Who still thinks it was a murder?

Robert1969

Reaction score
New to this page so firstly hello from the uk..

So i was wondering how many agree with the final police report, and how many think differently??

So i was wondering how many agree with the final police report, and how many think differently??
I dont agree with the police report.

100% Foul play. Even though the door to the roof could have been left open or unlocked by security, she couldn't have gotten into the water tank herself especially in a mentally compromised state.
*Side note: A fact that is rarely mentioned is that the tanks don't look like water tanks! They are grey cylinders, and it would be hard to tell what was in them if Elisa hadn't had previous knowledge.

The police got it right. I was sure it was misadventure after seeing the elevator video.

Agreed. I’ve seen psychosis. That was psychosis. She had put drawings of women sitting on edges of buildings and climbing up buildings, on her social media. It wouldn’t be hard for her, in a state of psychosis, to try to hide somewhere and find the hatch in the tank that enabled her to drop in.

100% Foul play. Even though the door to the roof could have been left open or unlocked by security, she couldn't have gotten into the water tank herself especially in a mentally compromised state.
*Side note: A fact that is rarely mentioned is that the tanks don't look like water tanks! They are grey cylinders, and it would be hard to tell what was in them if Elisa hadn't had previous knowledge.

I think as well why would Elisa take all her clothes off first then go into water? If it was accidental drowning ?? IMO

They are pretty basic looking bulk storage liquid tanks, I'm not sure why you think they look so unusual?

I think as well why would Elisa take all her clothes off first then go into water? If it was accidental drowning ?? IMO

Taking off one’s clothes is not uncommon when someone is having a psychotic episode. I have no idea why.

The facts are this young lady had serious mental illness.
Then, she was observed acting a bit manicky days before this event.
Video of her in the elevator shows someone not in reality.
There is no evidence of any kind to suggest someone else was with her, it harmed her in any way.

Why psychotic people have urge to go naked

How Schizophrenia Is Diagnosed by Observing Symptoms

A manic episode led me to strip naked in Times Square

I'm on the fence. Having the experience of sharing a home with a schizophrenic woman, I gained an incredible amount of insight. The behavior due to their mental illness is bizarre to watch with your own eyes. The woman I shared a home with was my roommate's adult daughter. She would have auditory and visual hallucinations that she would interact with all day. She was incredibly paranoid, as well. If Elisa was suffering from mental illness, I would suspect that she either harmed herself unintentionally, or that someone may have noticed her vulnerability and taken advantage of it. The second possibility makes me feel just as equally that her death could have been a murder, which used her possible mental illness as a cover up. This would make sense if someone saw her as vulnerable or an easy target, and it ties both of the theories together. We have no proof that Elisa did this to herself and I can't believe that she did without significant evidence. Yes, her behavior may have been unusual, but that could have been what caught the attention of the perpetrator, if indeed there was a perpetrator.
What I do know is that Elisa was afraid. Maybe of a person, and maybe of her own mind. It hurts my heart and I wish someone could have given her the help she deserved, regardless of what type of help that may be.
May Elisa finally rest in peace.

Taking off one’s clothes is not uncommon when someone is having a psychotic episode. I have no idea why.

The facts are this young lady had serious mental illness.
Then, she was observed acting a bit manicky days before this event.
Video of her in the elevator shows someone not in reality.
There is no evidence of any kind to suggest someone else was with her, it harmed her in any way.

Why psychotic people have urge to go naked

How Schizophrenia Is Diagnosed by Observing Symptoms

A manic episode led me to strip naked in Times Square

Yes I spoke to someone recently who knows someone who had psychotic incident and now I am perhaps realising this could be possible. RIP Eliza so utterly sad

I'm on the fence. Having the experience of sharing a home with a schizophrenic woman, I gained an incredible amount of insight. The behavior due to their mental illness is bizarre to watch with your own eyes. The woman I shared a home with was my roommate's adult daughter. She would have auditory and visual hallucinations that she would interact with all day. She was incredibly paranoid, as well. If Elisa was suffering from mental illness, I would suspect that she either harmed herself unintentionally, or that someone may have noticed her vulnerability and taken advantage of it. The second possibility makes me feel just as equally that her death could have been a murder, which used her possible mental illness as a cover up. This would make sense if someone saw her as vulnerable or an easy target, and it ties both of the theories together. We have no proof that Elisa did this to herself and I can't believe that she did without significant evidence. Yes, her behavior may have been unusual, but that could have been what caught the attention of the perpetrator, if indeed there was a perpetrator.
What I do know is that Elisa was afraid. Maybe of a person, and maybe of her own mind. It hurts my heart and I wish someone could have given her the help she deserved, regardless of what type of help that may be.
May Elisa finally rest in peace.

Good post. I will say, however, that we do have proof. Not that she committed suicide, but that this was her own doing. The proof includes the absence of the contrary. And video footage showing she was alone. There’s a reason the coroner found her death to be accidental and self inflicted.

Very belated, but

Welcome to Websleuths,
Robert1969 !!

Her own doing. Netflix doc is so sad because we are watching a girl in the middle of a psychotic break. So my opinion is let it rest. Let this poor girls family rest. The police don’t release all of the info - ever, so “websluths” are never gonna have the full picture. Because of that other people have been wrongly accused and one almost took his own life as a result. That’s not right. Please let this go people. It’s over. Let’s give her family some peace and allow them to move on without people constantly trying to reopen a non-existent case.

The police got it right. I was sure it was misadventure after seeing the elevator video.

I have maladaptive daydreaming, which is associated with ADHD (which I also have, as did Elisa). I sometimes make movements and actions when I’m daydreaming, and to an observer it would look like a hallucination. But I’m not hallucinating, I’m daydreaming, and would be very embarrassed to be seen acting out these movements.

That was my first thought when I saw the elevator video. The poor girl would be so embarrassed if she could have known the world would see that.

When I’m daydreaming to the point of acting out I’m in a hyper/heightened state and in my own bubble, but not delusional.

IMHO and having lived with a parent with mental illness and based on documentaries out there, she did appear to be having some type of episode. It seems possible that none of her behavior was planned and it ended in the worst scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back