Found Safe CA - Lateche Norris, 20, had a fight with bf, new to the area, San Diego, 5 Nov 2021 *At-Risk*

Whatever role J had/has in Lateche's life, I would be hard pressed to say it's a positive one..

Sometimes a person can be in an unhealthy, hurtful, damaging relationship but not be able to see just how unhealthy or can't see a way out.
How many of us had that experience?
But if they can just find their way out permanently, there are much better days and happier relationships ahead...with time.

Norris and Smith have a history of domestic violence, as News 8 previously reported, and Cheryl Walker flew out to San Diego to search for the couple.

During Sunday’s interview on Twitter, the stepfather claimed the couple had been living in a makeshift shelter.

“Joey, he built them like a huge type of fort right there off of the highway,” he said.

Around 8:30 p.m. on Friday, the mother received a text from her daughter, Walker said, and they drove to the downtown library and reunited.

Walker said the family drove around ripping down missing person fliers that had been posted downtown, and then returned with Norris and Smith to the Chula Vista hotel room.

“I got some Jägermeister and some Red Bull and we had a few shots,” said Amir Walker.

Stepfather: Lateche Norris ‘never knew that she was missing’

Norris and Smith have a history of domestic violence, as News 8 previously reported, and Cheryl Walker flew out to San Diego to search for the couple.

During Sunday’s interview on Twitter, the stepfather claimed the couple had been living in a makeshift shelter.

“Joey, he built them like a huge type of fort right there off of the highway,” he said.

Around 8:30 p.m. on Friday, the mother received a text from her daughter, Walker said, and they drove to the downtown library and reunited.

Walker said the family drove around ripping down missing person fliers that had been posted downtown, and then returned with Norris and Smith to the Chula Vista hotel room.

“I got some Jägermeister and some Red Bull and we had a few shots,” said Amir Walker.

So Lateche called her mom, they went back to the hotel and had a few shots and then told LE the next day that Lateche was found?
Meanwhile, they originally said JS was dangerous and are now claiming he isn't?
Shake my head.

I am sad to hear that she chooses to remain homeless. :( I hope she changes her mind and goes back to Indian with her parents. MOO

From the article:

It’s unclear what the future holds for the couple. The stepfather said it looks like they want to stay in San Diego, for now.

“Joey is not going to move in with us. Teche does not want to come back home. She’d rather be homeless with Joey and go from the bottom up. That’s scary and admirable at the same time,” the stepfather said.

"Admirable" meaning, I think stepdad is saying Lateche wants to be independent and on her own. She doesn't want to be told what to do. (Did any of us at age 20?)

Of course, the easier path is to head home to Indiana and leave BF behind. No expenses, warm home, clean bed, etc. I think he's saying that it's Admirable in a way that she is steadfast.

Wise? Thoughtful? Cautious? Well,no. But she's 20.

Oh honey, if I could give her a peak into my world around her age she would run- not walk, run home to her family.
On a side night- the family's response to all this- is most admirable. They have to get on with life, if taking a few shots with the adult-kids and calling it all a fine, dandy, and... admirable. is how they remain in contact with their daughter, I can understand. It's scarey when your baby is out there in this cruel world.
I hope they do well in San Diego. I hate their start is so harsh. I hope they learn to fight ..better? Jesus.

I'm happy that someone was found safe following the textbook sequence of events that we're used to seeing lead to a "murdered by paramour" outcome but the flip side of that is that this establishes a precedent of such stories being plausible. I will never understand why people choose to leave safe comfortable homes to be homeless in big cities.

Last edited:
I'm happy that someone was found safe following the textbook sequence of events that we're used to seeing lead to a "murdered by paramour" outcome but the flip side of that is that this establishes a precedent of such stories being plausible. I will never understand why people choose to leave safe comfortable homes to be homeless in big cities.
Quite simply because they are an addict. Regardless of what mom thinks. Letecha is already posted on another site so I know how they support themselves. If the families reaction was to do shots with them, easy to see why this is the situation. It's very sad. I hope she sees the light at some point. MOO

DEC 6, 2021
Indiana woman opens up about going missing in San Diego | cbs8.com
[...]

Smith said he was asked to leave the rehab ranch after he had a seizure.

"He had a seizure, which he does have time to time. He had come down from drinking alcohol too quickly within a 24-hour period, and he wanted to get a grip. He came out here to go there, but because of the seizure it was determined it wasn't a fit. So, he was left homeless out here," said Norris.

[...]

The young couple said they plan to fly back to Indiana. A relative has offered Smith a job in construction.

“I’ll be building playgrounds,” Smith said.

Despite the couple's difficulties, Norris said she wants to try and make it work.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back