FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I just want to take a minute to welcome all the new members. It’s really a great community. You’ll never forget which case brought you here.

Take it from a long hauler, the moderators are great at keeping things civil and on track. Don’t be surprised or sad or embarrassed if one of your posts gets removed because it’s not victim (or family) friendly, or if it’s not in mainstream media. It happens to the best of us even when we’re trying hard to follow the rules.

You’ll change your mind about some cases many times. Don’t worry about that. We all have changed our minds when new info comes out.

You’ll be anguished sometimes when the facts of a case are never revealed to the public. Those cases are hard to swallow, when you’ve been so invested in them.

And one more thing, the job of LE is to close a case without jeopardizing any criminal case. They don’t owe the public any info as long as the public is safe. And they can lie to us if they have to in order to do their job.

Again, welcome! And I hope you stay awhile and look around. Good work is being done here every day!

edited to add: but PLEASE try to keep your posts within terms of service. These poor mods are volunteers. :)

I just want to take a minute to welcome all the new members. It’s really a great community. You’ll never forget which case brought you here.

Take it from a long hauler, the moderators are great at keeping things civil and on track. Don’t be surprised or sad or embarrassed if one of your posts gets removed because it’s not victim (or family) friendly, or if it’s not in mainstream media. It happens to the best of us even when we’re trying hard to follow the rules.

You’ll change your mind about some cases many times. Don’t worry about that. We all have changed our minds when new info comes out.

You’ll be anguished sometimes when the facts of a case are never revealed to the public. Those cases are hard to swallow, when you’ve been so invested in them.

And one more thing, the job of LE is to close a case without jeopardizing any criminal case. They don’t owe the public any info as long as the public is safe. And they can lie to us if they have to in order to do their job.

Again, welcome! And I hope you stay awhile and look around. Good work is being done here every day!

This.

edited to add: but PLEASE try to keep your posts within terms of service. These poor mods are volunteers. :)
Yes! I came here years ago for Elisa Lam. And then again for Hannah Graham. RIP to both but this is definitely a great forum

Was he found on the Old Palm side? I thought he was found on the east side?

He was found on the side opposite Old Palm. Its a bit confusing because the access road to the maintenance shed for the golf course is on the opposite side of Central Blvd. than the residences and main entry to Old Palm. But the residences of Old Palm are across Central from where Ryan was found. Then Central Blvd crosses over I-95 immediately after the spot he was found.

It's definitely the darkest, most uninhabited spot along there. Once across that overpass on the northbound side, there are lights along Central. If his body was left there, it's probably someone who knows this area pretty well.

So true, its such a dark portion of Central and away from any security cameras. Years ago we were out for a walk and got to chatting with someone up further along Central. Before we knew it time flew and it got dark. The walk home through that patch is very eerie.

I've followed cases here & there over the years. I can't remember one though where they intentionally withheld COD, etc. I know the reasoning and protocol as discussed many times in this thread, I just personally can't attach this happening with a case I've followed. All that to say, for the Websleuth veterans, the cases that the police keep information to themselves, are they typically one type of perp, or have you seen this occur in all sorts of cases?
I was just thinking about that. Libby and Abby in Delphi were all I could think of.

He was found on the side opposite Old Palm. Its a bit confusing because the access road to the maintenance shed for the golf course is on the opposite side of Central Blvd. than the residences and main entry to Old Palm. But the residences of Old Palm are across Central from where Ryan was found. Then Central Blvd crosses over I-95 immediately after the spot he was found.
Thank you! I drive past there everyday and always think of Old Palm on the west, the park to the east.
IMO as soon as the joggers/walkers and school traffic started someone would have noticed the bike. Based upon school start time for elementary and middle school, could someone have pulled over at 8am and not been noticed? Thinking it wouldn’t necessarily be a long stop?

could someone have pulled over at 8am and not been noticed? Thinking it wouldn’t necessarily be a long stop?
I don’t think so because 8 is when the elementary school starts and that area is swarming with parents in cars, buses, kids walking and biking to school, crossing guards, school police, etc. That would be very ballsy. IMO the police are trying to rule out that the boy was riding his bike by gathering video from the time frame they are asking for. They could use that to rattle anyone they already talked to that told them otherwise.

I don’t think so because 8 is when the elementary school starts and that area is swarming with parents in cars, buses, kids walking and biking to school, crossing guards, school police, etc. That would be very ballsy. IMO the police are trying to rule out that the boy was riding his bike by gathering video from the time frame they are asking for. They could use that to rattle anyone they already talked to that told them otherwise.

i guess I am having a hard time believing the bike was laying there and no one saw it before 9

i guess I am having a hard time believing the bike was laying there and no one saw it before 9
There also wasn’t an amber alert issued so someone may have walked right by the bike and ignored it having no idea about a boy being missing. Based on the video from the helicopter on the day he was found, it looks like he may have been concealed in the woods (IMO), so also someone could have walked right by not realizing.

There also wasn’t an amber alert issued so someone may have walked right by the bike and ignored it having no idea about a boy being missing. Based on the video from the helicopter on the day he was found, it looks like he may have been concealed in the woods (IMO), so also someone could have walked right by not realizing.
Amber Alerts are only issued if the missing child report fits specific criteria, such as there’s a suspect who took the child, the child is endangered, etc.

I hear you and I appreciate all those who are local/ who have been following this much earlier than me. And your skepticism. But the only reason that makes sense to me for LE to focus on the 6:30 to 9pm window for witnesses/dash cams is if LE believes he was dumped there or killed there by 9pm. Or his phone was dumped there in that window. Even though it was risky.

Maybe LE is focused on that window because his phone pinged and never moved after that window. Maybe they have a suspect who had opportunity in that window. Maybe his body indicated he had been in that position since at least 9pm. Maybe his time of death was in that window and they have evidence he died there.

It can be difficult to find people in the dark. Even when someone calls 911 about a vehicle crashing into a ravine, sometimes first responders don’t find it until day light… sometimes not until weeks later. It happens. Moo. 911 call: ‘...the car like disappeared inside the tree’

ETA- To address some other hypotheses offered on this thread, in my opinion and with total respect, if the goal was to prove he never went on a bike ride, it would be much easier to prove he never went on a bike ride by focusing on cameras in his neighborhood rather than on this long stretch of busy road. Jmo

Last edited:
Amber Alerts are only issued if the missing child report fits specific criteria, such as there’s a suspect who took the child, the child is endangered, etc.
I just meant that the community was not aware unless they saw a Facebook post or Nextdoor (if it was broadcast on there) about Ryan having been out on a bike ride and didn’t return home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back