Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything we’ve been told has pretty much come from only one source - heidis ex husband who was in the middle of taking her to court for child support. So IMO there isn’t much reliable information out there. Not saying he’s lying, but how can we know? LE hasn’t confirmed much of anything JW has said.
Heidi's friend was also speaking early on but now, according to a cousin of Heidi, family and friends have been told by LE to just stop and let them do their job.

I realize this case is only a little over month old, but why do I have the feeling that we are never really going to know what happened to Heidi? I keep thinking about cases like Maura Murray, Jennifer Kesse and Brianna Maitland. Cases that will probably never be solved. I really hope this isn't one of those cases.

Heidi's friend was also speaking early on but now, according to a cousin of Heidi, family and friends have been told by LE to just stop and let them do their job.
Well if that's the case, doing their job would indicate she hasn't been found or went into a witness protection program. I've long wondered how that would work - if someone goes into a WPP, is local LE informed if that person is reported missing? There would be a lot of wasted resources and time if not.

I believe this same cousin also said that friends of Heidi's in L.A. contacted the LAPD and told them they were trying to get funds together to hire a PI but were told they couldn't because it was an active investigation. That makes zero sense. The cousin also said that he talked to his Aunt (Heidi's mom) and she told him that LE had given her some info about this case but told her that she was not to tell anyone else about this info. What is going on with this case?

I am wondering if she went there to drop off her dog, maybe to the couple on the 9th floor , so they could get Seven back to her son.

Then she voluntarily took off, to escape some upcoming difficulties, hoping to wait things out and return when things die down?

Maybe LE knows something about that, but maybe they don't know exactly where she is?

It could be that her boss was trying to frame her for some of the financial shenanigans and she was afraid to stick around and get charged so she went into hiding?

I am wondering if she went there to drop off her dog, maybe to the couple on the 9th floor , so they could get Seven back to her son.

Then she voluntarily took off, to escape some upcoming difficulties, hoping to wait things out and return when things die down?

Maybe LE knows something about that, but maybe they don't know exactly where she is?

It could be that her boss was trying to frame her for some of the financial shenanigans and she was afraid to stick around and get charged so she went into hiding?

All reasonable speculation -- also possible she was made 'an offer you can't refuse' that included her getting off the skyline in exchange for assurances that no harm would come to the son.

If LE has been told she is alive and in Witness Protection, why would they knowingly continue to use funds and manpower to look for her? That would be hard to defend. Also, how obligated are they to continue to look if the facts are looking like she left voluntarily?

If LE has been told she is alive and in Witness Protection, why would they knowingly continue to use funds and manpower to look for her? That would be hard to defend. Also, how obligated are they to continue to look if the facts are looking like she left voluntarily?

COULD be that they are simply not spending time/effort to pursue her whereabouts, but aren't updating the public (possibly to aid FBI investigation of the others involved) - trying to have the discussion 'die.'

I have never been able to fully get on board with the idea that Heidi left voluntarily. I certainly cannot believe she was placed in witness protection, as I don't think that she would still be listed as missing, and local LE would not still be working on her case. But for those of you who think she bolted of her own volition, what do you think she was fleeing from? JS? an SEC investigation? JW? Herself and her life in general? All of the above? None of the above?

Also, I am sure LE has thoroughly checked, and continues to check her known phones for any activity, and any known bank accounts for any signs of use, and probably use eyes as well as technology to continue to search for her vehicle (if it has not already been found). How much longer do you see this going before she is found or resurfaces? It has now been five weeks with no known sign of her. Do LE have reason to suspect or know she is still alive and well somewhere? Do they have good reason to suspect she is deceased, but have been unable to find her? Many cases are never solved. Despite what is a pretty narrow window of time for whatever happened to Heidi to have occurred, is this going to be another one of those cases?

I think the fact that there have been no sightings of her car suggests to me that she isn't driving around the country in "hiding". Also, while we can never be sure the accuracy of media reports, the Range Rover model she was supposedly driving would have been equipped with an internal GPS/modem and should have been able to be located by now. Since the car hasn't been sighted and the Dealer (speculating) hasn't been able to ping its location, the car is likely in the water somewhere nearby to her last sighting. I think if it had been driven a long distance through the area/out of the area it would have passed a plate reader or traffic cam and LE would have updated her last known location by now.

Police Search Landfill North of Los Angeles in Disappearance of West LA Woman Heidi Planck

"The significant break in the case came weeks ago when forensic evidence was found in the high-rise apartment building in downtown Los Angeles where Planck's dog was found wandering on an upper floor on the day she was last seen.

That same day detectives spotted and quietly impounded Planck's gray Range Rover SUV on a street nearby in order to search it for additional evidence. "

Police Search Landfill North of Los Angeles in Disappearance of West LA Woman Heidi Planck

"The significant break in the case came weeks ago when forensic evidence was found in the high-rise apartment building in downtown Los Angeles where Planck's dog was found wandering on an upper floor on the day she was last seen.

That same day detectives spotted and quietly impounded Planck's gray Range Rover SUV on a street nearby in order to search it for additional evidence. "

Wow! I did not see that one coming, although I have long thought her RR had most likely been found. Dare we wonder what the forensic evidence was, and if it was found in the trash chute? Makes me shudder to think. Prayers for Heidi and her loved ones right now.

Last edited:

Well, I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case. I was holding out hope and although nothing is definite, this clearly shows what the police believe happened. This is just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88