GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury has entered the court room, per local news reporter on ABC

Guilty on count one..
Guilty on count two..
Guilty on count three..

No change in expression/ reaction from Jussie Smollett

Guilty on count four..
Guilty on count five..
Not Guilty on count six!!!!

In case anyone else is curious

"Count 1 accuses him of telling responding Chicago Police Officer Muhammed Baig at around 2:45 a.m., some 45 minutes after the purported attack, that he was the victim of a hate crime. He said two attackers put a rope around his neck. Count 2 refers to Smollett telling the same officer he was a victim of a battery, describing attackers beating and pouring bleach on him.

Counts 3 and 4 are when Smollett made the same claims but to a different officer, Kimberly Murray, later that morning, at just before 6 a.m.

Count 5 accuses Smollett of again telling Murray at around 7:15 p.m. that he was the victim of a battery. Count 6 refers to Smollett reporting on Feb. 14, 2019, to detective Robert Graves that he’d been a victim of an aggravated battery."
What Charges Does Jussie Smollett Face at Trial? Here's a Breakdown

Jury has entered the court room, per local news reporter on ABC

Guilty on count one..
Guilty on count two..
Guilty on count three..

No change in expression/ reaction from Jussie Smollett

Guilty on count four..
Guilty on count five..
Not Guilty on count six!!!!

Anyone know what was different about count 6?

I mean, I know what it was, but why would it be a ‘not guilty?’ Just curious.

I forgot there were so many counts. I thank this jury. It is a patriotic, profound civic duty, regardless of the case. I wonder if this jury took the time it did because they went methodically through each count and did their due diligence as they deliberated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne