Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

·
2h

“It’s a hoax. Sign is not there.” The Laundries are not selling their North Port home, family attorney Steve Bertolino told me. This comes after a report surfaced showing a For Sale sign on their front lawn. Was it possibly Photoshopped?
1f914.svg
https://bit.ly/3rnzjtq #HeyJB
@WFLA

wfla.com
Laundrie’s not selling North Port family home, attorney says
Although Laundrie was named a person of interest in her killing, he was never charged with Petito’s murder. He was suspected of debit card fraud and withdrawing more than $1,000 from an unnamed acc…

If you are one of the handful of sleuthers still working over the details of this case, this is for you. :D

If you are over all of that, please scroll and roll. :)

SIGHTINGS
as reported by MSM

@macross828
GP+BL
Zion National Park, UT
Instagram video
Publicized- 10/17 The U.S. Sun
Brian & Gabby NEW video - Couple 'seen holding hands' weeks before murder

Delicate Arch Photos
husband, wife, and brother-in-law wish to remain anonymous
Aug 10
GP+BL
Delicate Arch, Arches National Park, UT
Publicized- 10/21 NYP
New photos among the last of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie together

Jaye Foster + GF, skateboard couple
Aug 10, for approx 40-45 mins
GP+BL
Delicate Arch parking lot, near Moab, UT
Publicized- 9/13 Daily Beast…
This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

LI Mom To Missing Daughter: ‘We Just Need To See You Again’

Cops speak with TikTok ‘witness’ who claims she picked up Gabby Petito boyfriend

Kicks 66
Aug 21, pm
GP + male
SLC, UT
Publicized- 9/15 Daily Mail
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Perkin’s restaurant cashier
around Aug 24
GP
Fairfield Inn lobby, SLC, UT
Publicized- 9/15 Daily Mail
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Shannon Baker + Russell Baker
Aug 25, 5pm
Van
Jenny Lake parking area
Reported- to LE no later than 9/13
Publicized- 9/17 various outlets
‘We saw the Florida tag’: Spring Hill couple spotted Gabby Petito’s van at Grand Teton National Park | WFLA

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Wendy Woolstenhulme
Aug 25 or 26, afternoon, 15/20 mins
GP+BL
Rustic Row, Victor, ID
Reported- to FBI after she saw GP on news
Publicized- 9/17 EIN…
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News

Jackson Hole-area tips may assist in search for Gabby Petito

Sunny/Sonnie Mason
Aug 25 or 26
GP+BL
Victor Emporium, Victor, ID
Publicized- no later than 9/25
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

Brian 'forced Gabby to say she was his fiancé' at store 'hours before she died'

Jessica Schultz
Aug 26, 8pm - Aug 28
BL with van
Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, WY
Reported- 9/16 FBI
Publicized- SF Chronicle 9/20, TikTok, Instagram
TikTok

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Hunter Mannies + friend
Aug 26, 10/1030pm - 1150pm/1210am
Bullwinkle’s, West Yellowstone, Montana
Reported- 9/16 spoke with FBI 40+ mins
Publicized- 9/27 NYP…
Tourist claims he saw 'mad' Brian Laundrie alone in bar

Man believes he talked to Brian Laundrie days before Gabby Petito's disappearance: 'It was an odd encounter'

Mansfield man describes his encounter with Brian Laundrie

Did Louisiana Man Meet Gabby Petito's Fiance Before Her Death

Nina Celie Angelo + Matt England
Aug 27, 1/2pm
GP+BL
Merry Piglets, Jackson Hole, WY
Reported- by ME to FBI 9/22
Publicized- NA posted to Instagram after release of body cam footage…
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...restaurant-hours-before-gabby-petito-vanished

Gabby Petito Cried as Brian Laundrie Argued With Restaurant Staff: New Witnesses

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Includes full abc7 video 9/23 (I can never get abc7 video links to play)
Instagrammer details explosive argument between Petito, Laundrie

Merry Piglets, restaurant
Aug 27, 1/2pm
GP+BL
Merry Piglets, Jackson, WY
Reported- to FBI 9/22
Publicized- 9/22 reluctantly…DM screenshot released by second party, confirmed presence of GP+BL and notification of FBI with Instagram and FB posts after
Influencer saw 'huge blowout' between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant | Daily Mail Online

Instagrammer details sitting next to Gabby Petito at restaurant during chaotic scene

CNN.com - Transcripts

New details emerge about Brian Laundrie's behavior in the days after his fiance went missing - CNN

Timeline: Petito's final days

Brian Laundrie & Gabby Petito involved in incident in Wyoming restaurant in late August

Bethunes
Aug 27, 6/630pm
Van + ?
Reported- 9/19 1208am called FBI, 1am submitted video
Publicized- 9/19 am, after reporting on YouTube, Instagram…

Family travel vloggers share video they believe shows Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's van around time of her disappearance

Family believes they spotted Gabby Petito's white van on trip in Grand Teton National Park

Florida travel bloggers video places Gabby Petito’s van in camp area where authorities recovered body | WFLA

Full interview: Woman who spotted Gabby Petito's likely van

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...abby-petito-van-wyoming-blogger-b1923783.html

door closing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvbr58tX9NV8vNu7xBFwqg

Tyler Valentine + friend, elk spotters
Aug 29
Reported- 9/17
Publicized- 9/17 reporter on the scene, Garna Mejia, KSL
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

Miranda Baker
Aug 29, 530pm - 609pm
BL
CBV to Jackson Dam, hitchhiking
Reported- 9/14 to NPPD, 9/15 to FBI
Publicized- 9/17 TikTok, did not respond to multiple requests for interviews
TikTok

Cops speak with TikTok ‘witness’ who claims she picked up Gabby Petito boyfriend

Woman Claims She Picked Up Brian Laundrie While He Was Hitchhiking in Wyoming in Viral TikTok Videos

TikToker says she picked up Brian Laundrie hitchhiking in Grand Teton

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Woman tells GMA she picked up Laundrie as hitchhiker in Wyoming, days after last call by Petito

Woman recalls “red flag” after giving ride to a hitchhiking Brian Laundrie

Norma Jean Jalovec
Aug 29, 615/620pm -640pm
BL
Near Pacific Creek Landing to Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area/Moran Vista entrance gate, hitchhiking
Reported- to FBI after seeing MB TikTok, prior to 9/23
Publicized- 9/23 Fox…
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

Woman Who Drove Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie Noticed 'Nothing Extraordinary' — Until They Got Near Van

I am aware of many other alleged sightings. If anyone has MSM links to other sightings, please let me know. I would be pleased to add them to this reference.
That's awesome work @jjonez! Thank you for doing this. Did you add it to the media page?

I’m note sure on the depth; especially when it flooded. If I remember correctly, I think it was reported BL’s parents indicated this was a place BL enjoyed and had been to multiple times. I don’t remember the source and could be wrong. MOO. I would think someone intent on ending their life wouldn’t think about what’s going to happen to their body afterwards. I do think they’d want to be somewhere that brought them pleasant memories and comfort as they ended their life. JMO/MOO
I appreciate your views, and I’ve read that some suicides do care about providing some solace for the ones they left behind with written notes, preferred funeral arrangements,
and even their last bequeaths to loved ones and friends.
Many will call 911 to report a death and then kill themselves so that their body is found quickly and preserved for funeral services. Some go to a hotel, knowing that room service would find them the next day.
Many will commit the act in a location that would not forever ruin the memories of those they’re leaving behind and spare them from having to relive the sight every time they pass by. But some intentionally commit the act to do just the opposite by causing shocking horror in a familiar place, such as at home, so that the ugly memory is a constant reminder. Regarding BL, he IMO, didn’t die in peace and comfort, he died a frightened and lost man, IMO. And I think he chose that particular location because he (or some one else) didn’t want him to be found or knew that the environment there would certainly leave little left to be found, including any evidence. Now every time the L family drives by the Preserve, they’ll only have memories
of what took place there. IMO

Do sales by owner get listed on Zillow?
I wouldn’t think so, in fact some realtors hold a bit of a grudge when a private seller comes to them later for their services after they couldn’t sell it themselves. IMO

Here is one research answer. The link has added links one can read.

Weapon location following suicidal gunshot wounds - PubMed

574 suicide by a gun, revolver/handgun, but not a long gun the following was determined…

76 cases the gun location could not be decided.
498 cases left

24%-26.7% of the time the gun stayed in hand
69% gun was near or on the body
30 cm or 11.8 inches gun near body not in hand
7% of the time the gun was found less the 30cm or 11.8 inches from body

IMO….I don’t think the gun will ever be found. I don’t think an alligator ate it either. I do think the gun was near the body at one point but not in the hand when the body was found. I do hope authorities find some answers.
This may be a silly question, but do metal detectors work under water?

Lets think realistically, your daughter stops answering her phone , your future son-in-law doesn't answer. Your potential inlaws don't answer. You find out your daughters van is with the potential SIL and potential In Laws without your daughter in sight! What would you do? Pussy foot around or hammer on a door? I know what I would do!

That's awesome work @jjonez! Thank you for doing this. Did you add it to the media page?
Yes. Absolutely Amazing @jjonez !
Many thanks.
I wanted to ask, in all of your research, did you come across any reports debunking the photo of “BL” taken on 9/17/21?
The one taken by a curious neighbor and his grandmother, a few blocks from the Laundrie home, it’s of BL or double, strolling with earbuds in and a “Hangover” tee-shirt on. TIA

Many thanks.
I wanted to ask, in all of your research, did you come across any reports debunking the photo of “BL” taken on 9/17/21?
The one taken by a curious neighbor and his grandmother, a few blocks from the Laundrie home, it’s of BL or double, strolling with earbuds in and a “Hangover” tee-shirt on. TIA

Thanks, and you are welcome.:)

I know the sighting to which you refer. In my strange, compartmentalized mind the BL sightings after arrival in north port are a separate category, lol.
Tho I remain unconvinced, I have looked into that sighting. Iirc, it has never been officially confirmed nor officially debunked. I posted about it before, I’ll see if I can find it…

all moo.

Many thanks.

Lol, that conversation was with you!
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82
I’m afraid I don’t recall the source, sorry.
Moo.

Lol, that conversation was with you!
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82
I’m afraid I don’t recall the source, sorry.
Moo.
Thanks. Last I searched LE had not debunked it, and no one came forward to claim ownership, so to speak. I read a rather in-depth account of the event by the young man who took the photo. It may have been on his IG page. If I find it, I’ll post it.

here’s one article.
Man who looks identical to boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito photographed by onlooker - Eminetra.co.uk

Last edited:
Thanks. Last I searched LE had not debunked it, and no one came forward to claim ownership, so to speak. I read a rather in-depth account of the event by the young man who took the photo. It may have been on his IG page. If I find it, I’ll post it.

here’s one article.
Man who looks identical to boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito photographed by onlooker - Eminetra.co.uk
That is what makes it curious to me.

I don’t believe that I have seen the in depth account to which you refer. If you come across it, I would love to see it.

And I will check out this article, I know I haven’t seen that either. Great sleuthing, thanks!

I wouldn’t think so, in fact some realtors hold a bit of a grudge when a private seller comes to them later for their services after they couldn’t sell it themselves. IMO
I sold my house on Zillow in 2017 in 4 days. Had several realtors immediately reach out to see if they could show my home to their client, and of course I said yes! It’s good to collaborate with realtors because they have all the proper paperwork (and buyers!), and you only pay half the commission, but it’s time consuming and a lot of work... I could have saved even more if a buyer came to me directly, but that’s not what happened in my case. All six potential buyers brought their realtor, and I got an excellent offer right away. This would be a great cost saving strategy for the Laundries, and they own rental property so would likely be more familiar with real estate processes than most people. IMO

rsbm

I don't know if Eminetra is an approved source here or not but they're not an actual news site (no reporters). They come up quite frequently in my Google Alerts (along with a couple of other Scrape and auto-post sites ) and I've gotten so I just delete them.

An article about their TOS
https://oaklandnewsnow.com/eminetra...-want-its-website-scraped-in-funny-paragraph/

TOS on their site:
Terms of Service - Eminetra

rsbm

I don't know if Eminetra is an approved source here or not but they're not an actual news site (no reporters). They come up quite frequently in my Google Alerts (along with a couple of other Scrape and auto-post sites ) and I've gotten so I just delete them.

An article about their TOS
Eminetra Scrapes Websites Without Permission But Doesn't Want Its Website Scraped In Funny Paragraph - Oakland News Now - SF Bay Area, East Bay, California, World

TOS on their site:
Terms of Service - Eminetra
They seem to be quoting a New York Post article. The photo was widely circulated at that time, especially when the neighbor gave the interview on video of BL crossing the yard. I’ll try to unearth that video. I’m sure others saw it. She was sitting on lawn chair on her front patio area.

Here are other “reputable?” Links:
Photo shows person who looks like Brian Laundrie walking Florida street

Every recent reported sighting of Brian Laundrie

Police say they're investigating an unconfirmed picture of a man who looks a 'heck' of a lot like Brian Laundrie

ETA. Video of Jen talking to reporter about BL crossing the yard in 9/17/21. It was also posted on Twitter. Laundrie 'seen running out of his backyard the day parents reported him missing'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member