TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

To be honest, I don't think a reward, big or small, will help Alan's case.

I think it will sadly remain a mystery.

There are too many unknowns and too many questions marks about his murder that the police haven't been able to fill in.

To be honest, I don't think a reward, big or small, will help Alan's case.

I think it will sadly remain a mystery.

There are too many unknowns and too many questions marks about his murder that the police haven't been able to fill in.
Yeah, I figured Alan's data - phone, computer, car - and maybe cam data, might get this one solved. Or interviews with those close to Alan - partner, family, friends, associates - was there some stress in his life - financial, health, romantic, professional, etc? Not looking good at this late date. They haven't even ruled out accidental death or suicide, have they?

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured Alan's data - phone, computer, car - and maybe cam data, might get this one solved. Or interviews with those close to Alan - partner, family, friends, associates - was there some stress in his life - financial, health, romantic, professional, etc? Not looking good at this late date. They haven't even ruled out accidental death or suicide, have they?

Brother stated homicide - the article has been linked in here several times, including post-discovery of his body.

Brother stated homicide - the article has been linked in here several times, including post-discovery of his body.

Are you speaking of the link in which AW's brother stated homicide?

Or are you stating that there is a link issued by the DPD or Detective Barnes stating that AW's death has been confirmed to be homicide by the LEO in charge of the case ?

I accept Alan's brother's "opinion" of his death as a homicide. I think he has factual reasons to state this, but would never jeopardize the investigation by divulging anything shared with him by LE. JMO ...

I agree.

“‘It is a point of closure, but I believe, I even made a Facebook post about it, but full closure will come when I’m sitting in a Dallas courtroom and whoever has done this is having to answer for what he’s done,’ said Tim.” Death of Alan White: Family increasing reward for information | wfaa.com

Usually I hold some reservations if a family comes out with their opinion if LE has not indicated theirs yet because I know there's a desire to "blame" someone else for their loved ones death and have something concrete to direct their anger and grief towards, even if the case is pointing more so towards accident/suicide/etc (if anyones following the Jelani Day case, you know what I mean).
However, im an agreement with Alan's brother, I've always thought foul play was most likely here. I wonder if his brother knows something we don't and that's why they are raising the reward a year later? I mean, they must have something from LE that would indicate that sightings/tips would help, right? Or are they in the dark (i hope not imo that's irresponsible of LE) and just trying anything?

Usually I hold some reservations if a family comes out with their opinion if LE has not indicated theirs yet because I know there's a desire to "blame" someone else for their loved ones death and have something concrete to direct their anger and grief towards, even if the case is pointing more so towards accident/suicide/etc (if anyones following the Jelani Day case, you know what I mean).
However, im an agreement with Alan's brother, I've always thought foul play was most likely here. I wonder if his brother knows something we don't and that's why they are raising the reward a year later? I mean, they must have something from LE that would indicate that sightings/tips would help, right? Or are they in the dark (i hope not imo that's irresponsible of LE) and just trying anything?

The brother described one detective as “top notch.” The family is not in the dark but the family is private, IMO.
Death of Alan White: Family increasing reward for information | wfaa.com

Has the matter of dead yet finally disclosed?
I follow other cases where you have it in a reasonable time! This case has been mishandled from the beginning- I have no faith in the Dallas PD to solve any crime fast! I still believe it was a hate crime - what else stands out? Nothing!
All my opinion of course!

Has the matter of dead yet finally disclosed?
I follow other cases where you have it in a reasonable time! This case has been mishandled from the beginning- I have no faith in the Dallas PD to solve any crime fast! I still believe it was a hate crime - what else stands out? Nothing!
All my opinion of course!

No COD released, to my knowledge

I don’t think anything “stands out” here - there simply isn’t much information.

JMO.

A lot of shootings. I’ve also read about recent shootings at Dallas gas stations.
I’m curious if there is any scenario in which a gunshot victim’s cause of death would not be shown by autopsy if the person were exposed to the elements like Alan was?
Alternatively, is there any scenario where a gunshot wound is found on autopsy and not announced to the public?

Just trying to brainstorm and look for ideas.

A lot of shootings. I’ve also read about recent shootings at Dallas gas stations.
I’m curious if there is any scenario in which a gunshot victim’s cause of death would not be shown by autopsy if the person were exposed to the elements like Alan was?
Alternatively, is there any scenario where a gunshot wound is found on autopsy and not announced to the public?

Just trying to brainstorm and look for ideas.
anythings possible, but probably unlikely for the GSW. If it just hit soft tissue (ie shot in the thigh and hit femoral artery) and that was enough to cause death, it might not show up on autopsy. I can't think of any head shots that would not impact bone but yet would cause death. But, if he was shot anywhere on the body or trunk, his clothing should show that- there should be identifiable bullet wound holes. He was found fully clothed, right?

and honestly, this case has been so hush hush, I am not putting it past LE that COD is something identifable like a GSW yet that info has not been released publicly. If so, could be that they're considering suicide by GSW, and in that case, it is often kept more under wraps. IMO should be easy to rule out most suicide methods if the instrument is not found close by?

anythings possible, but probably unlikely for the GSW. If it just hit soft tissue (ie shot in the thigh and hit femoral artery) and that was enough to cause death, it might not show up on autopsy. I can't think of any head shots that would not impact bone but yet would cause death. But, if he was shot anywhere on the body or trunk, his clothing should show that- there should be identifiable bullet wound holes. He was found fully clothed, right?

and honestly, this case has been so hush hush, I am not putting it past LE that COD is something identifable like a GSW yet that info has not been released publicly. If so, could be that they're considering suicide by GSW, and in that case, it is often kept more under wraps. IMO should be easy to rule out most suicide methods if the instrument is not found close by?

You would think, but the resounding silence on this case is baffling! I was always in the foul play but the longer time passes, the more open to suicide I am. It's just crazy there's been nothing for so long.

But if it was suicide, LE needs to come out and give that official cause of death and not keep the public in fear.
I do think if it WAS suicide, they would have said so at some point. It wouldn't have been kept a mystery this long.

But if it was suicide, LE needs to come out and give that official cause of death and not keep the public in fear.
I do think if it WAS suicide, they would have said so at some point. It wouldn't have been kept a mystery this long.
That is what I would think also.

Just popping in for updates but LE has not provided any.
The holidays went by, and family is without Alan.

I would think if LE believe suicide ( especially by GSW) they would announce that.

But who knows ???

Hopefully the family has some answers.

Thanks for your reply and explanation about gun shot wounds. I agree with your point that if his death were suicide by gun shot, the gun would have had to be close at hand near his body. (Unless it was stolen by someone who stumbled on the scene) There’s never been any indication that Alan owned a gun as far as I know.

I don’t know if he was found fully clothed— I think that’s part of the extreme silence surrounding his death.

It seems when guns are used in random street crimes, there are head or chest wounds, which would show up on autopsy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back