FL - Sara Morales, 35, shot dead by motorcyclist she hit with car, Orange City, 20 Nov 2021

What is known is that she retrieved a weapon from inside her home after intentionally striking somebody, then leaving the scene.

What is not known is her intentions. She evidently pointed at other people- none of whom were trying to enter her home. Thus, her intention may of been to harm others with the weapon.

Her being pregnant increases the tragedy. Her being female does not excuse her actions.
She is not here to give her side of the story because three men chased a pregnant woman to her home and would not leave. MOO

She is not here to give her side of the story because three men chased a pregnant woman to her home and would not leave. MOO
Sadly, that if often the case with self defense claims.

At the end of the day, however, she apparently chose to intentionally hit another vehicle, then leave the scene.

People choosing to do these things need to realize that they might be followed. If they then choose to go home, they might be followed to their house.

I would support some criminal charges against the biker if he was illegally blocking traffic and thereby provoked the initial confrontation. I might be supportive of criminal charges if they were pounding on the door and refused to leave.

I, however, dont think the deceased gender is important in and of itself. In contrast, a woman pointing a weapon at somebody on a public street is just as dangerous as any man. Likewise, women have the same level of responsibility regarding weapons as any man.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly who is the victim here from either a legal or ethical sense, but I'm 99% certain that Ms. Morales would be alive today had she not come out of her house and pointed a gun at someone. She called the cops, help was presumably on the way, and yet she chose to exit the house and point a gun at someone-a clear act of aggression.

I think her intention or lack thereof in the wreck is less important than her choice to point a deadly weapon at someone.

Sadly, that if often the case with self defense claims.

At the end of the day, however, she apparently chose to intentionally hit another vehicle, then leave the scene.

People choosing to do these things need to realize that they might be followed. If they then choose to go home, they might be followed to their house. Likewise, what is known is that she was also armed- and capable of using that weapon as was the male.

The gender of the deceased is not important in an of itself. The fact that she was pregnant is a tragedy. I would support some criminal charges against the biker if he was illegally blocking traffic and thereby provoked the initial confrontation.
No, you do not know if she hit his vehicle intentionally. You only have the bully boys who chased her's word for that. Do you really condone three men chasing down a female and refusing to leave her home? How much damage did she do to his bike when he was still able to chase her down. And the gender is important to these bullies.

No, you do not know if she hit his vehicle intentionally. You only have the bully boys who chased her's word for that. Do you really condone three men chasing down a female and refusing to leave her home? How much damage did she do to his bike when he was still able to chase her down. And the gender is important to these bullies.
This source states that investigators determined that the deceased intentionally hit the other vehicle.
Pregnant librarian killed in alleged road rage incident was aggressor, police say

That aside, are you sure that they refused to leave her home? Might they have been waiting on a public street? Likewise, following somebody leaving the scene of an accident (either intentional or accidental) is not "bullying".

As Azure mentioned, had she not pointed a weapon at another person (gender not important), she would be alive today.

Even still, I would support some criminal charges against the bikers if they were illegally blocking traffic and provoked the initial confrontation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly who is the victim here from either a legal or ethical sense, but I'm 99% certain that Ms. Morales would be alive today had she not come out of her house and pointed a gun at someone. She called the cops, help was presumably on the way, and yet she chose to exit the house and point a gun at someone-a clear act of aggression.

I think her intention or lack thereof in the wreck is less important than her choice to point a deadly weapon at someone.
I really wish she had stayed inside with her gun. She could have stayed on the phone with 911, had her gun in her lap, and watched them trough the curtains, until cops arrived.

AD wasn’t injured and there wasn’t any damage to his motorcycle reported, but has anyone found anything about any damage to her car?

This link is supposed to be the Orange County Police Department Facebook with several thousand comments. If it doesn’t work for you let me know I will repost it.

Last edited:
This source states that investigators determined that the deceased intentionally hit the other vehicle.
Pregnant librarian killed in alleged road rage incident was aggressor, police say

That aside, are you sure that they refused to leave her home? Might they have been waiting on a public street? Likewise, following somebody leaving the scene of an accident (either intentional or accidental) is not "bullying".

As Azure mentioned, had she not pointed a weapon at another person (gender not important), she would be alive today.

Even still, I would support some criminal charges against the bikers if they were illegally blocking traffic and provoked the initial confrontation.
Really? Investigators found that? No doubt from evidence from the three men who chased her? I cannot believe this. They had to have gun pointed at her, to be able to shoot her dead, wouldn't you think?

I am sure those bikers were just waiting, armed on a public street. What damage was done in the 'accident'? Did not seem to inhibit them chasing her.

Yeah? Chasing her home on bikes was not an act of aggression? What happened to defending your home?

I am sure those bikers were just waiting, armed on a public street. What damage was done in the 'accident'? Did not seem to inhibit them chasing her.
I can’t find anything that indicates she suffered any damage to her car, if there was I would think the police would report it. They did say it was a minor incident. It does not seem to be the “violent road rage” hyperbole in the headlines.

Who said she pointed a gun at him? AD. I wonder how close to her door he was when he shot her.

I’m just going to wait and see if anything else trickles out about this, as things usually do.

Last edited:
Really? Investigators found that? No doubt from evidence from the three men who chased her? I cannot believe this. They had to have gun pointed at her, to be able to shoot her dead, wouldn't you think?
The report I heard on talk radio, KABC, was that she was the first one to point a weapon at anyone.

Supposedly, when the motorcyclists arrived, they announced they had called the police on her for a hit and run. She then went inside and got her gun and came back and pointed it at them.

It was AFTER she got her gun that one of the men pulled theirs out, in response. So I can see why she would be the aggressor.

Were there were witnesses that she rammed into his motorcycle on purpose? I'd like to know if there were witnesses besides his friends though.

Yeah? Chasing her home on bikes was not an act of aggression? What happened to defending your home?
It would not be an act of aggression if they were following a Hit and Run driver and had called 911, which is reportedly what they did.

They reportedly did not pull any weapons out until she went inside and came back with a weapon.

Unless they tried to enter her home, she really cant defend it. Likewise, shooting people who refuse to leave a yard is a stretch.

The bikers have the exact same second amendment rights as she and I do. As a further side note, the biker who shot her was not wearing anything remotely similar to "2%" / outlaw biker patches etc.

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to self-defense. Therefore I can’t in good faith deny that AD doesn’t deserve that right.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe new information will come out, as it often does. I still have a lot of questions and doubts.

I cannot believe this. Nor can the rest of the civilised world.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I am completely shocked and saddened that this woman & her unborn child are deceased.

She is not here to give her side of the story. Are there any independent witnesses?

Being a pregnant woman, alone in a car, faced with 3 bikers blocking the road ( & then 3 angry bikers ( armed) trying to detain her, & then chasing her home) it is understandable to me, that she may have feared for her safety & that of her unborn child ( & possibly any other children in the home)

When pregnant, most women become very protective of the unborn child. It is a huge responsibility & there’s a strong innate instinct to put the baby’s safety above all else.
You act differently, you don’t take unnecessary risks.

She raced home & was phoning the police.

We don’t know exactly what went down, unless there is more evidence ( the 911 operator may have heard some of the altercation)

I appreciate that I ( we) don’t know the full story ( eg if the people involved were known to each other?) but I am shocked & in disbelief that this type of incident happened….. & keeps on happening.

Mightily glad that here in the UK I would more likely to be punched than shot dead during an altercation.

This is My Opinion Only.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I am completely shocked and saddened that this woman & her unborn child are deceased.

She is not here to give her side of the story. Are there any independent witnesses?

Being a pregnant woman, alone in a car, faced with 3 bikers blocking the road ( & then 3 angry bikers ( armed) trying to detain her, & then chasing her home) it is understandable to me, that she may have feared for her safety & that of her unborn child ( & possibly any other children in the home)

When pregnant, most women become very protective of the unborn child. It is a huge responsibility & there’s a strong innate instinct to put the baby’s safety above all else.
You act differently, you don’t take unnecessary risks.

She raced home & was phoning the police.

We don’t know exactly what went down, unless there is more evidence ( the 911 operator may have heard some of the altercation)

I appreciate that I ( we) don’t know the full story ( eg if the people involved were known to each other?) but I am shocked & in disbelief that this type of incident happened….. & keeps on happening.

Mightily glad that here in the UK I would more likely to be punched than shot dead during an altercation.

This is My Opinion Only.
You conveniently left out the fact that she hit one of them and left the scene. She also went into her house and retrieved a gun. She could have stayed inside with her gun until the police arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it could potentially be a dangerous situation, I do believe that it is reasonable to follow someone after they have hit you and then taken off. Minor damage on any mode of transportation can be pretty expensive. If you don’t have the other persons name and insurance information, you’ll end up paying for that. It may come from your insurance but you still end up paying for it in the long run. I don’t know why this lady did not barricade her self inside of her home and wait for police to get there. I wish she was here to explain her point of view but unfortunately some really bad decisions led to that outcome.

You conveniently left out the fact that she hit one of them and left the scene. She also went into her house and retrieved a gun. She could have stayed inside with her gun until the police arrived.
I don't get this. Three obviously armed men are chasing her and you seem critical that when she gets home, she gets her gun. Why isn't she allowed the gun to protect herself in her own home? Those men could have got her car number and called police too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back