested "a group of people" to her and she said she didn't think they did it. So not her suggestion and not her hunch, just her thought's at the suggestion he made. IMO

The emotions one would experience depend on whether they're innocent or guilty. In the case of the fosters--particularly the FFC--we don't know. All we have are a lot of unanswered questions, inconsistencies, unsupported recollections, etc.

If we want an emotional account of someone who was accused and innocent of having anything to do with WT's disappearance, we only need to turn to Bill Spedding, Paul Savage, etc. I still haven't heard a plausible theory on here as to why they would be guilty of WT's disappearance.

His opinion also carries more weight than all of us.
I think anyone would be terrified, guilty or innocent. Being falsely accused of a crime, especially murder, is one of the worst things that can happen to someone.

The emotions one would experience depend on whether they're innocent or guilty. In the case of the fosters--particularly the FFC--we don't know. All we have are a lot of unanswered questions, inconsistencies, unsupported recollections, etc.

If we want an emotional account of someone who was accused and innocent of having anything to do with WT's disappearance, we only need to turn to Bill Spedding, Paul Savage, etc. I still haven't heard a plausible theory on here as to why they would be guilty of WT's disappearance.

There are many valid reasons that BS was a prime suspect. Most of them were circumstantial but seemed potentially valid at the time. JMO

I think anyone would be terrified, guilty or innocent. Being falsely accused of a crime, especially murder, is one of the worst things that can happen to someone.
As someone who was falsely accused of rape, I know this first-hand. I do not need to imagine it.

I do not need my emotional reactions and experience equated with someone who is or was guilty.

Last edited:
JMO: I would imagine that her hunch on who has did it has been investigated fully and eventually discounted....under Gary Jubelin's handling of the case.

If true, then you'd want to hope that every cop in charge since Day 1 has followed that up.

As someone falsely accused of rape, I know this first-hand. I do not need to imagine it.

I do not need my emotional reactions equated with someone who is or was guilty.
And you were not terrified of that accusation?

I am trying to understand what your point is. I am saying that anyone would be terrified of being publicly accused of killing their foster child, innocent or guilty. Are you saying that is not so?

This would be an absolutely terrible situation for the FP if they are innocent. Easy to understand this.

If I was innocent thought I would be very angry not "petrified" or "wracked with fragility".

One of my favourite sayings is "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear". Not sure what others thinks of these comments by Chris Smith?

If you have been through such a traumatic event and grief stricken and are innocent and then this tripe is happening I’d want to off myself. Honestly. I could not take it.

If I had been telling the truth all along, and had nothing to do with the accusations, I'd be saying: "Put me on the polygraph".
The polygraph doesn't protect you, even if you pass. At least not here in California. Maybe it does in Australia, I don't know.

But here it is not allowed in court proceedings and it is not considered totally accurate.

These people publically questioned why PS was no longer a poi and continued to cast suspicion on him.

They now are tasting their own medicine and I am guessing it is bitter

Paid talking heads that have gotten close to the last people to see William have tainted opinions that absolutely have no more weight than those who are here for William and his sister only

JMO

The polygraph doesn't protect you, even if you pass. At least not here in California. Maybe it does in Australia, I don't know.

But here it is not allowed in court proceedings and it is not considered totally accurate.

Not admissible in court, but I personally have no fear of being polygraphed to back up my claims that I had nothing to do with an accusation.

I am at a loss and i hope for the sake of all these people over the years that have supported
the FFC do not end up bitterly disappointed .

I wonder what people this Chris was alluding
too that the Foster mother claimed had nothing to do with it and not throwing other people under the bus so to speak ?

And vice versa.

There are no sides and it’s not a game, we are all here for William.

I don't think she has been accused by anyone of Murder?

Police are investigating her movements for the 90 minutes before the 000 call and Chris Smith says she is "petrified".

My point was if it was me and I knew that I had nothing to hide then I would have nothing to fear.

I would be angry not petrified and I understand that many of us do act and feel differently. IMO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire