IN - Emma Sweet, 2, (died), Dad and truck found, Bartholomew Co, 24 Nov 2021 *arrest*

Again, if JS had endured a successful rehab program, Emma would most likely be alive today and living in a happy home.

You can't force anyone out of addiction. Even the best rehab program works only as much as the addict allows. If the person addicted isn't working on their recovery, they will not recover. JS did not show even an ounce of will to change.

You can't force anyone out of addiction. Even the best rehab program works only as much as the addict allows. If the person addicted isn't working on their recovery, they will not recover. JS did not show even an ounce of will to change.

It's more than that, a proper support system after rehab is the absolute MOST important thing.

I had not gone there. But you are correct to bring this up. I'm sure the autopsy report will have those answers.
Either way, it's heartbreaking.
Another "this never should have happened" story.
His stories don’t make sense to me ,his last story said he got out of the truck put Emma on the hood then got back in the truck . How in the heck did he get the truck door open in the water , that doesn’t seem logical would the water pressure keep the door shut jmoo

His stories don’t make sense to me ,his last story said he got out of the truck put Emma on the hood then got back in the truck . How in the heck did he get the truck door open in the water , that doesn’t seem logical would the water pressure keep the door shut jmoo
And he “fell asleep” while wet and sitting in water with temperatures in the 30s, 40s, 50s after watching his baby fall into the river?

And he “fell asleep” while wet and sitting in water with temperatures in the 30s, 40s, 50s after watching his baby fall into the river?
So they went missing Wednesday was reported missing Thursday he was found in the truck Friday morning, when did his truck go in the river so many questions just nothing makes sense jmoo

I'm having less of a problem with this than most people. Rushing water is hard to move through, it's exhausting.

I don't think that's what happened here, though. I don't think he has any idea what happened since he was shooting up.

Drowning or death by fire are my greatest fears, too, and I'm a PADI certified diver.

Is it society's problem that the father of Emma is a drug addict of the worst kind? I tend to believe it is the family unit who controls how to parent one's children. I also believe the courts are far too lenient on drug arrests as JSs court cases show.

I am an activist in my state for Criminal Justice Reform meant to assist Drug Addicts. It is our belief that rather than send a person to prison for drug possession; it is better to send them to rehab so they can rehabilitate their lives without the stigmas attached of being a prisoner on the outside. JMHO

Drug addiction captures doctors, lawyers, engineers, as well as the poor and downtrodden. They need help getting off drugs in a place, for example, where they're not subjected to joining a prison gang in order to survive. Their stories are shocking yet, with proper treatment, their successes are inspiring.

Criminal Justice Reform Should Decriminalize Addiction, Advocates Say - The Appeal

FIGHT FOR LIFE
Reformed drug addict reveals inspiring 15-year battle with heroin to turn life around to help others beat their demons
Reformed drug addict shares 15-year battle to turn life around and help others

Did you read this guys history? There is no way he should qualify for a deferred drug treatment program. We have that in my state and you know what happens? They don't go to their treatment programs and continue to wreak their havoc on the community, committing crimes to support their lifestyle, thefts, robberies, assaults, murders.

The idea that everyone can be saved is not true. There is a difference between drug addicts and drug addicts that are criminals. The court system forgot that a long time ago and treats them the same. That is not fair to society.

Btw, I had to have an attorney disbarred because late in life his young girlfriend got him hooked on heroin and he stole my money to support his habit. In and out of rehab he went and it didn't take. He is still an addict. He knew the right people and never saw jail. Is that fair to me? People need to start remembering there are victims here. Like this baby who would have been alive if her dad was in jail.

Moo.

Did you read this guys history? There is no way he should qualify for a deferred drug treatment program. We have that in my state and you know what happens? They don't go to their treatment programs and continue to wreak their havoc on the community, committing crimes to support their lifestyle, thefts, robberies, assaults, murders.

The idea that everyone can be saved is not true. There is a difference between drug addicts and drug addicts that are criminals. The court system forgot that a long time ago and treats them the same. That is not fair to society.

Btw, I had to have an attorney disbarred because late in life his young girlfriend got him hooked on heroin and he stole my money to support his habit. In and out of rehab he went and it didn't take. He is still an addict. He knew the right people and never saw jail. Is that fair to me? People need to start remembering there are victims here. Like this baby who would have been alive if her dad was in jail.

Moo.

I am deeply sorry for your awful financial loss and the painful experience suffered due to the lawyer abusing drugs; thereby, causing you unnecessary protracted conflict. He deserved to be disbarred. I assume he did he not carry legal professional liability insurance?

I paid an attorney $37,000 to represent me in a brutal two year divorce which was granted on the grounds of cruel and inhumane treatment. The X should have been made to pay those fees. I was awarded lifetime alimony but the X moved to another state 1364 miles away in order to avoid paying court ordered alimony. Sheriff's won't extradite for civil matters. Is that fair?

There is no way JS would have been offered an opportunity at rehab when he was caught making meth. Moreover, it was wrong for JS to be a free man in society long before baby Emma was born.

JMVHOO

One of my best friends and her husband are raising their 3 grandchildren who were all born addicted to heroin. The mother had been in rehab more times than I can remember. Failed rehab the first time, baby #1 born addicted. Failed rehab the second time. Failed rehab the third time, baby #2 born premature and addicted. Failed rehab a couple more times and baby #3 born premature and addicted.

Mom used heroin through all 3 pregnancies. Her parents had full custody of the 3 sweet babies until she finally graduated rehab, and she was granted a trial of having her children. It lasted for only 6 days because she got high on heroin and endangered the lives of her kids. It was only due to an alert neighbor that they were saved.

When it comes to the life of the addict or the lives of their children I will always side with protecting the children. MOO
Quoting my own post to provide an update to this situation. Just learned the heroin addicted mother is trying to get custody of the 3 kids that her parents have raised since birth. These poor babies went through awful withdrawal after birth because she used heroin during pregnancy. These kids are perfectly safe and happy being raised by their loving grandparents. Yet now mom and bf want custody of them.

They claim they have been getting weekly drug screens for months but there has been an issue at the clinic and the staff can’t find the records of any drug screen results. Seriously? I have worked for years in clinics where drug screens are performed and they are always treated very carefully and under strict protocols because the results are court admissible.

We are all hoping and praying she isn’t able to get custody. The only time she has had the kids was during a 6 day trial that ended disastrously. Both she and her bf are convicted felons and have lengthy arrest records from break ins and robberies to support their heroin habits.

Her parents have put her through several different expensive rehabs in the past, none have helped.

Apologies for the long post but I am attempting to explain why I am always 100% for the safety of the children instead of the drug addicted parent.

So they went missing Wednesday was reported missing Thursday he was found in the truck Friday morning, when did his truck go in the river so many questions just nothing makes sense jmoo

This is what is so confusing to me. Was he sleeping in the River for two days?

Since the truck wasn’t in much water, would she have survived if she was still in her car seat?

Quoting my own post to provide an update to this situation. Just learned the heroin addicted mother is trying to get custody of the 3 kids that her parents have raised since birth. These poor babies went through awful withdrawal after birth because she used heroin during pregnancy. These kids are perfectly safe and happy being raised by their loving grandparents. Yet now mom and bf want custody of them.

They claim they have been getting weekly drug screens for months but there has been an issue at the clinic and the staff can’t find the records of any drug screen results. Seriously? I have worked for years in clinics where drug screens are performed and they are always treated very carefully and under strict protocols because the results are court admissible.

We are all hoping and praying she isn’t able to get custody. The only time she has had the kids was during a 6 day trial that ended disastrously. Both she and her bf are convicted felons and have lengthy arrest records from break ins and robberies to support their heroin habits.

Her parents have put her through several different expensive rehabs in the past, none have helped.

Apologies for the long post but I am attempting to explain why I am always 100% for the safety of the children instead of the drug addicted parent.
I understand where your coming from and feel the same way . I have a niece whose partner died of a od in January and she’s now in rehab her family have the kids . My niece is also a school teacher who hasn’t taught for a year due to addiction. Her family took the kids because it just fair to the kids. I’m all for being supportive for her and more supportive for the kids. … but this none of JS story makes sense did they crash into the river Wednesday and he slept in the water till Friday morning just doesn’t make sense . With the water pressure against the door how’d he get the baby out of the truck , just nothing he’s said makes any sense jmoo

This is what is so confusing to me. Was he sleeping in the River for two days?

Since the truck wasn’t in much water, would she have survived if she was still in her car seat?
I don’t get it either , and how’d he get the truck door open just nothing makes any sense. The only way I could see him sleeping that long is if he’s been up days smoking meth then crashes and sleeps a couple days . Poor Emma such a beautiful girl whose life was cut short jmoo

I don’t get it either , and how’d he get the truck door open just nothing makes any sense. The only way I could see him sleeping that long is if he’s been up days smoking meth then crashes and sleeps a couple days . Poor Emma such a beautiful girl whose life was cut short jmoo

If I were the LE I'd check if she was alive when she entered that water. Methheads aren't exactly renowned for their self control and calm demeanor.

If I were the LE I'd check if she was alive when she entered that water. Methheads aren't exactly renowned for their self control and calm demeanor.
I’ve considered that, too. Or even if a baby that little ingested meth I don’t think it would take much to kill them. If she died in a non-violent manner maybe it was thought that they could pretend there was a car accident and she drowned in the river.

I think it’s easy to wonder if something else happened here, since the story as it stands makes no sense.

I’ve considered that, too. Or even if a baby that little ingested meth I don’t think it would take much to kill them. If she died in a non-violent manner maybe it was thought that they could pretend there was a car accident and she drowned in the river.

I think it’s easy to wonder if something else happened here, since the story as it stands makes no sense.
The 72 hr hold is done tomorrow I think or did the 72 hr hold start when they found him with the needle . hopefully we hear something from le soon .

From the above linked article.

........Sweet was out on bond for unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon and possession of methamphetamine. A needle was found on him when he was rescued. Sheriff Matt Myers previously said the needle would lead to the 72-hour hold.

An autopsy for Emma was conducted in Columbus on Monday. Results have not yet been released.....

ETA: Mugshot

upload_2021-11-30_20-42-52.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member