TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

Families sue after best friends killed in Astroworld Festival disaster

I did not realize 2 of the victims who died were best friends in high school.

Jacob "Jake" Jurinek, 20, and Franco Patino, 21, died 20 minutes apart the night of Nov. 5 at the concert at NRG Park, according to medical examiner reports.

……

According to the lawsuit, Jurinek and Patino were best friends who played on their high school football team together in a Chicago suburb.

At the time of their deaths, Jurinek was a student at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale while Patino attended the University of Dayton.

"In a December 3 filing, per Billboard, attorneys on both sides requested to combine all 275 current lawsuits — representing more than 1,250 plaintiffs — into a single case under Texas multi-district litigation rules. Combining the cases, which is standard legal procedure for mass-injury and -casualty events, aims to help streamline processes such as evidence discovery and protect from conflicting judgments among cases.

The filing emphasized that more cases could still be added to the combined case, with more than 2,500 plaintiffs now retaining lawyers. Next, the combined case will have to be approved and assigned to a judge, while the plaintiffs will have to consolidate their legal representation to a few attorneys."

Astroworld Lawsuits to Become One Case With Over 1,250 Plaintiffs

"A Houston law firm is demanding $10 billion for the resolution of more than 1,500 cases it has filed on behalf of victims of the Astroworld Festival tragedy at NRG Park in Houston on Nov. 5 that resulted in 10 people dead and hundreds of injuries.

Attorney Brent Coon, founder of Brent Coon & Associates announced the massive lawsuit Monday against rapper and headliner Travis Scott and other defendants. The firm currently represents 1,547 concert goers, more than any other group seeking damages to date, according to a news release. In addition to litigating high profile mass tragedies across the county for the last 35 years, Coon said he has also run a promotion company for 20 years and is familiar with how events like Astroworld are supposed to be planned."

Houston law firm files $10 billion Astroworld mega lawsuit

"A Houston law firm is demanding $10 billion for the resolution of more than 1,500 cases it has filed on behalf of victims of the Astroworld Festival tragedy at NRG Park in Houston on Nov. 5 that resulted in 10 people dead and hundreds of injuries.

Attorney Brent Coon, founder of Brent Coon & Associates announced the massive lawsuit Monday against rapper and headliner Travis Scott and other defendants. The firm currently represents 1,547 concert goers, more than any other group seeking damages to date, according to a news release. In addition to litigating high profile mass tragedies across the county for the last 35 years, Coon said he has also run a promotion company for 20 years and is familiar with how events like Astroworld are supposed to be planned."

Houston law firm files $10 billion Astroworld mega lawsuit

Travis may have seen this amount coming and quickly initiated the dismissal of lawsuits. Is the 10b directed at Travis solely or collectively with other parties?

Travis may have seen this amount coming and quickly initiated the dismissal of lawsuits. Is the 10b directed at Travis solely or collectively with other parties?
@Luna20
From the link: "Attorney Brent Coon, founder of Brent Coon & Associates announced the massive lawsuit Monday against rapper and headliner Travis Scott and other defendants." **bbm

Also a quote from same atty at same link:*
""Everyone associated with these types of events has the power to halt conduct that is resulting in injury to attendees. It has been terribly disappointing that some defendants have already gone public misstating and down-playing their responsibilities that attach to events such as this." bbm

Quite common to name multiple defendants whose actions may have contributed to the injuries and deaths. At least as the atty/law firm for plaintiffs view it. my2ct

* Houston law firm files $10 billion Astroworld mega lawsuit

Last edited:
I hope that in the future, people make a thoughtful decision prior to purchasing concert tickets.

It isn't worth death. And maybe, if people stop going to these functions, letting the organizers know that there needs to be more money spent on planning, to ensure safety for everyone.

I hope people will really think twice about attending concerts like this.

@Luna20
From the link: "Attorney Brent Coon, founder of Brent Coon & Associates announced the massive lawsuit Monday against rapper and headliner Travis Scott and other defendants." **bbm

Also a quote from same atty at same link:*
""Everyone associated with these types of events has the power to halt conduct that is resulting in injury to attendees. It has been terribly disappointing that some defendants have already gone public misstating and down-playing their responsibilities that attach to events such as this." bbm

Quite common to name multiple defendants whose actions may have contributed to the injuries and deaths. At least as the atty/law firm for plaintiffs view it. my2ct

* Houston law firm files $10 billion Astroworld mega lawsuit

Thanks @al66pine
I take that to mean everyone. See what sticks!

Travis Scott Said He Feels The Media Is Forcing Responsibility For The Astroworld Tragedy Onto Him In His First Interview Since The Concert That Killed 10 Fans — BuzzFeed News

“Well, yeah, you know, I'm the face of the festival, I’m a artist," he said. "So yeah, the media is… They wanna put it on me."
Oh boo-fricking-hoo. Poor Travis, who kept performing onstage for 45 minutes after it was declared a mass casualty, and could see ambulances trying to get through the crowd. What a d*ck.

Moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back