VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256258192.html

Ghislaine Maxwell accuser faces harsh grilling over inconsistencies at sex trafficking trial…

Experts say that most sex abuse victims — particularly those who have been abused when they were young — have inconsistencies in their stories. Wendy Murphy, a former Massachusetts prosecutor who teaches a course on sexual violence law at New England Law Boston, explained that while such inconsistencies matter, they don’t typically sway juries. “Every juror has told a story differently,” she said. “If you were perfectly consistent, that would be less credible.”

@molcranenewman

Grooming occurs in 5 stages, says Rocchio: - Obtaining access to the victim - Isolating them for abuse - Engaging in deception to build trust/attachment - Desensitizing the victim to sexual talk/touch - Process of control, to allow continuation of abuse and prevent disclosure
@kbriquelet

Right now Dr. Lisa Rocchio is testifying for the gov't about the stages of grooming, which can involve "gift giving" & building relationships with a victim's parents. Children in households with financial hardship are at higher risk

@jruss_jruss
Maxwell defense attorney Jeffrey Pagliuca hoarsely asks the forensic psychology expert if she's familiar with concepts of confabulation and malingering.

“My grandfather used to take me to the Bronx Zoo and I liked it, was that an example of grooming," Pagliuca asks hypothetically.

@MartaDhanis

#JeffreyEpstein's former housekeeper Juan Alessi is now taking the stand. He had previously worked at Les Wexner mother’s house

What a bizarre and corrupt process this legal proceeding is.
It is so apparent, as others have pointed out, that there are many undercurrents going on. This is on all sides, IMO.
The first is the obvious elephant in the room, which is the suspicious death of JE. Associated with this, IMO, is also a need to make someone pay.
The second is the powerful men who are associated, but suspiciously not implicated, in this.
The third is the obvious using of the victims by both sides of the case. No one seems to care about what they have to go through. Based on yesterday's testimony there was obviously such pain. I think that JD was groomed from a very young age. It is horrible. But, I think that the cross did show that the prosecution is also manipulating JD to change details of her recall of events from two years ago in order to fit the charges against GM by using uncertainty of timeline against her.

I am probably a minority here but I think the GM charges are enhanced to pressure her on implicating others. I think the "non-implicated others" implicitly have pressured GM and the victims not to implicate them through the death of JE. I think the prosecution is manipulating the narrative to ensure that (the truly despicable, IMO) GM pays the price that (the truly depraved) JE should have. The defense wants to cast doubt on the victim's entire story to discredit her.

This is a nasty case where so far only the rich and powerful are benefitting. It is not about making GM pay for the crimes that she did commit or for getting justice for JE's and GM's victims.

MOO.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/with_replies

Jurors remained attentive during her testimony. On direct, Rocchio delivered testimony largely to them, and they maintained eye contact largely throughout. — Especially as she described the "five stages" of grooming.

They roughly break down to: 1) Selection and identification of victims. 2) Obtaining access to victims. 3) Lies, deception and manipulation. 4) Desensitization to sexual content 5) Maintaining control

One female juror nodded as she got to number three.

What a bizarre and corrupt process this legal proceeding is.
It is so apparent, as others have pointed out, that there are many undercurrents going on. This is on all sides, IMO.
The first is the obvious elephant in the room, which is the suspicious death of JE. Associated with this, IMO, is also a need to make someone pay.
The second is the powerful men who are associated, but suspiciously not implicated, in this.
The third is the obvious using of the victims by both sides of the case. No one seems to care about what they have to go through. Based on yesterday's testimony there was obviously such pain. I think that JD was groomed from a very young age. It is horrible. But, I think that the cross did show that the prosecution is also manipulating JD to change details of her recall of events from two years ago in order to fit the charges against GM by using uncertainty of timeline against her.

I am probably a minority here but I think the GM charges are enhanced to pressure her on implicating others. I think the "non-implicated others" implicitly have pressured GM and the victims not to implicate them through the death of JE. I think the prosecution is manipulating the narrative to ensure that (the truly despicable, IMO) GM pays the price that (the truly depraved) JE should have. The defense wants to cast doubt on the victim's entire story to discredit her.

This is a nasty case where so far only the rich and powerful are benefitting. It is not about making GM pay for the crimes that she did commit or for getting justice for JE's and GM's victims.

MOO.
Insightful analysis @Kingsley. Agree this trial is all about"someone must pay". GM is the low hanging fruit. She knows more about JE's sex trafficking empire than anyone and allegedly was actively involved. Will GM be found guilty? Will GM name names? Does she have leverage? I suspect there is serious tension among folks in high places this holiday season.

More to come:

Juan Alessi is back on the witness stand.

Alessi is describing Epstein's Palm Beach house, using a blueprint of it submitted into evidence.

How it looks from the outside.

Earlier, Alessi said he was the one who painted it pink for Epstein:

They've moved from the drawing of the first floor of the house to one of the second floor.

As this foundational testimony continues, some highlights from what he said during the morning session.

Telling jurors he'll be turning 72 within weeks, Alessi is from Quito, Ecuador.

Referring to Maxwell, Alessi said: "She called me 'John.' Mr. Epstein called me 'John.' My name is 'Juan."

"She was a pretty girl," Alessi said of Maxwell. "Tall. Brunette."

He recalled Maxwell being with Epstein "95%" of the time.

Alessi described his relationship with Epstein as initially "cordial." When Maxwell came in, it turned "professional."

He says Maxwell told him: "Jeffrey doesn't like to be looked at in the eyes."

Hours were long: between 5 a.m. to 9 to 10 p.m., he testified.

When he first identified Maxwell this morning, he appeared to struggle for a moment. Maxwell's face was obscured by a face mask, but as their eyes met, she nodded at him.

"I think she is with the black sweater," he said, correctly.

Epstein and Maxwell were exacting, he indicated.

"The cars had to be immaculate," he said. "The house had to be run like a five-star hotel."

Alessi on Maxwell:

"She would sleep in Mr. Epstein's bedroom."

Alessi said he'd see "many, many, many, many" "females" in Epstein's house. (I don't have an exact count of the "many-s."

Most of them appeared to be in their late 20s, 20s, he said.

Asked if he saw "females" by the pool, he replied "hundreds of times."

Asked what percentage of the time they were topless, he said about 75% to 80% of the time.

Adam Klasfeld, Managing Editor, Law & Crime has resumed tweeting:

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
46m

Good afternoon from New York. Ghislaine Maxwell's trial resumes with testimony from Juan Alessi, who was in charge of running Jeffrey Epstein's house. This morning, he told jurors Maxwell told him Epstein "didn't like to be looked at in the eyes." Follow me live,
@LawCrimeNews

Asked how many times he flew on Epstein's plane, Alessi initially responded "none" — then corrects himself.

He did take a ride on Epstein's first plane, the Hawker. That's this one.

He didn't hitch a ride on Epstein's Boeing (left) or Gulfstream (right).

Alessi complained about the lengthy checklist of tasks they had him perform, which he said was made for 10 men, not one and a half.

He called it "very degrading" to him.

On redirect, AUSA Comey leads Alessi through the checklist described earlier. "See nothing. Say nothing," one bullet said. "Respect their privacy." Asked what he understood that meant,

Alessi replied: "I was supposed to be blind, deaf [...] to say nothing."

"Never disclose" Mr. Epstein or Ms. Maxwell's "whereabouts or activities," another bullet point said, according to Alessi.

Important bullet point: —"Check fence for holes where Max can get out." That's Maxwell's "Yorkie."

Remember "Jane's" testimony? She testified when she met Maxwell, she was walking with a "cute little Yorkie."

Among stationary that Alessi was expected to tend to: "Two sizes of Ghislaine Maxwell and Lady Ghislaine notepads." Ghislaine Maxwell's father Robert Maxwell named his yacht the "Lady Ghislaine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member