Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm not new but I'm back after a personal hiatus. Real life got in the way. It's good to see familiar names again. I've been watching Websleuth's YouTube programs and really enjoy them. On YouTube I'm WNC Grannie1. So glad to be back with such great people.

Giphy

Hello everyone, I have a keen interest in investigation type work. I love any crime doc and for my day job do digital forensic. That being said is there a specific place on this forum for digital forensics or for people needing help with that skill set.

A little background on myself, I am a submarine vet for the US navy and have over 10 years of working experience doing digital forensics and incident response. I do not have much free time but the free time I do have I'd love to help others with things more meaningful. So please, help me, help you.

-SedanMan

Hello everyone, I have a keen interest in investigation type work. I love any crime doc and for my day job do digital forensic. That being said is there a specific place on this forum for digital forensics or for people needing help with that skill set.

A little background on myself, I am a submarine vet for the US navy and have over 10 years of working experience doing digital forensics and incident response. I do not have much free time but the free time I do have I'd love to help others with things more meaningful. So please, help me, help you.

-SedanMan
Hi and welcome. We love experts on here. Hit the “report” button on your post and ask a Moderator how you can become a “verified expert” if you would like to do so. Then scan the threads and jump in to any of interest. I would say the Delphi thread of Libby and Abby could really use your help.
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138
welcome aboard!
-Roses

amateur opinion and speculation

Hi and welcome. We love experts on here. Hit the “report” button on your post and ask a Moderator how you can become a “verified expert” if you would like to do so. Then scan the threads and jump in to any of interest. I would say the Delphi thread of Libby and Abby could really use your help.
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138
welcome aboard!
-Roses

amateur opinion and speculation
Or Lizzy and Lyric.
Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Welcome to WS!! :)

Welcome to Websleuths
If you hit the report button and briefly explain in the text area then you can be skill set verified once you go through the process
Enjoy this wonderful site and thank you for wanting to help !

Welcome @SedanMan and

Can you explain a little more what digital forensics is? Sounds exciting and definitely something ws needs.

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all. I took a break from online sleuthing several years ago. I feel myself gravitating back now. I look forward to revisiting cold cases and engaging in new ones with each of you. Hope springs eternal.

Hi everyone, I'm not new but I'm back after a personal hiatus. Real life got in the way. It's good to see familiar names again. I've been watching Websleuth's YouTube programs and really enjoy them. On YouTube I'm WNC Grannie1. So glad to be back with such great people.
Good to see you back - I'm feeling that pull as well :) I look forward to sharing ideas.

Hello fellow Sleuths! I am a Special agent, and myself along with my friend, an Investigative Journalist are in the process of launching our True crime podcast! Our main goal is to highlight unsolved crime and missing persons cases. Each episode will also feature a solved true crime case.

We are hoping to create a tribe of sleuths, who like us, want to see justice brought to the victims of unsolved cases and their families. We know that cases are being cracked everyday with the help of wonderful web sleuths like yourselves. So we just wanted to say hi, and we look forward to engaging in discussions with each of you!

Any ideas or input you have for us, we are always happy to hear and incorporate into our show.

Keep sleuthing,
Two Sleuths Podcast

Hello fellow Sleuths! I am a Special agent, and myself along with my friend, an Investigative Journalist are in the process of launching our True crime podcast! Our main goal is to highlight unsolved crime and missing persons cases. Each episode will also feature a solved true crime case.

We are hoping to create a tribe of sleuths, who like us, want to see justice brought to the victims of unsolved cases and their families. We know that cases are being cracked everyday with the help of wonderful web sleuths like yourselves. So we just wanted to say hi, and we look forward to engaging in discussions with each of you!

Any ideas or input you have for us, we are always happy to hear and incorporate into our show.

Keep sleuthing,
Two Sleuths Podcast
Good luck on your endeavors.

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Justin and I just stumbled upon and joined WebSleuths. I have a feeling that this is definitely going to be a new "rabbit hole" in my life and I'm very excited about that!

I am a huge fan of the true crime podcasts, shows, investigations, etc. So, I think I'm definitely in the right spot.

I am also hoping to get a new forum going (I can't seem to find a current one that's already related) regarding my Uncle's murder in Columbus, GA. It is currently the oldest unsolved murder case in Columbus, Georgia. Billy Hicks: May 3, 1973; 100 Sixth St., Columbus, GA.

Wish me luck!

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Justin and I just stumbled upon and joined WebSleuths. I have a feeling that this is definitely going to be a new "rabbit hole" in my life and I'm very excited about that!

I am a huge fan of the true crime podcasts, shows, investigations, etc. So, I think I'm definitely in the right spot.

I am also hoping to get a new forum going (I can't seem to find a current one that's already related) regarding my Uncle's murder in Columbus, GA. It is currently the oldest unsolved murder case in Columbus, Georgia. Billy Hicks: May 3, 1973; 100 Sixth St., Columbus, GA.

Wish me luck!
Welcome to Ws @ jmyrick17!
Started a thread with the little info.i could find..
GA - GA- Billy Hicks, 40, Shot in head, 100 Sixth St, Columbia, 3 May 1973.

Stuff Evolves. New forum format, now a male admin... what next?! Bot mods?

Just Kidding, in the likely chance that this is the forum I used to post to eons ago (7 to 10 years back iirc) I will simply reintroduce myself. Back in the day I was known as just Karl and had joined because of the extremely favorable ratio of females over males on this site. Seriously, there was that (I have since married and divorced... on good terms) but also the fact that while women in general are more astute then men at spotting the minute detail that will break open a case sometimes the less "scrutanistic" but nonetheless inquisitive common sense of a regular bloke can act as plunger in clogged sink. Curious to know if old-timers will recall me, I had over 1,000 posts iirc. What brought me here originally was the unsolved murder of my great-grandfather in 1933. I am 58 and in unusually good shape say Doc. Didn't keep my goatie from turning snow white but hair still brown lol. Spend my time between big City Montreal where I work and Rural Maine where I dwell. Dual US and Canadian citizenship. Best of both worlds, grateful for my birth right on the border (well, a mile away on the US side but closest hospital with maternity ward was on Canadian side and everyone born in Fort Kent has duak citizenship except draft dodgers.)

Last edited:
Hello WS, I’m Anna from the UK.

I’ve been reading WS for a short while, since the beginning of the Petito case, whilst also following the Murdaugh case and thought it was time I actually joined up.

Looking forward to possibly giving some helpful input :)

A

Hello, Everyone!

Welcome aborad Justin, It was a rabbit hole for me for several years, then I quit for marital reasons and now I'm back a decade older but still determined to solve the the decades-old case of a murdered relative. It's addictive. Even if I don't find answers I'm seeking pertaining to a 1933 cold case (and no I wasn't born yet lol) being able to assist others whenever possible is very fulfilling, so it has made me travel to many parts of US and Canada including a 1800-mile drive to see a librarian in Alabama regarding the vanishing of a local man in the 1880's. She had warned me of a likely legend/hoax but I had to be there. Hoax. At least now I'm sure.

As fot my relative he was paymaster at a papermill and known to haul large amounts of cash ($20,000 then, which is like $240,000 now) in his car. He was shot in the driver's seat from behind by an amateurish but lucky -for a while- perp who left about half the loot in the car. That suspect was later killed in Normandy foollowing D-Day. Hi wife insisted he was sole perp but neither of the three LE agencies who investicated the case (Maine Troopers, FBI and Canadian Mounties) believed it was him because he was deemed a "dimwit". His widow tried to give back the money but they wouldn't take it and insurance took the loss. Their explanation for her having that though : inheritence (true) The last person I knew who had come across the "dimwit" was my father's older cousin Fred who is now 98. He said the suspect was well known for playing the fool to manipulate others but was nowhere near as dumb as portrayed, just uncanilly apt apt at faking it. Nevertheless there is solid evidence that he couldn't have done it, he wasn't even aware my ggf carried that sort of cash aound, he thought all employees were paid at the factory. also, he was 14 and had no handgun despite their ubiquity in Maine . Nonetheless tis was capital offenseand I tkink police wanted solid proof.

Last edited:
Hello, Everyone!

Wish me luck!

73 is still "current" by ways 0f a number of adult contemporaries being still around to remember the context. I hope you will get to the bottom of it. Not knowing is the worst part, it's one of the most frustrating situations I ever experienced and I never even knew the victim! He just happened to be my great-grandfather.

I am a newbie and have a lot to learn here to navigate smoothly... I was one of Alicia Markovich's best friends when she vanished in 1987. I have been an advocate for over 10 years for Alicia trying to keep her disappearance in the spotlight. A group of us have just recently started a full blown social media awareness campaign including a Billboard (with wrong phone# attached) to try to get new tips and a new look into Alicia's case. If you have any information or tips please contact Trooper Murdock of the PSP Indiana Barracks at 1-724-357-1978.

Hello All - I was a lurker for a while but recently jumped back into WS.

I am working with the family of Shawn Betz in my hometown of Upland, CA to re-ignite a 34 year old cold case.

Tomorrow we'll be at a televised meeting with the Police Chief, Mayor & City Manager.

Hope they are receptive & this goes well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong