CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Deniese Shalize Hiraman – The Charley Project
Deniese Shalize Hiraman is definitely young for this Jane Doe, but the details of her disappearance certainly make it seem like she could have been alive for a few years afterward.
hiraman_deniese.jpg
0aff7fb3-35d2-44c7-9d34-325874d30788-jpeg.311836

Oh wow, Diana Trepkov and the Durham police didn't really come close to what the UID may have looked like.

Also, It could possibly make sense that it is Melanie Etheir. The person that was thought to have killed Melanie may have traveled to Barrie after her death. Highway 401 connects the highway towards Barrie and it also connects to New Liskard. The person suspected of killing Melanie was into racing and Derby's and Mosport is located near here and was fairly active in the 90's. The man they think is responsible for killing Melanie also had a habit of bringing girls to Hotels and sexually assaulting them; in fact, he tried to do this to Melanie's sister. The UID is located within minutes of two old truck stop motels. One was the 5th wheel truck stop and the other I can't remember the name. The UID's body is located in between both stops.

I'm beyond curious to see if it is her because I had submitted Melanie in the earlier days before Diana Trepkov made her sketch when I was posting on Unsolved Canada. In the beginning, the police said the remains were of a native person or a person of mixed race, but then they changed the ethnicity to caucasian so I never pressed the issue.

Last edited:
Canada has the National DNA Data Bank (NDDB) which can be cross referenced to Codis.

I was reading about ancestry and a study done using 23 and Me data base makes reference to genotypes. In essence many people self-identify based on ethnic and racial identity rather than genotype data. Bi-racial people may identify more with their physical characteristics eg., being black because of how society views them so that characteristic molds their identity.

Many genotype characteristics aren't always visible.
This woman was classified as indigenous because her birth mother was Inuk but she presented as a blond haired, blue eyed woman. Her mother is clearly an indigenous woman of Inuk heritage.

So it's possible that this woman may not have exhibited any characteristics of a AA/SE Asian person. It makes me wonder sometimes when people are reported missing, especially when family are not in the picture (and sometimes even if they are) report the individual based on their superficial characteristics because they aren't aware of their racial background. We might end up excluding a lot of missing people if we focus too heavily on physical appearance when the DNA profile is available. I know I never would have looked at Loretta Saunders as an indigenous woman if only her remains were discovered based on her image.

Here's a copy of the overview I referred to earlier.

The Genetic Ancestry of African Americans, Latinos, and European Americans across the United States
O/t Terrible coincidence regarding Loretta Saunders, her sister has been found deceased.
Canada- RCMP investigate death of Diem Saunders, N.L. advocate for Indigenous women, 7 Sept 2021

This is interesting. I wonder when DDP started doing bio geographic ancestry testing? I don't see any update on their website that they have diversified from genetic genealogy. Same original stats for this UI. I agree that it looks like a Karl approximation so I am wondering where this very different info on ancestry came from and how he acquired it. Just curious.

New video about this case
It is mentioned that she was likely from the Caribbean or of recent Caribbean decent
Although no one country can be definitively pinned down at this point, it seems that
Bowmanville Jane Doe had distant cousins in countries such as Saint Lucia and Saint
Vincent & the Grenadines, though she may well have had familial ties to other parts of
the Caribbean too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back