GUILTY UK - Amber ‘Niven’ Gibson, 16, murdered, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, Nov 2021 *bro arrest

More in denial rather than dodgy imo.

If you search for Connor Niven on fb and click on photos you can also see public photos that he's commented on in the past. Some interesting conversations come up on those (him commentimg; not speculation) including the dynamic of him & people he knows plus what must be thought of him months before this all happened.

Oh wow just seen. Didn't even know I could do that sort of search (I must be old!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ So he has been charged with her rape and murder.
So so horrible.

A teenager has been charged with murdering and sexually assaulting his sister whose body was found in a park in South Lanarkshire.

Connor Gibson, 19, appeared at Hamilton sheriff court on Friday accused of murder, sexual assault by penetration and an attempt to pervert the course of justice.

Amber Gibson’s brother charged with her murder and sexual assault

Was just coming to post this. Based on his placement at Kear, IMO he’s likely at a lower level of socio-emotional maturity. Very calculated though, to continue posting on social SM under the guise of a bereaved brother. As @JosieJo says, lots of anger projected on his SM too, IMO it’s very telling that there was no apparent anger at the tragic circumstances of his sisters murder.
Poor Amber.

I have to disagree slightly, I don't think it's calculated at all.

He was just carrying on as 'normal' - if he wasn't posting about his sister then that would raise questions.

Last edited:
Ok I’m sorry. I guess i shouldn’t be speculating anyway. We don’t know a thing yet and they have not even confirmed it was amber who was assaulted. I apologise.

It’s ok! Honestly I just really feel for the sister.

I think there’s a chance that the rumours being true is pure coincidence, because some of the stuff people have been writing is honestly outlandish and they would have no way of knowing (Such as saying that police found his DNA on her). I mean, who knows. But it’s sad seeing the sister desperately trying to stop people from gossiping, it’s a losing battle. It must be hard enough as it is. Imagine your little brother killing your little sister, having to see hundreds of comments and not being able to grieve in peace. Only to find out that some of the rumours are true. Wether it’s denial or not knowing, it must be horrible.

She also seems much older so I think she may be the bio daughter or their foster parents. It’s possible that they haven’t lived in the same house for a while now and she was genuinely in the dark.

Hang on, so the police are being investigated for how they acted in the search for her? Did I read that right?

That’s… odd.

Well she was last seen a few hundred yards from where they found her body days later so it doesn't sound like the most thorough of searches was carried out? Maybe the police saw she was in residential care & wrote her off as someone who would be out partying for days on end?

Hang on, so the police are being investigated for how they acted in the search for her? Did I read that right?

That’s… odd.
I wondered if perhaps initially she was found and they didn't realise she had sadly been murdered so were perhaps too casual with the scene perhaps, I don't know the whole situation is very sad

The PIRC investigates the actions of the police in Scotland in the following circumstances:
  • Allegations of a criminal nature
  • Deaths or serious injuries in police custody
  • Deaths or serious injuries following police contact
  • Police use of weapons incl. firearms
  • Complaints against senior officers
  • Police activity that it’s in the public interest to investigate
Some of those can be ruled out straight away in this case, and the last two are a bit of a catch-all that might cover some of the things we’ve seen the IOPC investigate officers in England for recently, e.g. unauthorised photos taken at the crime scene, or inappropriate things shared via messaging.

But I find myself wondering if Amber had recently been in contact with police officers before the disappearance that preceded her death, perhaps to make allegations against the accused that weren’t taken seriously enough.

Just speculating.

Attachments

• Guide-on-the-Role-of-the-PIRC1.pdf
    224.8 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, I feel like it’s going to come out that they’ve been aware of elements of the situation beforehand and maybe not taken it seriously.

I know the residential care system up here is absolutely F’ed. There’s been countless young people who go missing from care, sometimes repeatedly absconding (btw — I’m NOT suggesting that was the case for Amber, I’m just providing some context) and no one really seems to take it seriously until they end up dead.

I have to disagree slightly, I don't think it's calculated at all.

He was just carrying on as 'normal' - if he wasn't posting about his sister then that would raise questions.

In carrying on as ‘normal’, he was being deliberately deceitful and manipulative though, because it was far from ‘normal’ IMO.

In carrying on as ‘normal’, he was being deliberately deceitful and manipulative though, because it was far from ‘normal’ IMO.

Yes of course he was being deliberately deceitful BUT what I'm saying is that you don't need to be a calculating evil genius to do that - it is the natural thing to do - toddlers do it daily - 'did you eat the chocolate?' 'Nooooo' says child with chocolate all around its mouth ... The vast majority of people who do 'bad things' will immediately try and get away with it - that's pretty normal (in those circumstances) so I, personally don't feel that Connor was being particularly 'calculated' ... don't give him the 'credit' for more sense than he has.

It's an incredibly rare day when someone ends up dead at the hands of another and the perpetrator starts immediately spilling their guts!

Yes of course he was being deliberately deceitful BUT what I'm saying is that you don't need to be a calculating evil genius to do that - it is the natural thing to do - toddlers do it daily - 'did you eat the chocolate?' 'Nooooo' says child with chocolate all around its mouth ... The vast majority of people who do 'bad things' will immediately try and get away with it - that's pretty normal (in those circumstances) so I, personally don't feel that Connor was being particularly 'calculated' ... don't give him the 'credit' for more sense than he has.

It's an incredibly rare day when someone ends up dead at the hands of another and the perpetrator starts immediately spilling their guts!
Unlike toddlers sneaking candy, besides rape and murder, this guy is also charged with the "attempt to pervert the course of justice".

Yeah, I feel like it’s going to come out that they’ve been aware of elements of the situation beforehand and maybe not taken it seriously.

I know the residential care system up here is absolutely F’ed. There’s been countless young people who go missing from care, sometimes repeatedly absconding (btw — I’m NOT suggesting that was the case for Amber, I’m just providing some context) and no one really seems to take it seriously until they end up dead.

I hear ya. I worked in residential for almost a decade and it was a constant battle to advocate for the vulnerability of young people with some Police who automatically assumed they were ‘bad’ because they were accommodated. The sad reality is that the vast majority are there for care and protection, not punishment.

I work in SW now and joint working and risk assessment is definitely more child centred before kids enter the care system. It angers and frustrates me that residential continues to be viewed as a placement of last resort and the young people there written off as beyond help or control.

I did consider whether Police were slow or limited in their response to the initial MISPER when, after Amber was found, Police stated that she ‘was not doing anything different to any other 16-year-old on the night she went missing’. I wonder if they were attempting to justify any potential inaction even then.

They also described her death as ‘particularly tragic’ and by all accounts they didn’t escalate to a murder inquiry until after the post-mortem, so they must have known at that point who they were looking for.

MOO.

I understood the point you were making, I also agree that this guy is clearly NOT a criminal mastermind. I didn’t imply otherwise, certainly not with my use of a word. IMO everything a perpetrator does after the incident is ‘calculated’ in that they put some level of thought, conscious or otherwise, intelligent or not, into their actions afterwards and make effort to appear ‘natural’.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back