MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he was the bully, not the bullied.

He could have been bullied in the past, and now well, he is the aggressor.
Could this have been predicted and stopped... pondering liability, not really asking...

yes. All the red flags were there, but did the parents know he owned guns? What was he in trouble for? Spitballs, or being late or making death threats?
It would depend on what he was in trouble for and what red flags the teachers noted.

He could have been bullied in the past, and now well, he is the aggressor.

yes. All the red flags were there, but did the parents know he owned guns? What was he in trouble for? Spitballs, or being late or making death threats?
It would depend on what he was in trouble for and what red flags the teachers noted.

The gun was his dad's that was just bought on Black Friday.

The gun was his dad's that was just bought on Black Friday.

If the school only sees a small silver of his life it might make it harder to ascertain if he is going to shoot up a school. If he made threats, was violent, etc then they have enough info. It all depends on what that meeting was about. Perhaps he told them he was being bullied and teachers shrugged it off and it set him off. I can only guess because I don't have any info.

PICTURED: 'Bullied' Michigan high school shooter Ethan Crumbley | Daily Mail Online

Michigan high school gunman Ethan Crumbley met with parents and teachers three hours before he murdered four classmates in a rampage on Wednesday for a meeting to discuss his 'behavior'.

At 10am that morning, his mother and father Jennifer and James were called into Oxford High School for a meeting with teachers about Ethan's behavior. It's unclear what prompted the meeting, but it was the second time Ethan had been called in in two days. On Monday, he met with teachers alone.

Police say there was no record of the teenager being bullied - as other students have claimed - and prosecutors revealed at his arraignment that he had detailed in a journal found in his backpack how he wanted to shoot students at the school.

I really cringe when the media starts saying these school shooters were bullied. Imo, they are anti social creeps who are the bullies. They are child versions of adult injustice collectors.

Also moo.

All the parents had to do was look at his social media to see he was disturbed.I find it hard to believe they were that clueless and I'm sorry but no guns should have ever been brought into that household with a troubled child.

I really cringe when the media starts saying these school shooters were bullied. Imo, they are anti social creeps who are the bullies. They are child versions of adult injustice collectors.

Also moo.

I agree that many bullies are injustice collectors or grudge hoarders. Think Lori Drew, Jennifer Petkov, Kayla Narey, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Elliot Rodger, and Nikolas Cruz.

Many school shooters have a history of bullying.
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/bullying_school_shootings_1.2_0.pdf

I hope they do bring charges against the parents. It’s negligent at the very least to have had that gun accessible to a kid. As the only adults in the situation they should have made better decisions. I’m very conflicted about charging juveniles as adults because of their brains and impulse control not being fully developed. But I also don’t see how anyone would be ok letting this guy out after 6 or 7 years with this amount of carnage.

Oxford High School officials met with suspected shooter’s parents just hours before the shooting
''On Tuesday night Bouchard reported that Crumbley had seven rounds left. He corrected that number on Wednesday.

“When I said last night that he had seven rounds left, he actually had 18,” Bouchard said.''

''The meeting happened around 10 a.m. The shooting was reported to police at 12:51 p.m.

“I can tell you he came out of the bathroom with the firearm and began shooting. I can’t tell you if he loaded it in there,” Bouchard said.''
PHDAQFJVWFDF5C4N4K2BUHK4FY.jpg

Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of Ethan Crumbley, at his Dec. 1, 2021, arraignment. (WDIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021