TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though it was cold that night, it was winter. Would the ground have been hard?

I struggle to imagine how Jason, who may have been in a drug induced haze, may have had a head injury, probably was completely lost and was completely naked, had the strength to walk a long way and then dig a hole 6 feet deep (or whatever), with his bare hands, before climbing into it and dying.

I don’t know the specific area searched in terms of miles but this news article references thousands of acres. I don’t know whether this included areas only searched by drone, but a large area was searched, more than once, with highly skilled people and with cadaver dogs. There’s been 6 major searches according to the article and they’re now using AI.

When EquuSearch say they don’t believe he’s in that area, I’m inclined to trust their opinion.

JMO MOO

Jason Landry: Crews use artificial intelligence to help search for missing Texas State student

Search team scours Caldwell County again for missing Texas State student

SEARCH SUSPENDED: Jason Landry – Caldwell County, Texas (12/14/20)

We don't have any evidence he was in a "drug-induced haze." If he did marijuana, wouldn't he have had to do A LOT of it to be in such a state that he couldn't even walk/drive? (I genuinely don't know, I've never done it, but I've heard it's not the same type of effects as, say, alcohol.)

<modsnip> We need to get that geofence warrant and figure out who else was out there that night. I strongly believe someone took him. I’m in Austin TX, not far from Luling. I’ve been in that area where the accident occurred, they would have found him by now if he was there.

I signed the petition for the geofence warrant. The link on his FB dedicated page is on November 18.

I think with a possible head injury mixed with possible hypothermia, the sense of touch might abate, rendering him more able to navigate a terrain he would normally struggle with.

I absolutely agree. The human body's innate will to live is so very powerful that minor obstacles would not deter but would, perhaps, propel him forward in the quest to survive with determination regardless of minor hardships encountered.

I adore that he likes fun socks such as the Spongebob socks found on the road and the Monkey Business socks with monkeys carrying a briefcase in one hand and a banana in the other. Sounds like such a delightful guy!
EPISODE 312: Jason Landry — The Vanished Podcast

I might be alone in my thinking but what probable cause would LE have to obtain a geofence warrant? IMO, that’s a big deal to obtain records of citizens like that, presumably not at all connected to this case. I personally don’t see a judge signing off on it. That of course doesn’t mean that I would not want one if this was my loved one. IMO

I might be alone in my thinking but what probable cause would LE have to obtain a geofence warrant? IMO, that’s a big deal to obtain records of citizens like that, presumably not at all connected to this case. I personally don’t see a judge signing off on it. That of course doesn’t mean that I would not want one if this was my loved one. IMO
Agree, and the sad truth is it would likely have been obtained already if legal. I don't think there's a Judge anywhere that would sign it (without probable cause i.e., evidence of a crime). This is also not the first case to be in this situation. :(

Last edited:

Agree, and the sad truth is it would likely have been obtained already if legal. I don't think there's a Judge anywhere that would sign it (without probable cause i.e., evidence of a crime). This is also not the first case to be in this situation. :(

I think y’all are probably right. But this case is one of those weird ones IMO where although evidence of a crime hasn’t been found, there’s also no evidence that a crime wasn’t committed. And Jason disappeared under very strange circumstances and has been searched for extensively yet…nothing. I know that’s not how the law works as far as these warrants are concerned, but it’s a shame because I think that there’s a decent enough chance that finding out if Jason communicated with someone in the area right before he wrecked and disappeared could break this case wide open. I get why it’s not easy to obtain records from citizens, but I signed the petition because in this particular case I think it could be helpful and worth it. JMO

Anything could've happened while he walked away, like someone telling him something that would have made him feel safe. Not saying what has been discussed with his condition that night could not have made him go hide himself somewhere.

I absolutely agree. The human body's innate will to live is so very powerful that minor obstacles would not deter but would, perhaps, propel him forward in the quest to survive with determination regardless of minor hardships encountered.

I adore that he likes fun socks such as the Spongebob socks found on the road and the Monkey Business socks with monkeys carrying a briefcase in one hand and a banana in the other. Sounds like such a delightful guy!
EPISODE 312: Jason Landry — The Vanished Podcast
I have to respectfully disagree what Jason faced that night was difficult even for the hardiest of people like hypothermia and being unclothed without shoes in rough terrain (grass like sharp and potholed road.) I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.

I have to respectfully disagree what Jason faced that night was difficult even for the hardiest of people like hypothermia and being unclothed without shoes in rough terrain (grass like sharp and potholed road.) I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.

Oh, apologies are not needed. We're all different. I wish he'd stayed in his car.

I can imagine someone may be too frightened to take a step forward. But, with it being Christmastime, knowing his family was expecting him; it just makes most sense to me that he would have been able to ignore some harsh circumstances in order to survive unless a head injury occurred during the accident. During hypothermia, doesn't the brain trigger the release of particular chemicals to make the person feel a sense of euphoria? IOW, there'd be no pain felt.

It is so perplexing to me that his clothing and other items were dropped in the middle of the road as if they were complicating his mission. The temperature did not present to be so cold as to cause immediate hypothermia once he got out of his car. Even if his body rapidly presented with hypothermia, paradoxical undressing is not an early stage; it is right before death that it usually occurs.

Get Naked and Dig: The Bizarre Effects of Hypothermia

UPDATE on the Jason Landry Case: Is Evidence Being Withheld?

Recently, a private investigation group called Project Absentia out of San Antonio said they "uncovered circumstantial evidence that Jason was not alone at the time of his disappearance. The PI team strongly believes that a geofence warrant will enable them to locate a suspect or suspects as well as additional witnesses."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave