Malaysia airlines MH370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #26

j-in-c
Thank you for this feedback, it is greatly appreciated, as I mentioned earlier, much of this is information that was shared early was so vague and non substantiated that it left people to think wild thoughts.

Your solid understanding of this subject and response have finally answered one of my lingering questions. This most likely was just media misinformation and the reason why the subject dropped from the conversation.

Thank you again
Bobbi Pearl

Oddly enough j-in-c this headline about evading radar and Freescale employees was just republished:

Flight MH370 and Invisibility Technology – Explica .co

I too work in the technology field, IT security to be specific, I believe that hacking, taking over, interrupting signal communications, frequency jamming, or copying / redirecting data from any computer that must communicate with other computers can be done.

Drones are remotely flown and can be flown on autopilot with navigational directions programmed in, the same as an aircraft. We have radar evasion appliances for cars today (illegal in most places), it is not a stretch to have advanced from there.

I am not saying that is what happened to MH370, but co-workers of mine can turn my fridge temp up and down, turn my oven on all while sitting on my couch with a smartphone and looking at the logo on the appliances. Appliances that did not come with a remote control or a login to use. But they are all digital and run on software now so they are technical, why do these appliances require access to the internet? They are not getting software upgrades.

I digress to share how much of our daily lives include using technologies that we have no clue what they do when we are not using them and that what can be done with computers and technology today happens as quickly as we can think it. If drones have made it to commercial use, you know that our militaries and governments have far more advanced technologies than we know about.

1. already answered.

2. Many airborne and on the waters the US & other countries joined military training events were happening all night long in two of the regions the plane potentially disappeared from.
What you are probably referring to was the annual Cobra Gold exercise. However it finished more than two weeks before MH370 went missing and was based out of Chanthabury, more than 500 miles away. Even then it was not the type of exercise that civil aircraft on regular airways would have been affected by.

3. Only 1 cell phone attempted to connect to a cell tower. 238 people turned their phone off completely?
I sometimes forgot to turn off my cellphone on flights where we overflew dozens of countries. Yet only occasionally would I get a connection message.

4. Why not send any military planes to look for the missing plane? It happened in the very early hours of the morning. In peacetime most countries do not keep aircraft on immediate standby. It takes a couple of hours to call in a crew and get them airborne. And even then it would be no use unless you knew roughly where and what to look for, particularly at night. Remember, all they knew at this stage is that they'd lost contact with it. After that intial time of confusion the thing was already 1000 miles away.

5. The MH370 pilot's home PC simulator data was sent to the FBI to review very early in the investigation. The initial report was nothing untoward was found, it was sent for deeper analysis only the US has expertise in and they found deleted flights paths. That's not correct, what they found was hundreds of waypoints, not a route. Some of which could be creatively combined to come up with a route similar to the one flown. Or if combined in other ways would create completely different routes. No conclusions could be made on the evidence available, particularly as hundreds of waypoints in the region is what you'd expect to find on it anyway.

6. Boeing collects data on engine health while planes are in flight. Regardless if MH paid for the service the data is most likely still uploaded to Boeing databases. (The engines are supplied by a 3rd party/supplier like Pratt & Whitney. )
The engines were Roll Royce Trents, and the data has been published in useable form by Rolls Royce. The MH subscription was engine data only but only limited "handshake" data was available as the Company Datalink function ceased to transmit, whether by human intervention or equipment damage is unknown.

Last edited:
Oddly enough j-in-c this headline about evading radar and Freescale employees was just republished:

Flight MH370 and Invisibility Technology – Explica .co

I too work in the technology field, IT security to be specific, I believe that hacking, taking over, interrupting signal communications, frequency jamming, or copying / redirecting data from any computer that must communicate with other computers can be done.

Drones are remotely flown and can be flown on autopilot with navigational directions programmed in, the same as an aircraft. We have radar evasion appliances for cars today (illegal in most places), it is not a stretch to have advanced from there.

Absolutely you could make a drone out of a B777. However, it is not possible to do it by remote hacking like in the movies. Route changes etc can be uplinked but require manual activation and execution. Altitude and configuration changes would not be possible due to the separation of components and system logic.
In order to make it into a drone you'd need to physically build a control module and physically wire it into the aircraft's components, This would be a major project that would take immense resources and need to be done in the hanger with a lot of people involved in research and testing. Even then you'd have to find a way to stop the pilot over-riding the automation.

It sounds like the remnants of the Chinese rocket came down in the Indian Ocean. Wouldn't it be something if MH370 was discovered while retrieving the debris?
Thinking and hoping for the same thing!
Oh well, looks like China has another 10 to go so who knows what may get shuffled out from its resting place.
Still imagining for some reason that the MH370 is encased in ice somewhere.

1. already answered.

2. Many airborne and on the waters the US & other countries joined military training events were happening all night long in two of the regions the plane potentially disappeared from.
What you are probably referring to was the annual Cobra Gold exercise. However it finished more than two weeks before MH370 went missing and was based out of Chanthabury, more than 500 miles away. Even then it was not the type of exercise that civil aircraft on regular airways would have been affected by.

3. Only 1 cell phone attempted to connect to a cell tower. 238 people turned their phone off completely?
I sometimes forgot to turn off my cellphone on flights where we overflew dozens of countries. Yet only occasionally would I get a connection message.

4. Why not send any military planes to look for the missing plane? It happened in the very early hours of the morning. In peacetime most countries do not keep aircraft on immediate standby. It takes a couple of hours to call in a crew and get them airborne. And even then it would be no use unless you knew roughly where and what to look for, particularly at night. Remember, all they knew at this stage is that they'd lost contact with it. After that intial time of confusion the thing was already 1000 miles away.

5. The MH370 pilot's home PC simulator data was sent to the FBI to review very early in the investigation. The initial report was nothing untoward was found, it was sent for deeper analysis only the US has expertise in and they found deleted flights paths. That's not correct, what they found was hundreds of waypoints, not a route. Some of which could be creatively combined to come up with a route similar to the one flown. Or if combined in other ways would create completely different routes. No conclusions could be made on the evidence available, particularly as hundreds of waypoints in the region is what you'd expect to find on it anyway.

6. Boeing collects data on engine health while planes are in flight. Regardless if MH paid for the service the data is most likely still uploaded to Boeing databases. (The engines are supplied by a 3rd party/supplier like Pratt & Whitney. )
The engines were Roll Royce Trents, and the data has been published in useable form by Rolls Royce. The MH subscription was engine data only but only limited "handshake" data was available as the Company Datalink function ceased to transmit, whether by human intervention or equipment damage is unknown.

GREAT Feedback and corrections of the actual facts ( not media hoopla ).

Really appreciate the answers, they make sense and are most likely logical human behavior and responses and not of malice or with a motive to cover up IMO.

Bobbi Pearl.

Australian authorities are still fighting for justice for MH17.
The Australian Government continues to provide millions in funding for prosecution efforts of those responsible for shooting down the Malaysian Airlines flight, which killed 298 people including 38 from Australia.
Investigators believe separatists shot down the plane in error as they thought it was a Ukrainian warplane. Russian President Vladimir Putin has denied any Russian involvement in its downing.

Last year Russia withdrew from talks with Australia and the Netherlands over its liability for the downing of the plane, after the Dutch Government filed court action against Moscow at the European Court of Human Rights.

Dutch prosecutors have also brought criminal charges against four individuals it believes were involved in shooting down the aircraft.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...g/news-story/e660fdb60a51e8628f1b758bda4295f0

Australian authorities are still fighting for justice for MH17.
The Australian Government continues to provide millions in funding for prosecution efforts of those responsible for shooting down the Malaysian Airlines flight, which killed 298 people including 38 from Australia.
Investigators believe separatists shot down the plane in error as they thought it was a Ukrainian warplane. Russian President Vladimir Putin has denied any Russian involvement in its downing.

Last year Russia withdrew from talks with Australia and the Netherlands over its liability for the downing of the plane, after the Dutch Government filed court action against Moscow at the European Court of Human Rights.

Dutch prosecutors have also brought criminal charges against four individuals it believes were involved in shooting down the aircraft.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...g/news-story/e660fdb60a51e8628f1b758bda4295f0

Here's the latest thread for the MH17 accident.

Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #4

Absolutely you could make a drone out of a B777. However, it is not possible to do it by remote hacking like in the movies. Route changes etc can be uplinked but require manual activation and execution. Altitude and configuration changes would not be possible due to the separation of components and system logic.
In order to make it into a drone you'd need to physically build a control module and physically wire it into the aircraft's components, This would be a major project that would take immense resources and need to be done in the hanger with a lot of people involved in research and testing. Even then you'd have to find a way to stop the pilot over-riding the automation.

I am not the person you were replying to but I also work in Info Sec. The whole field of hacking is essentially getting systems to behave in unintended ways.

Now Boeing will have got the 777 tested by some of the best in the business. But there is a limit to how much resource Boeing can throw at it. Penetration testers aren't cheap and project deadlines give set timelimits in which something needs to be tested.

I don't deal with aircraft so I have no clue how long the typical engagement would be on a new airline design. But at the end of it a group of x amount of people will have spent thousands of hours on everything they can think of do try get the systems to do something they weren't intended to do or find logic that the designers didn't think of or intend. They''ll have attacked it from what is available to a passenger, a crew member, pilot and any interfaces between the aircraft and satellites etc and anything they have found will be fixed. That gives assurance that it's unlikely someone like me is not going to come along and find an obvious flaw. What it doesn't however stop completely is nation states who are willing to put entire teams on open ended project to try and break it.

Very little/nothing is "unhackable" if you are willing to throw enough skilled people's time at it. Boeing will likely run hardware from 3rd parties, Operating System's they didn't build, applications from 3rd parties which a determined advisory could also target, it's not entirely within the control of Boeing to keep it secure. That's why big companies put in place ways to review the security of 3rd parties, but it's not infallible and that is why hacks happen all the time.

This is not to say MH370 was hacked or that the B777 has been compromised, I've seen no evidence to suggest it was and it would be a hell of a move by whoever did it.

Last edited:
‘It will be found’: search for MH370 continues with experts and amateurs still sleuthing
It is the ‘mystery that must be solved’ – seven-and-a-half years after the Malaysia Airlines flight disappeared with 239 people on board

When MH370 went missing, Godfrey wanted answers. So do the next-of-kin, he says, and the aviation industry, not to mention anyone who gets on a plane expecting to land safely at the other end.
‘It will be found’: search for MH370 continues with experts and amateurs still sleuthing

1. already answered.

Hi Idle Pilot, RE: your response to my question #5

I have further read and learned the reasoning and why the waypoints were considered a total flight route. The reason that they were in "bits / sections" is that whoever piloted these test flights would stop the flight mid-air, alter the fuel and coordinates and start at a new point in full flight, not take-offs and landings - they were not a bunch of flights (take off, fly around and then land) all these sections/bits were still on the one total route, high altitude- in flight start and stops - which is not in any way a normal flight path they patched together to make it appear it went that way. Not sure where you found that "no conclusions could be made" from this evidence?

Let us hope this is valid and representative data to the "impact site" and he does put his $$ where his mouth is and we do find remnants of the aircraft or proof it did impact in that 12-mile radius.

Renewed Search for Missing MH370 likely after the Discovery of New Evidence - Digital Journal

Renewed Search for Missing MH370 likely after the Discovery of New Evidence

Read more: Renewed Search for Missing MH370 likely after the Discovery of New Evidence

snipit:
American businessman Randy Rolston has released an extensive report detailing newly discovered evidence compiled by independent researchers in the disappearance of the Boeing 777. The new evidence reveals that the likely impact location of MH370 is 1130 kilometers west of Coral Bay, Western Australia. Malaysia and the 12 countries that lost citizens on flight 370 were sent copies of the report.

The 35-page report has new evidence retrieved from NASA and NOAA satellite data from March 8, 2014, pinpointing an impact location within 12 nautical miles of the last satellite communication from the aircraft in the northern Indian Ocean.

Intriguing, funny the underwater terrain looks like ice in the graphic, imo.
Thanks, from link..

''He describes the technology as a “bunch of tripwires that work in every direction over the horizon to the other side of the globe”.

As planes fly through these “tripwires” the signal is disrupted.

Mr Godfrey said he combined the new method with data from the satellite communications system onboard MH370 to track the missing plane’s doomed final flight.

“Together the two systems can be used to detect, identify and localise MH370 during its flight path into the Southern Indian Ocean,” he said.

46a720124640e6ee62813fae1a42c80d8542fbcc.jpg

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 vanished without a trace in 2014. Credit: Supplied
According to his report, the aircraft crashed about a minute after the final satellite link-up at 8.19am over the Indian Ocean.

Mr Godfrey believes the plane rests at the base of Broken Ridge, which is an oceanic plateau in an area filled with ravines and an underwater volcano.''

MH370 GDTAAA Analysis | The Search for MH370
''MH370 GDTAAA Analysis

by Richard Godfrey | Nov 30, 2021 |

MH370-Search-Area-Geoscience-pdf.jpg

The GDTAAA WSPRnet MH370 Analysis Preliminary Findings place the crash location at 33.177°S 95.300°E just 6 nm East of the 7th Arc. The report can be downloaded here

This preliminary report provides a summary of the key findings from the MH370 flight path analysis using the Global Detection and Tracking of Any Aircraft Anywhere (GDTAAA) software based on the Weak Signal Propagation Reporter (WSPR) data publicly available on the WSPRnet.

This report will be followed up by two papers. The first paper will give all the findings every two minutes during the entire flight of MH370 from 7th March 2014 16:42 UTC to 8th March 2014 00:20 UTC. The second paper will give the technical details of each detection of MH370 using the WSPRnet data and the technical details of the tracking of the MH370 flight path.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back