GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/jmetr22b

"At the end of Smollett's testimony, Webb moved to strike anything about the $2 million, saying the question had been "disguised" in redirect and he would have objected. Linn said too late to strike, but advised jury that they can decide what weight, if any, to give it.

"Driver says he saw the brothers whispering but he does not know if one of them was on the phone. (defense has posited that brothers had phones even though Smollett purportedly told them not to bring them). He says they changed the destination after they got in. "

"When people start talking or they change destination they are not on the same page," the cab driver, whose name I did not catch, says. At one point they saw a cab and said to stop and jumped out of his car, he says. "

This Uber driver may be the defense's last witness.

JUST IN: Lawyers for #JussieSmollett have rested their case.

#JussieSmolllett prosecutors say they have no rebuttal. Lawyers are going to make closing arguments Wednesday morning and the jury will get the case.
Did this^^^ Uber driver pick the brothers up to take them to the beat down, or was this their ride home AFTERWARDS?

If JS wanted them not to have their phones with them, how were they supposed to get uber rides at the time?

Did this^^^ Uber driver pick the brothers up to take them to the beat down, or was this their ride home AFTERWARDS?

If JS wanted them not to have their phones with them, how were they supposed to get uber rides at the time?

All good questions, and sadly the testimony by tweet was unclear. Much was missing...

The Uber driver said he believed he heard the brothers talking on the phone as he drove them south from Lakeview, and they later changed the destination of their ride, contradicting the brothers’ earlier testimony that they did not have their phones with them during that ride, because Smollett asked them not to bring them. However, the driver said he never actually saw them with a phone.

Jussie Smollett Testifies Osundairo Brothers Asked For $2 Million To Say They Weren't Involved In Any Hoax

Respectfully snipped ------
Two men, regardless of race, roaming through the streets of downtown Chicago at 2am in the dead of a freezing winter night shouting this is MAGA country rings false with most Chicagoans, IMO. Hopefully , members of the jury are among them.

But here's the thing: Smollett claims the attack was all the doing of Ola and Bola. Smollett says he had no involvement in it, other than being a victim. So this puts all the crazy ineptitude on Ola and Bola. I'm afraid at least one juror might believe this story hook, line and sinker.

But here's the thing: Smollett claims the attack was all the doing of Ola and Bola. Smollett says he had no involvement in it, other than being a victim. So this puts all the crazy ineptitude on Ola and Bola. I'm afraid at least one juror might believe this story hook, line and sinker.

I thought JS said he didn't know who the "pale" assailants were?

Jussie is claiming this was a 'real' attack. IMO, nobody, I mean nobody is going to look at his non injuries and believe either of those brothers, much less both, whipped his azz and he came out looking like a daisy.

Jussie is claiming this was a 'real' attack. IMO, nobody, I mean nobody is going to look at his non injuries and believe either of those brothers, much less both, whipped his azz and he came out looking like a daisy.
Yes. His hospital photo shows a "sad" face with a little smudgy on the cheek. Ridiculous. Only hope all the jurors agree.

Former CPD Police Chief Eddie Johnson was mentioned earlier and it reminded me of how angry he was at Jussie once the details came out. I have linked some videos from some press conferences from back then if anyone is interested. One of the links has Chicago's former mayor's comments. He was livid. He talked about the disservice Jussie did to victims of true hate crimes.

I also linked the Jussie on Robin Roberts video. He cries some fake tears when talking about the plight of gay men, the plight of all the downtrodden, blah blah, like he's some crusader...oh the drama. He talks way too long, rambles on and on, spewing out what happened. Has an answer for everything. Reminiscent of Jodi Arias again.

One thing I was thinking is it's funny how 2 dudes in masks at 2 am in January could tell they were seeing an Empire actor from a distance to yell at and beat up. But Jussie could not tell their race, when close up and beating him up. Yeah right.

Here is a big problem with JS's story---1 of many:

Why would the brothers know that they would find JS walking on that exact street at 2 am? They knew he was on a very delayed return flight and was on the way home---but did JS ever tweet out, or text them, that he was going to walk on that street later that night?

And why were they driving around in the Mercedes on that same exact street corner, 3 times driving past it, during their supposed 'smoke' drive? >>> that is too big of a coincidence for me.

And what is the motive for the brothers to attack him that night? That 'security job' seems a weak motive given that they were just paid 3500 for some weight training and had been getting steady work on Empire, which is more along the lines of the work they wanted.

Why assault their Golden Goose?

Could the prosecution been more aggressive in asking JS about his political story? This was so obvious.

JS was offended by the prosecutor saying a word he was repeating? Seriously? No one can even say the "N word" in any context? In the courtroom, to discuss the reported hate crime against JS?

Could the prosecution been more aggressive in asking JS about his political story? This was so obvious.

JS was offended by the prosecutor saying a word he was repeating? Seriously? No one can even say the "N word" in any context? In the courtroom, to discuss the reported hate crime against JS?
According to my teenage caucasian daughter it’s ok for racist and homophobic comments to be made by people who are either but no one else is allowed to say those words because we have not been oppressed. Seriously this is the world we live in and it’s getting ridiculous. Also she alleges it’s only ok for them to use such slang when it applies to them and improper for anyone else to use such terms. I hate this and JS has done more than his fair share to make the division of our country worse. IMO
Difficult to improve race relations when people are faking racist homophobic attacks and more. Heartbreaking to see this and that’s even allowed. Downright shameful tbh. I couldn’t care less about anyone’s race, religion, politics or gender preference. We can’t get past this with these types of shenanigans. IMO

IMO, there was SO Much that wasn't approached at all in this trial. Politics aside, even the waste of government (the peoples) money for the expansive investigation wasn't discussed. Nor was the secretive Plea Deal, that was originally given to Smollett by the DA discussed either.
Dan Webb has a history. And, IMO...he is a great orator and litigator for what I may call Political cleanups.

Yes. His hospital photo shows a "sad" face with a little smudgy on the cheek. Ridiculous. Only hope all the jurors agree.

The fact that JS went to the ER is ridiculous. So sad there is not a Dave Chappelle skit on this incident. Not making light of hate crimes, or anything else. But the most ludicrous part, that is also the most offensive to me personally, is the "noose".

Why did JS keep a noose around his neck until the police arrived, 30 minutes later?

The fact that JS was in a show about the museum dedicated to victims of lynching, is significant to me.
Jussie Smollett recently hosted documentary on lynching, filmmaker talks 'coincidence'

It literally cracked me up

Not once not twice but three times.

Rules for thee but not for me.

Maybe texting the word is ok.

“N—a this *advertiser censored* brutal af. Still on this damn runway,” Smollett wrote to Osundairo at 7:27 p.m. on Jan. 28, 2019.

“N—a I cant even express how annoying it is and then how happy I am to be in the air,” Smollett wrote.

“N—a finally made it just landed haha,” Smollett wrote.

Jussie Smollett sent messages with alleged cohort on night of attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member