GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

She must serve a minimum of 29 before she can be considered for parole.

Oh good! I thought she would serve 3 thirds of that which would be far too lenient!

I am however shocked that 30 years wasn’t the starting point for ET. What she did to Arthur was bad enough to warrant a much longer minimum sentence IMO

I think Olivias statement is so beautiful, she doesnt mention ET or TH in it, I dont know if i would have been that restrained
“Ms Hughes: "I have also listened to barbed comments by a witness that the death of Arthur did not affect him, which is sickening and abhorrent”

Yeah this threw me too, who is she referring to?

These are long sentences, the judge is bloody brilliant!
The position of trust as a father and what Arthur was entitled to expect from him makes TH far more responsible than her for Arthur's protection, safety and wellbeing, IMO. I think it's disgraceful, 14 years prison for what he did. I do respect your opinion though.

14:02TONY LARNER
"I have no doubt Arthur was regularly beaten by both of you'
We are hoping to receive copies of Judge Walls' full remarks. But here are a few key quotes.

He described the cases as one of the most 'distressing and disturbing' he had ever presided over.

Judge Wall emphasised Arthur was 'vulnerable' when he was moved into Tustin's home upon the announcement of lockdown.

He said: "I have no doubt Arthur was regularly beaten by both of you, each was aware of what the other was doing."

Judge Wall concluded Hughes deliberately researched 'pressure points' to inflict 'maximum pain' on Arthur.

He described Arthur as 'emaciated', with his ribs showing through his skin.

Dad and stepmum guilty of brutally killing Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

Last edited:
14:02TONY LARNER
"I have no doubt Arthur was regularly beaten by both of you'
We are hoping to receive copies of Judge Walls' full remarks. But here are a few key quotes.

He described the cases as one of the most 'distressing and disturbing' he had ever presided over.

Judge Wall emphasised Arthur was 'vulnerable' when he was moved into Tustin's home upon the announcement of lockdown.

He said: "I have no doubt Arthur was regularly beaten by both of you, each was aware of what the other was doing."

Judge Wall concluded Hughes deliberately researched 'pressure points' to inflict 'maximum pain' on Arthur.

He described Arthur as 'emaciated', with his ribs showing through his skin.

God even the judge is saying how distressing this case has been and I would say he has seen alot in his day

The position of trust as a father and what Arthur was entitled to expect from him makes TH far more responsible than her for Arthur's protection, safety and wellbeing, IMO. I think it's disgraceful, 14 years prison for what he did. I do respect your opinion though.
I agree, but 21 years is a lot better than I thought it would be.

14 years. Like think back to 2007, not that long ago.

Imagine that ET had not “lost her *advertiser censored***** s***”. And TH had continued to deny Arthur food and beat him and abuse him with the long list of tortures. Arthur would surely have died within days. And then TH would surely have gone down for murder as the primary caregiver. He had nearly killed him. He had deliberately pushed and pushed Arthur down the long hill to death. And she stepped in and finished it off. If she had not done so, the sentences would probably have been reversed.

TH got away with murder because ET murdered Arthur.

14:06TONY LARNER
'Subjected to unimaginable suffering'
Judge Wall stated he was sure Tustin had administered a 'huge' dose of salt to Arthur before the fatal attack as well as smaller doses for 'some time' before.

He said: "It is the only explanation that we heard Arthur crying out for food only for him to reject the food you prepared for him. It explains why you were restricting his access to free water for some time."

Judge Wall added: "In the last three months of Arthur's life he was subjected to unimaginable suffering at the hands of both of you."

He stated they both 'told lies to conceal what was happening' by Tustin's account to social services and Hughes' account to the school.

I saw the footage on the news last night, of Arthur trying to move his bedding, but barely able to because of how injured and weak he was, and then begging to be fed and repeating “no one loves me”, and I couldn’t sleep for thinking of it. Today, I can’t stop tearing up when I think of how much pain and suffering he had to suffer in his short little life.

I just hope more than anything that they have the most rotten time inside. I get the feeling she will try and end her life before too long. She better be watched like a hawk.

RIP Arthur. ❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back