GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/crepeau

Linn tells jurors that we'll stop for the evening at 6 p.m. Which is luxurious compared to the long hours everyone worked last week. sounds like the trial may not be over until tomorrow or Wednesday, Linn says.

Dan Webb beginning cross-examination of Smollett.

Webb: On how many different occasions did you explain to the Chicago Police Dept that you were the victim of a hate crime?
Smollett: Many times. I don't know.

Webb: Did you want police to believe you were the victim of a hate crime?
Smollett: I wanted police to solve a crime that had happened to me.

Webb repeatedly trying to make hay of the fact that Smollett at first declined to turn over his phone, his DNA and medical records. "Do you believe now that you actually withheld evidence from Chicago Police officers (that might have been helpful to them)?"

Webb: Did he decline to give police his phone because it would show extensive contact with Abimbola Osundairo?
Smollett: No, "there was no reason to be concerned about the Osundairo brothers (on my phone), because what happened to me happened, so there was nothing to hide."

ETA: whoopsie...added linky :D

"Smollett did the Robin Roberts interview because he works "for a very powerful network, Fox," and he didn't feel like he could decline. He was not comfortable doing the interview, he says. "

"When the Smollett story blew up it was "complete chaos," he says. "Everybody had something to say from the random troll to the president of the United States … everybody had their own idea of what the story was ... they told me, you do (the interview), it’s one and done."

"Defense attorney Uche: "Did you feel comfortable with all that attention on you?"
Smollett: "I hated it."

"Uche trying to establish that Smollett's career has taken a nosedive since all this broke. Uche: "Are you some George Clooney type actor?"
Smollett: "No, I've lost my livelihood."

"Smollett strenuously denying that he ever characterized the Osundairos as "black as sin," like a CPD detective said earlier in trial. "I would never, ever, ever utter those words. Ever." Uche establishing that Smollett's mother, who is in court, is darker-skinned than Smollett."

"Smollett also saying that a text jurors saw from Olabinjo Osundairo describing someone as "fruity *advertiser censored*" is, in his opinion, homophobic. "I am a gay man, I get to say yes, it’s homophobic."

"Smollett testifies that also considers it offensive that a CPD detective, while interrogating the Osundairos, referred to Smollett's "pretty face."
He was not comfortable doing the interview, he says. ...
"Did you feel comfortable with all that attention on you?"
Smollett: "I hated it."

I am glad they showed the GMA interview to the jury because he looked VERY comfortable doing that interview, imo. He looked to be savouring the experience actually.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted all the twitter info.
What a complete Sh#@ Show.
The guy is a piece of work unlike no other. A pathological liar, so arrogant, full of himself, defiant, etc....it is kind of scary how much BS boldly comes out of his mouth.

Also, with the testimony last weekof homohobia attributed to the brothers, now Jussie is claiming he and A had relations and went to bathhouse??? confusing to me

I want to know where was the sandwich when he was getting attacked and how did it survive so he could still eat it. Where was the sandwich when he threw the punch? Trying to visual all this.

Maybe the sammie turned hard and icy...because it was very cold that night......, and JS used his sammie as a weapon? LOL J/k

I want to know where was the sandwich when he was getting attacked and how did it survive so he could still eat it. Where was the sandwich when he threw the punch? Trying to visual all this.
He will probably say he dropped the bag [if it was in the bag] when assaulted but then picked it up as he was leaving. But even that explanation seems very odd. Who is concerned with their sandwich after being attacked by 2 violent racists on the street? I'd be running home as fast as possible, with no concern about my tuna sandwich.

I am glad they showed the GMA interview to the jury because he looked VERY comfortable doing that interview, imo. He looked to be savouring the experience actually.

I just had a thought. GMA is on ABC, right? Why would he feel compelled to do an interview on another network if he was on Fox? Wouldn't fox interview him?

Thanks so much to everyone who posted all the twitter info.
What a complete Sh#@ Show.
The guy is a piece of work unlike no other. A pathological liar, so arrogant, full of himself, defiant, etc....it is kind of scary how much BS boldly comes out of his mouth.

Also, with the testimony last weekof homohobia attributed to the brothers, now Jussie is claiming he and A had relations and went to bathhouse??? confusing to me
My prediction, they will say that Abel pretended to be homophobic so no one would know he was hanging out at gay bath houses, etc.

But the problem is, if the brothers had been on a parade float at Gay Pride, and worked as bouncers at gay nightclubs, it is hard to believe they were homophobic.

My gay cousin uses the words fruity and the F word also, when joking around and when cussing someone out.

I just had a thought. GMA is on ABC, right? Why would he feel compelled to do an interview on another network if he was on Fox? Wouldn't fox interview him?

Possible Political Move? Fox was not as 'outspoken' as ABC and other networks when it came to Political and Activist type thinking. He was trying to make his statement, IMO.

"Webb: "Were you concerned that if you produced your medical records it would show you didn’t suffer any significant injury?" Smollett: "I absolutely did suffer significant injury," he said. There's still a scar and some blackness around his eye, he said. "

"We're seeing part of a transcript Northwestern doctor's testimony from last week, at which he testified that the X-rays and scans showed "no injuries." Smollett: "I remember that, and I also remember (the doctor) saying that the facial injuries were real."

"Smollett said he agreed to give his DNA to the FBI after ex-CPD Supt Eddie Johnson alleged that Smollett had sent himself the threatening letter. "I knew that wasn’t true," and the DNA test would be the only way to prove that, he said. "

And let's not forget that he performed at the Troubadour club, bragging that he "fought the *advertiser censored** back!" This was just days after the incident. Now Smollett is trying to present himself as a shy, reclusive character who shunned publicity. Hmmm.

"Webb showing jurors a side-by-side comparison of 1) a still frame of Smollett walking up to his apartment and 2) a frame of CPD bodycam showing Smollett inside his apartment. The rope around his neck looks different in each photo."

"Webb: Did you try to tamper with the rope to make it look like more serious? Smollett denies it, and says in the later pic it looks LESS like a noose: "There’s no reason to make something look less like a noose if you’re trying to get more attention for a supposed hoax."

"If the volume of tweets has slowed down it's because this cross is moving way more slowly than the rapid-fire direct ..."
Quote Tweet
-YfHZkA1_mini.jpg

Jason Meisner
@jmetr22b
· 43m
'Webb has been questioning Smollett for 15 minutes about one thing: Why didn't he want to turn over his cell phone to the police? He says he values his privacy. Prosecutors say he was trying to hide communications with Abel Osundairo.'

"Smollett reiterating that the "might need your help on the low" text was about his request for herbal steroids. Webb: "did you put that in the email?" (I assume here he meant "the text") Smollett: "No, why would I do that?"

Tuna Sandwich?
@Marg from Oz bbm. Thanks for your post. Good question. I wondered whether the sandwich was Jussie's punch.

Last edited:

"Abimbola's testimony about Smollett recruiting him for a hoax is "Fully false, 100 percent false," Smollett says."

"Webb asks Smollett, repeatedly, if he knows the name of the herbal steroid he wanted to buy from Abimbola. Smollett responds, repeatedly, that he does not know."

"Webb: "Anything there’s surveillance (video) on you’re going to admit happened, right?" Smollett responds that he's been consistent and truthful from the beginning, whether it was on surveillance or not. "

"And we're wrapping up for the night. Cross-examination is not complete -- Webb says he'll pick that back up in the morning. "

Megan Crepeau
@crepeau

·
2m
On the night of the encounter, Smollett landed at O'Hare after a long-delayed flight and his "creative director" picked him up. Abimbola called him around 12:45 a.m. to discuss scheduling a workout, Smollett said. "I told him I was on my way home, he knew that."

"Abimbola reminded him on that call to eat four eggs after his workout, Smollett said. Smollett planned to go to a nearby Walgreens to pick them up because he thought it was 24 hours. "

"Smollett got home, rolled a blunt but did not smoke it, then put on a sweater/jacket and set out for Walgreens, he testifies. They were closed, so he decided to head to Subway instead. "

"Smollett on the stand: it was cold, but not subzero cold. "The polar vortex was two days away … right at that moment it was 12 degrees above." "

So JS thinks a trade out of Subway sandwich (carbs) compares to 4 eggs (protein)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr