Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE doesn't know the person(s) responsible for creating this online profile I'd be surprised. I don't think for a second they are trying to find out 'who' it is.

And I also would wager this information was not known by LE early on, rather, was uncovered somewhat recently, in the past several months, as a result of ongoing investigation.

I absolutely agree with you on this I think they've known about it for quite awhile. I wonder if they're releasing it now and urgently at that because it may relate to the other young lady who is missing in the area. Perhaps they believe that releasing it now could potentially save her life and help to locate her. Otherwise what reason would they have had for sitting on this information for five years, or however long they've had it?

Whether LE has had this information for two days or much longer something compelled them to release it last night at 9:32pm.
Because it was released as concerning the Delhi case I think it was released mostly to benefit that case though the missing girl may somehow be linked.
There’s a good bit of talk here about LE might have somebody in custody and because of that I guess Chadwell is still a in play here. It was a little weird how he so suddenly pleaded guilty. Maybe he’s talking.

I think you might be right. It's kind of strange to release this new information about Abby and Libby now, knowing it might overshadow the search for Tout while at the same time reissuing a Silver Alert. I searched to see if there's a thread for her on WS but could not find one.

"Tout is described as being a white female, 5’5″, 120 pounds, strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and has a nose piercing.

She was last seen Sunday, October 26, 2021 at 7 p.m. and believed to be in extreme danger."

Courtney Tout missing from Richmond, IN

Missing and endangered 14 yo girl, gone since late October and they're just now putting out an alert? I hope they find her.

(CNN)Authorities investigating the murders of Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, in Delphi, Indiana, are asking for help finding the creator of a fake social media profile named 'anthony_shots,' according to an Indiana State Police (ISP) news release.

In February 2017, Abby and Libby set out to hike at the Delphi Historic Trails during a day off from school, but they never returned home. Their bodies were discovered the next day along a railroad bridge near Dear Creek in Delphi. Nearly five years later, the killer remains at large, CNN has reported.
In 2019, police released a new sketch and additional video from one of the girl's cell phones, but despite tips flooding in, the case has yet to be solved.
Monday, Detectives with the Carroll County Sheriff's Office and Indiana State Police asked for the public's help regarding the social media profile for 'anthony_shots,' which was used from 2016 to 2017 on Snapchat, Instagram and possibly other social media sites, according to the news release.

The catfish account "used images of a known male model and portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars," ISP said. "The creator of the fictitious profile used this information while communicating with juvenile females to solicit nude images, obtain their addresses, and attempt to meet them."
Investigators have identified the model pictured in the photos and are clear to say "he is not a person of interest in the investigation." Detectives however are seeking information about "the person who created the anthony_shots profile," according to the news release.
"Investigators would like any individual that communicated with, met, or attempted to meet the anthony_shots profile to contact law enforcement by utilizing the tip email/phone number: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 765-822-3535," ISP said.

It is not clear how the person who created the account is connected to the killing of the two teenage girls.

Delphi Murders: Police look for person behind fake social media profile - CNN

Progress! Rather than trying to read into this more than it says I think LE are indeed looking to find the person behind this fictitious profile. Considering the known timeline, whether it was Libby or Abby (or not) who he was communicating with is no less cause for suspicion. He’s obviously a predator. IMO.

While investigating the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, detectives with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office and the Indiana State Police have uncovered an online profile named anthony_shots. This profile was being used from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications, including but not limited to, Snapchat and Instagram. The fictitious anthony_shots profile used images of a known male model and portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars. The creator of the fictitious profile used this information while communicating with juvenile females to solicit nude images, obtain their addresses, and attempt to meet them. Pictured below, you’ll see images of the known male model and images the fictitious anthony_shots profile sent to underage females.

We have already identified the male in these images that were used by the anthony_shots profile. The male that is in the photos is not a person of interest in the investigation. Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information

It kind of makes sense that there is some sort of cyber connection to this crime. For me, it brings together the comments by LE that the killer is nearby, could be in the room, could have heard his voice. Figuratively, because if he interacted with random people in Delphi via the web, in a sense, he was there. Not in person but maybe his profile was on someone’s phone, right there in the room. Moo and just my random thoughts to bring some of the comments made by LE through the years to the current info. MOO

Last edited:
What I find VERY interesting here, is that the ISP haven’t said ‘If you are Anthony Shots, we want to talk to you. Please come forward and contact us.’ Why haven’t they said that??? I think it’s because they know he’s the murderer so he wouldn’t do so. Don’t forget they said during 2019 PC that they wanted the driver of the abandoned car at the CPS building to contact them, but not Anthony Shots. I hope this is the break they need to catch him.

Agree. If they had info about the Anthony Shots "catfishing" account, they would have said something at least in the 2019 case update. Something else put this social media account on their radar fairly recently. Perhaps there's some new technology that allowed them to find deleted information from the girl's cell phone or other computer accounts.

I just don't see them sitting on this information for years without alerting the public.

They would be exhausting every avenue of investigation in private before releasing it to the public. Example: creating fake profiles of young girls to engage the accounts in conversation. Trying to obtain IP details. Finding linked accounts with other usernames to follow up on.

There's not that much to gain by releasing this to the public. They have to have done as much as they need to with this information behind closed doors first.

While we're waiting, this is a link to a juvenile sextortion cybercrime case that I've been following for years. The crimes were committed against juveniles before, during and after the murder of Libby and Abby. The perpetrator was finally sentenced this year.

It illustrates just how difficult it is to solve a cybercrime case and the number of agencies involved but it also gives insight to the lengths a perpetrator will go to get what he wants. There were 375 victims. And the perp used many different aliases.

The perp lived in CA and his victims were in Plainfield, Indiana, not far from Delphi. Coincidentally, Doug Carter worked on the case. Why the perp chose that area, I have no idea. I also have no idea whether he worked alone.

Is there a link to Libby and Abby? I don't know but it's been on my radar. Learning that this case possibly started with a cybercrime and its proximity to Delphi prompted me to take another look at it.

Child Predator and Cyberterrorist, Buster Hernandez, aka "BrianKil," is Sentenced to 75 years in Federal Prison

I have a question. From your experience, do these guys tend to have a certain preference, maybe ethnic, or looks? Or is age the main thing? I am merely thinking whether this guy targeted certain states because of proximity, or merely because he had own preferences. (Practically: what states to scan for victims, first?)

I think you might be right. It's kind of strange to release this new information about Abby and Libby now, knowing it might overshadow the search for Tout while at the same time reissuing a Silver Alert. I searched to see if there's a thread for her on WS but could not find one.

"Tout is described as being a white female, 5’5″, 120 pounds, strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and has a nose piercing.

She was last seen Sunday, October 26, 2021 at 7 p.m. and believed to be in extreme danger."

Courtney Tout missing from Richmond, IN

Maybe they think it's connected?
Maybe the guy that lured the girls to the bridge that day was attempting to lure them into a car and kidnap them but they refused and fought back?
Maybe a pedo and/or human trafficking operation? MOO

So, where does this put us?

Man behind 'anthony_shots' account charged for child *advertiser censored*; docs don't tie him to Delphi case

Well it seems ISP has the answers about who is behind the fictitious account right in front of their face. This news release makes it appear as the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

From your link -
“On Tuesday morning, News 8’s Demie Johnson received a probable cause affidavit filed in 2020 that links 27-year-old Kegan Anthony Kline, listed in online court records with a Kokomo address, to the “anthony_shots” social media account.

On Aug. 19, 2020, Kline was charged with 30 felonies, including child exploitation, possession of child *advertiser censored*, obstruction of justice and synthetic identity deception. The documents, which are heavily redacted, do not make any mention of the Delphi case…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member