Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Scully, the creator of this most deplorable content is arrested and serving a life sentence abroad in a Southern Asian country. He has to be the most treacherous villains alive today. I listened to a podcast called “Objections” from Law and Crime Network that featured one of the journalists who covered the Scully trial and who was given access to locations where these videos were filmed. There are YouTube docs on Scully as well.

as I am given to understand it, Peter Scully is an Australian citizen and thus his trial was discussed at great length in the Australian press: much to the dismay of much of the population, I am sure.

Yes, I agree also. I had never even heard of the term "hurt *advertiser censored*" before this case. The concept had never entered my brain. I have mentioned the "Hunting Warhead" podcast, hosted by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, on YouTube before, and I do think that it is painful, but important to gain a greater understanding of these crimes. All JMO.

I just listened to a few episodes of Hunting Warhead. It’s days like these I wish I had hobbies like quilting or square dancing versus crime, crime, and more crime.

I can see where the defense is going now, wanting to know why DHS focused on Josh Duggar, and did not confiscate the phones of every single person who worked at the car lot. Or correlate the time other people were at the car lot when CSAM was downloaded.

Right. I see why the prosecution focused on him. He was there EVERY TIME. If someone else did it, the defense attorney’s client is the only plausible witness.

I think this case will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and even beyond some mildly unreasonable doubts.

You can alter the Linux GRUB to force the computer to boot into Linux versus the native Windows OS — however this would be antithetical since the whole point of Duggar having the Linux partition was for it to exist secretly, or as secretly as possible. With Windows OS being the native OS the BIOS will default to boot to Windows OS unless during the boot up the user interacts with the firmware and chooses the Linux OS. The firmware (BIOS) options appear before a computer connects to the internet therefore the theory of a user accessing via remote tools is nullified.

Thanks a lot for that post. I love to study languages, but I am not fluent in yours. I know enough, however, to get the gist. In my language, “Josh Duggar is the only possible person to have committed this horrific crime, and he is toast.”

MTO (T is for translation.)

Edit: changed verb tense.

Last edited:
Along that line — I’ve followed this family for more years than I care to admit, and knowing Josh’s normal demeanor I would not think he would be a suicide risk, however, this trial and his likely conviction are outside the norm. Do you think he would ever consider suicide over serving time in a federal facility? I think he’d rather go to prison claiming his innocence, but I’d love to hear other opinions.

Interesting question.

I think some highly manipulative people can learn to enjoy prison.

If their manipulations will inevitably cause them to get arrested on the outside, incarcerated their manipulations will probably get them some advantages on the inside.

In his case, he is used to getting (IMO) misplaced warm fuzzies for confessions and repentance. If he could find a way to manipulate his way to a position of fundamentalist Christian moral leadership in a circle of people who think he was wrongly convicted, or unfairly targeted by the legal system for something that should have stayed in the spiritual system,* he could thrive.

* Just like decisions about bearing children. Oh, my bad. Welcome to formally fictional Gilead.

Interesting question.

I think some highly manipulative people can learn to enjoy prison.

If their manipulations will inevitably cause them to get arrested on the outside, incarcerated their manipulations will probably get them some advantages on the inside.

In his case, he is used to getting (IMO) misplaced warm fuzzies for confessions and repentance. If he could find a way to manipulate his way to a position of fundamentalist Christian moral leadership in a circle of people who think he was wrongly convicted, or unfairly targeted by the legal system for something that should have stayed in the spiritual system,* he could thrive.

* Just like decisions about bearing children. Oh, my bad. Welcome to formally fictional Gilead.

I don’t think there anyone - legitimate org or fan club” - that will back him. First, he confessed to the molestation/Ashley Madison. Adultery is one thing but underage incest is another. Second, it’s CSAM. People can get behind awful people, but tend to draw the line at CSAM. Third, there hasn’t been anything about a conspiracy in the news - just a brief mention that Anna believes none of this would have happened if Trump was in office.

Now, maybe he could try to drum up support and reach out to an equivalent of the Innocence Project. But he strikes me as lazy.

If I was his attorney, he’d be meeting regularly with a jailhouse consultant. If I was head of Duggar PR, I’d have him deny the CSAM and freely admit to everything that is legal but immoral. Just a simple denial paired with a request that we pray for heathen judges and “this is what happens when the liberals kick God out of school.” Give it a little time, have him do all kinds of wholesome things in jail, write a book, and start a prison ministry.

JMO.

If I was his attorney, he’d be meeting regularly with a jailhouse consultant. If I was head of Duggar PR, I’d have him deny the CSAM and freely admit to everything that is legal but immoral. Just a simple denial paired with a request that we pray for heathen judges and “this is what happens when the liberals kick God out of school.” Give it a little time, have him do all kinds of wholesome things in jail, write a book, and start a prison ministry.

JMO.
Snipped for focus

I think this is what Josh will attempt to do but unless he takes responsibility, gets a real psych dx and legit counseling, he’ll revert right back to being his arrogant perverted creepy self when he’s released. The odds of any of that happening are probably slim to none because he’s surrounded by people who don’t believe he’s done anything wrong. His parents apparently haven’t noticed that there are some things no amount of prayer and pseudo-counseling will ever help.

Snipped for focus

I think this is what Josh will attempt to do but unless he takes responsibility, gets a real psych dx and legit counseling, he’ll revert right back to being his arrogant perverted creepy self when he’s released. The odds of any of that happening are probably slim to none because he’s surrounded by people who don’t believe he’s done anything wrong. His parents apparently haven’t noticed that there are some things no amount of prayer and pseudo-counseling will ever help.
But he'd presumably have a lifetime on the sex offender list. That will make it very difficult for him to be around kids. It will also make it very difficult to get a job. He might be restricted about where he can live. He might have to live a certain distance from a school (which can easily eliminate most neighborhoods). Everyone in his neighborhood will know there's a sex offender living there (there's a national map pin pointing their locations; I search regularly to keep myself safe). Plus, he's likely to have supervision. He may never be able to be with his kids unsupervised.
In prison, he'd be likely to have required counseling and group therapy? And pass it before advancing?
Evangelical communities might especially balk at allowing a convicted sex offender in their midst? This would make it impossible to live amongst his "own".

Last edited:
Questions.

Now that Josh's sex offense history can be brought up at trial, will it also be reflected in his sentencing?

This would put him in a "contact" category as well as an "internet" category, which might really pile on restrictions?

Also, when he did his *advertiser censored* confession in 2015, could he have confessed in order to forestall LE investigation into the type of "*advertiser censored*"? Maybe it was CSAM so he quickly confessed to legal (i.e. consenting adults) *advertiser censored* to preclude a closer look by authorities?

Does the trial judge also decide sentencing? Or is there a specific judge for deciding sex offender sentencing in the Federal system?

Separately....
If Jim Bob wants to insist that the church-sponsored counseling camp was actual real counseling, the prosecutor could argue this means Josh is incorrigible and has a high likelihood of re-offense, because the counseling didn't have any effect. In fact, his offenses appear to be escalating, though perhaps he was into CSAM from the get-go (i.e. in the early 2000's), and CSAM was his baseline.
Anyway, if we have an expert on here who is familiar with Federal sentencing guidelines, and what kind of facility Josh would go to...

Last edited:
Once the judge permitted his sexual offense history to be brought up during the trial, why wasn’t his bail revoked? It seems like that situation has now been confirmed and should show a history/pattern of escalating behavior. Why would we care to accommodate his freedom at this point?

Snipped for focus

I think the consensus in the psychiatric community is that pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated from their desires.

The only option is preventing them from acting on their desires. Some actually do understand that their actions would be harmful to others and participate in groups similar to AA to keep themselves from acting out.

I'm paraphrasing from things I've read, I don't have a link so I will add JMO.

Once the judge permitted his sexual offense history to be brought up during the trial, why wasn’t his bail revoked? It seems like that situation has now been confirmed and should show a history/pattern of escalating behavior. Why would we care to accommodate his freedom at this point?
As far as I know, if the offender has not violated conditions of bail, there is no reason for the bond to be revoked. His bail conditions have nothing to do with what is being discussed in trial.

Who thinks Josh will beat this?

Not me. I just keep watching this train wreck. He could have taken the plea deal. Now, with the judge allowing the "prior bad acts", that will lead to enhanced sentence.

I watch him each day, walking into the courtroom, holding hands with his wife, smiling at cameras, greeting his legal team, and whatever family came to support him. Everyone acts like this is a social event. Are they all delusional? On meds?

My guess is that Jed may testify concerning something about the business. He runs one of the family's other car lots.

I believe he will parrot Waller's testimony, "everyone 'knows' the passwords for Josh's computer". And verify when he was there, other employees. Try to deflect the CSAM, it could have been anyone...create reasonable doubt.

I believe he will parrot Waller's testimony, "everyone 'knows' the passwords for Josh's computer". And verify when he was there, other employees. Try to deflect the CSAM, it could have been anyone...create reasonable doubt.
I hadn't thought about that, but yes I could see him being used for for that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam