Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically speaking, yes of course she could be charged if there were illegal activities happening (LLCs protect directors from personal liability, financially. This doesn’t apply to illegal activity though.) She is listed as more than just the agent for service, often she’s listed as a director/officer. As such, all actions would need to be made in good faith. She would need to get a lawyer to put together a defense, it’s not something she would be able to do preemptively. But there have been no such charges that we are aware of. JMO
Right, I was just curious in the sense that could he have just used her name on all these? It seems crazy that you could literally fill out a form online and apparently put any name and address you like...if that is the case couldn't you just make up any name at that point? I guess I am just trying to figure out how hypothetically she could be charged or responsible if he just used her name and address on the initial formation applications whether it be agent, manager, officer etc. (not saying he did or that there are any charges or investigation we know of).

But IF she really was noticing and mentioning to friends/fam that her name was on a lot of paperwork/important docs and also that she was worried/scared I would just be curious to know if she could be charged legally for having her name on things that anyone could have typed in/used or even if she did and just thought it was administrative paperwork not understanding any legal ramifications.

I don’t think the reason for forming in Delaware is to avoid listing information. There are many benefits of forming in Delaware (it’s the most popular state for formation). Delaware has a very sophisticated set of corporate laws, courts, and established case law. Low tax rate and fees of course too. Nevada is popular as well. IMO. I don’t think there’s anything shady about why she incorporates companies in these states.

I work at a law firm and agree. We form LLC's in Delaware 90% of the time.

Right, I was just curious in the sense that could he have just used her name on all these? It seems crazy that you could literally fill out a form online and apparently put any name and address you like...if that is the case couldn't you just make up any name at that point? I guess I am just trying to figure out how hypothetically she could be charged or responsible if he just used her name and address on the initial formation applications whether it be agent, manager, officer etc. (not saying he did or that there are any charges or investigation we know of).

But IF she really was noticing and mentioning to friends/fam that her name was on a lot of paperwork/important docs and also that she was worried/scared I would just be curious to know if she could be charged legally for having her name on things that anyone could have typed in/used or even if she did and just thought it was administrative paperwork not understanding any legal ramifications.

All good questions -- and since I am not a lawyer, accountant or whitecollar criminal, I will not even take a SWAG. But I would venture a guess that if a roomful of people testified in court that you were the mastermind of a scam, you would be looked upon differently than if those same people said you were the victim of a tyrannical lying boss ('duress') and were afraid to stand up to them. I believe that "intent" carries A LOT of weight, legally. Knowing where the bones are buried can mean providing evidence that parties were concocting a scheme to defraud, vs. investing in something they believed in, but that failed.

Looking at the mishmash of organizations, the coming and going of countless characters of questionable character and the myriad transactions, it is understandable why it is taking the SEC more than two years to assemble evidence surrounding just a small portion of this activity -- meanwhile, the evidence is disappeared.

Look, if you’re being paid over 100k a year, getting $1500 monthly bonuses, etc. - you should be asking questions and thinking critically about the work you’re doing. I’m not going to sell her short in thinking she was absolutely clueless and just ad libbing stuff on forms at JS’s direction. If that’s the case, she would be paid a secretary’s salary.

All good questions -- and since I am not a lawyer, accountant or whitecollar criminal, I will not even take a SWAG. But I would venture a guess that if a roomful of people testified in court that you were the mastermind of a scam, you would be looked upon differently than if those same people said you were the victim of a tyrannical lying boss ('duress') and were afraid to stand up to them. I believe that "intent" carries A LOT of weight, legally. Knowing where the bones are buried can mean providing evidence that parties were concocting a scheme to defraud, vs. investing in something they believed in, but that failed.

Looking at the mishmash of organizations, the coming and going of countless characters of questionable character and the myriad transactions, it is understandable why it is taking the SEC more than two years to assemble evidence surrounding just a small portion of this activity -- meanwhile, the evidence is disappeared.
Yes this is true. But it doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be charges for other people with lesser involvement. That said, if there is a current infestation, there’s NO reason why the SEC or other agencies wouldn’t have wanted to talk to her. It makes no sense just to assume someone has no idea what they’re doing. If you’re an investigator, you ask.

Edited to fix typo

I keep thinking about the people who found HP's dog. Finding a dog on the 28th floor of a secure building is not like finding a dog in a neighborhood, where the dog may have wondered too far from home, but the owners are actively looking. In this case, it should be pretty easy to either find the owner (alert apartment staff) & otherwise recognize that something bad may have happened to the owner. It just seems odd to me to keep the dog a week without starting to alert to the idea that something troubling may have separated the dog from the owner. The other thing is that we now know HP was texting with BW at some point after the game on Sunday, presumably on her personal phone (not the one left at her house). However, JW says there was a message about finding the dog on phone HP left at her house. Why would she put her work phone number on the dog's collar? Perhaps she had both numbers on the collar (we don't know if they texted her other phone also) but seems a little unusual perhaps.

What kind of documents do you think they were interested in? Reports are they left with documents. MOO
One of the agents could be seen walking out during the live CBSLocal broadcast, carrying a couple of manila files folders.
I was more struck by the paper bags. FBI/DoJ calls for possible DNA sources to be placed in paper bags.
Ordinary MP doesn’t require DNA to be submitted until at least 30 days after gone missing.

Last edited:
Agree with this 100%. Someone like JS is more likely to have a place in a Century City high rise or along the Wilshire corridor. MOO.
Except maybe for short term events or lodging for e gamers. Was there an international egame competition a few days before 10/17? Maybe something at Staple Center?

Reactions: ?!?
I keep thinking about the people who found HP's dog. Finding a dog on the 28th floor of a secure building is not like finding a dog in a neighborhood, where the dog may have wondered too far from home, but the owners are actively looking. In this case, it should be pretty easy to either find the owner (alert apartment staff) & otherwise recognize that something bad may have happened to the owner. It just seems odd to me to keep the dog a week without starting to alert to the idea that something troubling may have separated the dog from the owner. The other thing is that we now know HP was texting with BW at some point after the game on Sunday, presumably on her personal phone (not the one left at her house). However, JW says there was a message about finding the dog on phone HP left at her house. Why would she put her work phone number on the dog's collar? Perhaps she had both numbers on the collar (we don't know if they texted her other phone also) but seems a little unusual perhaps.

I thought we'd been told calls were forwarded from one phone # to the other. And that's how JW found the message from the dog-finders on the phone HP left at her house. (Once he started looking after he'd had her phone for 4 days!)

I don't find the actions of the dog-finders odd. Calling the number on a dog's tag is about all you can do other than alerting building security, reading Lost Dog ads and maybe posting Found Dog ads (but those are a pain because slimy people sometimes try to claim dogs for nefarious reasons.)

I see what you are saying about finding a dog in a building not being the same as finding one on the street in a neighborhood, But what should a dog-finder do under those circumstances? Calling the police MIGHT have gotten attention in this case, I guess. But in 99% of cases, I expect a dispatcher would just say take the dog to the pound.
JMO

If I had to guess, I feel like they’ve got it figured out. The range is weird, but maybe they just want to keep it open ended since he’s tended to take things and run with it as far as statements go?

Another thought about the parking thing, apologies if someone else has brought this up (I’ve been skipping around the thread the last few days). We know from her friend’s statement that HP had her pick her up. I’m not sure if this is a typical thing for her, but LA is a driving reliant city. Is it possible she is just uncomfortable driving? She has a nice car. Maybe there’s some silly reason she parked far away. Like the guest/public lot was full, or had only tight spots available. Maybe she doesn’t like parallel parking. I know I’m willing to go very far out of my way to avoid it. Maybe this other underground garage was easier or more convenient and she used it when she visited H+F. MOO of course, throwing out ideas.
I like the idea that Heidi or a close someone owns a unit over in one of the nearby Condos where there is subterranean parking at the Condos. They’re nice and in at least one of the building surprisingly inexpensive.
That’s where she could have left her purse, laptop, etc. when walking over to meet someone in the hangout/event area or lobby of the H&F
H&F only leases units, minimum 1 month on the short term units.

Last edited:
Well let’s see. JS contradicted himself as to which phone he actually took into his possession.
And yes, I too find the foster parenting in the 28-29 floor rather peculiar. Heidi’s friends reported that staff at The Building told them they were very familiar with Heidi and Seven.
What would Staff have thought or said to the Foster parents :rolleyes: taking Seven up and down, in the dog run, outside…. for 10-11 days?

Hypothetically speaking, yes of course she could be charged if there were illegal activities happening (LLCs protect directors from personal liability, financially. This doesn’t apply to illegal activity though.) She is listed as more than just the agent for service, often she’s listed as a director/officer. As such, all actions would need to be made in good faith. She would need to get a lawyer to put together a defense, it’s not something she would be able to do preemptively. But there have been no such charges that we are aware of. JMO
It’s been a minute and 4,000,000 pages of small print and connect the LLC dots. Lol
Besides the initial Arcadian LLC where she is listed as a member, which ones list her as an officer?

She is referenced as JS’ Personal Assistant in the SEC charging docs, instructed to file for a couple of the LLC’s in CA and Nevada.

She is referenced as JS’ Personal Assistant in the SEC charging docs, instructed to file for a couple of the LLC’s in CA and Nevada.
Interesting. I haven’t spent much time looking at the legal docs - I think though that the time frame/activity subject to the SEC investigation predated her time at the company.

I’ve mentioned before that I have a family member whose title is controller for a financial services company. They literally do everything for the company, know all the ins and outs of the finances, accounting, filings, deadlines, AND do things like handle the exec’s personal auto insurance/paying college tuition for his kids/taking DMV classes when he gets tickets/selling cars, airplanes, whatever. It’s a little crazy to me. So I guess this just goes to show it’s possible she is really his right hand woman.

Is there any case that people are thinking of, where a person potentially associated through document signatures to a white collar crime conspiracy, has been murdered? A case that would be comparable to Heidi's situation, that is known to have concluded with a person similar to Heidi being murdered and disposed of, potentially, in a landfill or something similar?

The only circumstance that comes to mind, from the perspective of real life criminology, is when someone has stolen a lot of money or drugs from fraudsters. The criminals can't call police or sue, so they take the mafia approach.

But in that case, the thief is at no risk of going to authorities either.

I just would like to see, with poor Heidi being dead and a real person being responsible, theorizing start to come down to earth and deal with the reality of what murder and body disposal involves: not suits and money and signatures and registered corporations (and muffins), but fatal violence and the emotions that provoke it, blood, human fluids and flesh, terror, guilt, and so forth.

My latest theory, I don't think her disappearance has anything to do with her position or the number of documents she signed. I think she was viewed within that organizational structure of fraudulent business activities as a perpetual snitch that needed to be eliminated. I think that's a good reason for HP to be fearful. Her death would ve multiple layers removed from JS. Since JS couldn't openly accuse her of being a snitch, the embezzlement allegation was concocted after her demise. This is all my opinion based on what makes sense. I also think she could've rejected someone who'd been pursuing her that lived at H+F. MOO

It’s been a minute and 4,000,000 pages of small print and connect the LLC dots. Lol
Besides the initial Arcadian LLC where she is listed as a member, which ones list her as an officer?
She is listed as a manager of JAS 1 (inactive), administrator of Magellan Real Estate (inactive), manager of Gulfstream Capital (inactive), agent of process for Augustus Gardini, manager of Cohiba Corp (NV, changed from Sugarman Family something, I can't recall of the top of my head, to HP in 2019), manager of BMC Holdings (NV, revoked), and controller of Camden Capital Partners.

There are several more that I haven't had a chance to confirm, but that's what I've got at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase