AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the beginning, why wouldn't CW & DW go on National News about their daughter's disappearance? They later resorted to various YT channels. Not everyone watches YT or has YT especially in those mountains. They said that they didn't trust the news. Why? Could they be hiding something?

Also in the beginning, June 16 Sheriff Lawson stated that SW was last seen 'walking out the back door' by one of her siblings.
AMBER ALERT: Search continues for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl | WCYB

Also someone reported seeing her walking down the road around 6:30 - 7pm on June 15th. Who reported this? Someone stated that one of the brothers saw her walking down the road. Does anyone remember?

Going back to the beginning, why wouldn't CW & DW go on National News about their daughter's disappearance? They later resorted to various YT channels. Not everyone watches YT or has YT especially in those mountains. They said that they didn't trust the news. Why? Could they be hiding something?

Also in the beginning, June 16 Sheriff Lawson stated that SW was last seen 'walking out the back door' by one of her siblings.

Also someone reported seeing her walking down the road around 6:30 - 7pm on June 15th. Who reported this? Someone stated that one of the brothers saw her walking down the road. Does anyone remember?
The story CW,and DW give does not line up with what Sheriff Lawson stated he was told by another witness that was there. CW claims all three Bros were upstairs glued to the TV. CW the door was locked. DW the door was left unlocked a lot. Not all misinformation is coming from SM. MOO

That is what is so confusing about this case. Did a brother see her leave the house? Did someone see her walking on the road? Where did those stories come from? Are they true?

So we keep speculating about what happened and that is OK too. I like reading the different ideas that people have.

What worries me is the last ground search they did for Summer. It makes me think they were looking for her body.

I’m not going to guess DW and CW’s reasoning for not trusting national news or why they created a YouTube channel. It’s a different way of life and different attitude where they live compared to where I live. I don’t understand them but I don’t feel they are hiding anything. Not the best parents in the world but I just can’t come to the conclusion that they have anything to do with SW disappearance. I feel she went outside to play and willingly went with someone else… known or unknown. She doesn’t seem to have any fear and she’s overly trusting. My own opinion.

Search for Summer Wells: Social media sleuths flock to Hawkins County - WJHL News 12/10/21

Search for Summer Wells: Social media sleuths flock to Hawkins County - YouTube

At least this is helping to keep SW's name in the news.
Sheriff Lawson refused to interview.

Social media influencers and investigators. :rolleyes:
Well, I've never heard of any of them, so, they're not all that influential.

Summer is also still missing so, I'm going to take a hard pass on the idea they're "investigators".

<modsnip - discusses content creators>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard about this case today <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I object to geofence warrants in principle. I want to say that first, even though I suggested it.

A geofence warrant essentially pulls up every device connected to a cellular tower within a certain geographical area. It's incredibly invasive and very, very rarely issued.

Isn't this - a missing child and lack of clues to find her - the very situation for which a geofence warrant would be acceptable, though?

Isn't this - a missing child and lack of clues to find her - the very situation for which a geofence warrant would be acceptable, though?

Yes, IF there was evidence of an abduction. In the absence of concrete information as to abduction, family involvement, or just wandering off, I'd think it would be difficult, legally speaking, to justify the use of a geofence warrant.

The parent in me would say "use every tool possible" but legally and constitutionally, there may be justified barriers.

No. Warrants have to be specific (what and who) and have to be supported by probable cause. 4th amendment (prohibits unreasonable searches & seizures). There are major Constitutional issues with reverse search warrants. JMO.

LE needs re-question some people. Not because I necessarily suspect anyone, but just because they might shake loose a few new scraps of new information. Everyone has been thinking this over for six months now. Maybe someone has remembered something.

I would be pursuing prosecution of anyone trespassing on my property. Don't blame Candus one tiny bit. It's gotten way out of hand. Every year it seems to get worse with people who only make things worse by inserting themselves into investigations. Nothing wrong with sleuthing. But when people fancy themselves investigators and are out there physically tramping around on the private property of others they are no longer sleuthing, or in any way helping. They are, in fact, crossing a very big line.

I really don't get the phone thing. I know they have bad service and maybe this is just something in CB's head in her understandably panicked state of mind.

But, since the 90s, ANY cell phone will automatically switch to the nearest/best tower to call 911. It doesn't matter if the cell you're using even has a provider at all. (See in the Turpin case, the daughter called 911 on an old phone. I know that was in California, but it is the same nationwide.)

I literally had this happen to me in the 90s. I even had decent reception from my provider, but it automatically switched me to even better reception for the 911 call. This was in Tennessee.

So, CB's (whatever) phone would have functioned exactly like an AT&T phone (like CH's phone). The only thing I can think is she is used to her phone not working as well, so got her mom's without trying her own. Also, she called DW on her own phone (according to her), they even facetimed the whole way (according to him).

I know locals have said they have weird phone problems, but since it sounds like they as a community almost never call 911 except in the most dire situations... Then that's not what they're talking about.

I guess this maybe doesn't matter, idk. But, it is another strange part of the case.

Also, i fell into the rabbit hole of divers finding cars of missing people (and the people). Sometimes they found other random vehicles not associated with a missing person. Like a Cadillac Escalade. In. A. Large. Pond.

This makes me despair for little Summer. If she's in the water, i don't know how they'll ever find her. She's so tiny and fragile comparatively.

I would be pursuing prosecution of anyone trespassing on my property. Don't blame Candus one tiny bit. It's gotten way out of hand. Every year it seems to get worse with people who only make things worse by inserting themselves into investigations. Nothing wrong with sleuthing. But when people fancy themselves investigators and are out there physically tramping around on the private property of others they are no longer sleuthing, or in any way helping. They are, in fact, crossing a very big line.

The more I read about these lunatics, the more angry it all makes me. NONE of this is to bring awareness to Summer being missing, and I think we all know that. If were Candus, I'd file every complaint I could and I'd not rest until these busybodies were held accountable for all the crap they're doing.

The more I read about these lunatics, the more angry it all makes me. NONE of this is to bring awareness to Summer being missing, and I think we all know that. If were Candus, I'd file every complaint I could and I'd not rest until these busybodies were held accountable for all the crap they're doing.
While many people are well meaning and want to help, trespassing is counterproductive and illegal. I would like to see this energy redirected in to fundraisers for drones and drop cams for the local LE/Search and rescue organizations. These technologies have become more and more sophisticated, and can save lives where they were previously lost.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I just saw the Rogersville article. The video they included :eek:

I agree, how is any of this productive? I can only imagine how frustrating it is to LE to have add time to their day to deal with this.

Summer Wells' mom reports trespassers attempting to make video at their home

ETA: My advice to those YouTubers wanting to help would be find a family that wants to work with you to help locate their missing child. If they don’t want to work with you, leave them alone. It isn’t a good use of your energy or theirs. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member