Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading about guest parking across the street, IMO that would be a public lot that JW would have checked. Though, by that time, if she'd parked there, wouldn't she have been towed?
Yes its public parking for anyone. You pay thru a kiosk or phone app. Its literally a few steps to the alley she was last video taped in.
On the day we were there, we saw many people park there and walk right over to H&F.

Yes. I remember now that JW said he looked in the garage too and the linked article documents that. BUT unfortunately the article also continues the fiction that a dog's microchip acts as a GSP device and is trackable. And that's simply not true.

I asked a few posts back but didn't get an answer so I'll ask again. I thought the H&F parking garage was just for residents. I believe residents pay extra for parking and some may choose not to. But is there enough parking for residents and residents' guests? The garage must be huge! Also though, how could it possibly be advertised as "secure parking for residents" if just anyone can enter and park? (I realize online reviews of the H&F have noted parking isn't always secure but a parking area open to just anyone couldn't be advertised as secure with a straight face.) And if it is a secure area, how did JW get in?
JMO

WS poster @andemb posted a video where she drove through the H+F parking area. There’s a sign saying Residents.Valet. with an arrow going one way and Office.Public Parking. with an arrow pointing another way. So, it appears there IS non-resident parking there. (Sorry, I don’t know how to post a screenshot.)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-heidi-planck-39-left-son’s-football-game-in-downey-dog-found-in-los-angeles-17-oct-2021-3.600467/page-36#post-17271874

Yes. I remember now that JW said he looked in the garage too and the linked article documents that. BUT unfortunately the article also continues the fiction that a dog's microchip acts as a GSP device and is trackable. And that's simply not true.

I asked a few posts back but didn't get an answer so I'll ask again. I thought the H&F parking garage was just for residents. I believe residents pay extra for parking and some may choose not to. But is there enough parking for residents and residents' guests? The garage must be huge! Also though, how could it possibly be advertised as "secure parking for residents" if just anyone can enter and park? (I realize online reviews of the H&F have noted parking isn't always secure but a parking area open to just anyone couldn't be advertised as secure with a straight face.) And if it is a secure area, how did JW get in?
JMO
It’s usually not too hard to follow in a resident if there’s a gate.

people keep talking about her signing documents, but afaik they are just referring to the annual filing reports which aren’t a big deal. I’m just confused where the talk of her signing tax returns came from, because I don’t believe there’s any indication she was signing tax returns. Jmo
I think it may have stemmed from HP telling people she was concerned about her name being on documents for the LLCs. MOO

But if the spaces in the residential parking were assigned, that wouldn't work.
No, I mean this in response to someone asking how JW would have been able to get in to check the garage. Maybe he just followed someone in to drive around and see if he could find her car. You don’t need a parking spot to just drive through a garage.

people keep talking about her signing documents, but afaik they are just referring to the annual filing reports which aren’t a big deal. I’m just confused where the talk of her signing tax returns came from, because I don’t believe there’s any indication she was signing tax returns. Jmo
My guess it is pure speculation on here only. But many of us here delve into theories and speculations. Only the taxing authorities, state and federal, outside of the entity management and maybe an outside CPA, know who signed the tax returns. As long as everything else is on the up and up, those authorities really don't care who signs the return. Tax evasion is usually another charge LE will drop on someone if there is illegal activity going on. I know when a drug task force was organized in our area, one of the local vice cops told me that in addition to local and state LE and DEA, they had an IRS agent on the TF. Even if they didn't get drug charges to stick tax evasion on unreported income was where the IRS came in.

Signing a return and then claiming not to know about illegal activity, even if true, usually doesn't work with the IRS. This happens most commonly with an innocent spouse signing a joint return. One of the most notable cases is the dentist, Dr. Richard Chentnik and his ex-wife, Cathy Lantz. The IRS went after Lantz in the 2003-4 timeframe for unpaid taxes on Chentnik's Medicare fraud scheme in 1999-2000. She tried to claim innocent spouse defense, but the courts kept agreeing with the IRS till the Tax Court ruled in her favor, but that took until 2009. You sign the return, you're on the hook for any ill gotten gains and unpaid taxes, whether you knew about it or not. Sometimes LE might use this as leverage for testimony.

Again, NOT saying Heidi signed ANY tax returns other than her own. For that matter she may never seen a single return, let alone sign one. From the facts we are given so far there is NO way to tell if Heidi even knew about tax returns, let alone sign them. The closest we come to that is that she is named on some filing documents as the 'controller'. If she indeed acted as the controller she likely played a role in assisting a CPA in preparing returns. I've been involved in that from both sides - as a controller and as a CPA. Of course, this is based on IF she was, in fact, acting as controller and was not a controller in title only.

My guess it is pure speculation on here only. But many of us here delve into theories and speculations. Only the taxing authorities, state and federal, outside of the entity management and maybe an outside CPA, know who signed the tax returns. As long as everything else is on the up and up, those authorities really don't care who signs the return. Tax evasion is usually another charge LE will drop on someone if there is illegal activity going on. I know when a drug task force was organized in our area, one of the local vice cops told me that in addition to local and state LE and DEA, they had an IRS agent on the TF. Even if they didn't get drug charges to stick tax evasion on unreported income was where the IRS came in.

Signing a return and then claiming not to know about illegal activity, even if true, usually doesn't work with the IRS. This happens most commonly with an innocent spouse signing a joint return. One of the most notable cases is the dentist, Dr. Richard Chentnik and his ex-wife, Cathy Lantz. The IRS went after Lantz in the 2003-4 timeframe for unpaid taxes on Chentnik's Medicare fraud scheme in 1999-2000. She tried to claim innocent spouse defense, but the courts kept agreeing with the IRS till the Tax Court ruled in her favor, but that took until 2009. You sign the return, you're on the hook for any ill gotten gains and unpaid taxes, whether you knew about it or not. Sometimes LE might use this as leverage for testimony.

Again, NOT saying Heidi signed ANY tax returns other than her own. For that matter she may never seen a single return, let alone sign one. From the facts we are given so far there is NO way to tell if Heidi even knew about tax returns, let alone sign them. The closest we come to that is that she is named on some filing documents as the 'controller'. If she indeed acted as the controller she likely played a role in assisting a CPA in preparing returns. I've been involved in that from both sides - as a controller and as a CPA. Of course, this is based on IF she was, in fact, acting as controller and was not a controller in title only.

yeah I just don’t see the reason to think she signed tax documents and it seems like people are talking about it as if it’s likely true, when I doubt it was. Jmo

yeah I just don’t see the reason to think she signed tax documents and it seems like people are talking about it as if it’s likely true, when I doubt it was. Jmo
But we do have friends and/or JW saying she was stressed about work, had approaching deadlines, and things to sign, right? Or did they not mention that she was signing things. In any case, it seems like work was a bit of a pressure cooker around the time she went missing. JMO.

It stemmed from an unverified comment way back in the beginning, that she had said she was stressed out about her signature or name being used on tax documents.
My thought then and now is if in fact she made that comment, she just said that in a shorthand sort of way to attribute her stress to a work related problem so as to not get in to the complicated details or real issues of the morass.
JMO

Thanks for the link.

Although it is confusing, I don't believe "it" in the quote above refers to her car. I believe "it" refers to the unspecified forensic evidence of death that has led LE to the landfill.

That article also says:
"Her car was also found outside the apartment building about a week later."

But according to
LAPD searching landfill for evidence in Heidi Planck’s disappearance

BBM

"Planck was first reported missing Oct. 20, and the case was transferred to robbery-homicide investigators Oct. 29. Planck's vehicle was found abandoned in a nearby parking garage Nov. 4."

Most sources I've seen say the car was found nearby, not at the H&F. And if it was not found until Nov 4, that makes the most sense. While we do not know exactly how long it took LE to get warrants for the H&F, there is reason to believe (from JW) the dog was known to have been found there by Oct 25. I just don't think it would have taken 10 more days to discover her car was at the H&F if it really was. But it easily could have taken that long if it was in one of many "nearby" lots/garages.
JMO
The LAPD statement published on their website, previously linked in the thread, says the SUV was found in a subterranean parking garage of a different residential building a couple of blocks away on 11/4.

Jumping off your post, here is a link:
Missing California woman's ex-husband suspects foul play: 'Something's dirty here' | Fox News

Planck told her friends and family that the company had "some tax filings that were due" and had complained that "her boss has her name on so much of their corporate paperwork," Wayne said.

thanks. That’s vague and coming from JW, who has given lots of confusing and contradictory information. I also think this was around the time he was publicly bashing her employer.

I was doing an internet search for any update in the last week and came upon this:
LAPD searching landfill for evidence in Heidi Planck’s disappearance

LE says over a week so I would hope if there is anything to be found it will come out soon. But that search has to be a massive effort.
I bet whoever is seriously involved is sweating it out and trying to determine the likelihood they're included in the 1-5 people LAPD suspects has knowledge.

ETA: If more than one person knows something, LAPD probably already has a good idea who the weak link in the group is. I have this feeling that when the results of the landfill search come out, there may also be a big information dump, including a potential arrest. I honestly don't look for anything to be released until they're ready to take somebody in, unless it somehow turns out to be accidental.

By the way, I found it so peculiar that reference has been made to 1-5 people having knowledge of HP's death. Why would LE mention the number, what is the point of doing so? Is that some type of strategic move?

By the way, I found it so peculiar that reference has been made to 1-5 people having knowledge of HP's death. Why would LE mention the number, what is the point of doing so? Is that some type of strategic move?
IMO, this implies they know she was not alone when the incident occurred. Maybe it is an educated guess based on the tenants or people who would have been present on the floor during the time frame they expect the incident occurred?

And we also have to remember LAPD hasn't officially named or cleared anybody, so they could be providing somewhat fabricated information to JW to make sure what he is telling them stays consistent (even if it's not ashtrays consistent in the media).

IMO, this implies they know she was not alone when the incident occurred. Maybe it is an educated guess based on the tenants or people who would have been present on the floor during the time frame they expect the incident occurred?

And we also have to remember LAPD hasn't officially named or cleared anybody, so they could be providing somewhat fabricated information to JW to make sure what he is telling them stays consistent (even if it's not ashtrays consistent in the media).

Completely OT, but don't you just hate auto correct? It truly can be your worst enema!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23