Found Deceased UK - Jahvon Simmons, 28, outside Chesterfield Hotel, 26 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now getting on for 3 days since he was last seen. Just what has happened?

I recommend that people install the "Find My" app or a similar one on their phone and share your location with close family members so you and/or your phone can always be located if you went missing. I understand that Jahvon lost his phone here but we see so many times when a young adult disappears and days are lost trying to pinpoint exactly when and where they were last seen.

My 18 year old son did a Contiki Tour of Europe 2 years ago (just pre-Covid) and my wife and I were very worried but it was re-assuring when I could tap my phone and know exactly where his phone was if something went wrong and we needed to find him.

I don't think there will be a good outcome here unfortunately but do pray that I am wrong.

Derbyshire police has said it's growing increasingly concerned for the safety of a 28-year old man who was last seen in Derbyshire during the early hours of Friday morning, November 26.

Jahvon Simmons had been in The Association nightclub with a friend on Thursday night but they are understood to have left the venue, on Corporation Street, alone after they became separated.

Officers investigating Mr Simmons disappearance have also discovered he was last seen in Brewery Street, in Chesterfield, at 2.45am on Friday morning.

He is from the Reading area but works in Chesterfield and doesn't know the area that well.

In a statement, Derbyshire police said: "We are extremely concerned for his welfare as he is not from the area and the weather has been very poor.

"Officers are particularly keen to speak to any drivers who were in the area and may have dashcam footage from around the Brewery Road area at around 3am.

"Anyone who can help should contact the force using the 999-emergency number, quoting reference 493 of 26 November."

Serious fears for young man who vanished in Derbyshire

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed. Upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process.

Best,
Tiff

It looks like another tragic ending, unfortunately. Jahvon's aunt has posted the following on Derbyshire Constabulary Facebook page: "It is with the heaviest of hearts to let you all know Jahvon has been found but is no longer with us". There has been no official update from the police themselves, and no further details in his aunt's post to say what had happened.

Oh that is so sad. How did it happen, an accident or other? I hope the family get some answers.

It's hardly a large area and only 4 minutes walk from the last known sighting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-172650_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-172650_Maps.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211130-172853_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-172853_Maps.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 16
Tributes have started to appear online to Mr Simmons, one describing him as someone who "touched so many people with his kindness, calmness and persistence to always do the right thing, I will always treasure how proud of him we are and often told him.

"From the measure of how much concern has been expressed truly shows the measure of who he was."

Mr Simmons, who became K1 WAKO British Kickboxing Champion earlier this month, originally comes from Reading but was in Chesterfield with a friend.

Body of 'kind' and 'calm' man found in Derbyshire

That’s desperately sad. The place where he was found is only a 5 minute walk away from his last known location. Did he die of exposure, or could he have been assaulted? I haven’t read anything about any health issues he may have had.

Holbeck Close seems to have an industrial estate area. Maybe he had got so cold and presumably having been drinking, he found somewhere secluded to sleep it off, but it was so cold, he never woke up. MOO JMO

^No suspicious circumstances so I don't think he's been assaulted

Exactly "no suspicious circumstances" is police speak for no crime or other person involved.
So my 2 immediate thoughts are then suicide or drug overdose.

The British Karate and Kickboxing Association has a building just across from Holbeck Close. The only thing separating it from that road is the river.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PossumwithaMagnifyingGlas
Back