Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Why are the Met and the UK media pussy-footing around the fact this is Petra, yet her own home government have already announced it? This odd veil of “shh” hinders - IMO - investigations all the damn time.

I echo others’ view that her body couldn’t have lain this long in Brunswick Park. It’s all very sinister and I wish whatever causes people to act this way would be addressed and shamed a bit more.

RIP Petra.

UK Police don't confirm detail until it has met their standards of veracity and then they only confirm detail if it is in the public interest and will not undermine an investigation or any future criminal proceedings. Other countries may have different procedures.

So sad to hear. I hope we'll find out what happened soon. I'm definitely feeling like somebody was involved, because what an odd place to commit suicide if that was the case? Surely she would have just done it at home? Regardless, still tragic. RIP Petra. :(

Working with people with chronic illnesses can be very stressful. And with children with chronic neurologic illnesses it must be, at times, very emotionally challenging work.

I wonder if any of her co-workers noticed any new behaviours or stress-type comments. Also, if they were short-staffed, like many healthcare facilities are now, she might not have had much time for rest and maintenance. I wonder if she had been taking extra shifts, or covering other people's shifts or patients.

UK Police don't confirm detail until it has met their standards of veracity and then they only confirm detail if it is in the public interest and will not undermine an investigation or any future criminal proceedings. Other countries may have different procedures.

They’ve obviously confirmed to the Czech government that it’s her.

Seems they were at the scene for about 8 hours before the park re-opened according to here: Updates as body found in South London park in search for missing woman, 32. Anyone else think that's a bit on the short side?

This photo shows a tent: https://twitter.com/RafiMauro1/status/1470083839808749569/photo/1

I had a quick look on Google Maps and the area where the tent is appears to just be grass. Certainly can't see how a body could have laid there for weeks, the area is visible from the street.

FONjSz5.png

So sad to hear. I hope we'll find out what happened soon. I'm definitely feeling like somebody was involved, because what an odd place to commit suicide if that was the case? Surely she would have just done it at home? Regardless, still tragic. RIP Petra. :(

Not necessarily. People do go to places other than home to do it.

Hopefully they'll confirm soon whether foul play was involved. I tend to think foul play is most likely though.

As sad as it is, I want it to be suicide as the alterative is so much worse.
But the fact the police arrested someone, and forensics at her flat, suggests to me police have reason to believe there was suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

A lot of these articles tonight (plus the Met Police themselves) mention her death being treated as unexplained at this early stage. Would that still be the case if someone had committed suicide or is it just standard terminology used because an autopsy hasn't taken place yet?
It's kind of both but even suicide would need an autopsy conclusion, and I doubt an autopsy has been completed and the conclusion communicated to police and NOK prior to these media reports.

Why are the Met and the UK media pussy-footing around the fact this is Petra, yet her own home government have already announced it? This odd veil of “shh” hinders - IMO - investigations all the damn time.

I echo others’ view that her body couldn’t have lain this long in Brunswick Park. It’s all very sinister and I wish whatever causes people to act this way would be addressed and shamed a bit more.

RIP Petra.
I think it's respectful at this stage, plus too much info being released can affect an investigation. We don't have a right to know everything, or more than we do imo. This person has a family and people who loved them, whoever it is, having this in the media surely makes this all the more traumatic. I think there should have been more information sooner about Petra going missing, but at this stage I don't think it's appropriate for us to know any more than has been released.

Seems they were at the scene for about 8 hours before the park re-opened according to here: Updates as body found in South London park in search for missing woman, 32. Anyone else think that's a bit on the short side?

This photo shows a tent: https://twitter.com/RafiMauro1/status/1470083839808749569/photo/1

I had a quick look on Google Maps and the area where the tent is appears to just be grass. Certainly can't see how a body could have laid there for weeks, the area is visible from the street.

FONjSz5.png

St Giles Rd is where I was. Honestly if that tent is the location then that's not even really in a bush... like you said, a body there can be seen from the road but it also could be seen from the path in the park which is only a few metres to the side of it. Just re-affirms my thoughts that if her body was moved it was probably done the night before as either a dog or a person would definitely have noticed during Saturday day time. The MyLondon article quotes a resident saying that their friend's kids spotted the body when they were "running around the park" which doesn't exactly sound well hidden.

But why would anybody carry a body to this park?
Was she murdered in sb's flat?
Was she kidnapped?
If this is the case, she could have been put later anywhere in London, thrown into the Thames.

It is all very mysterious.

The Czech foreign minister said that is the case. So we do in fact know.

Some form of the UK authorities, possibly not the police but diplomats of some kind, having been briefed by the police, seem to have kept the Czech authorities in the loop, but may have said “no formal ID but everything points to her,” and that’s good enough as far as the Czech authorities are concerned.

That’s different to the police broadcasting it to a national & global audience and not the same protocol.

I do think we are overly cautious with details here in a way that invites sometimes over-speculation and I would rather hear more, but it’s understandable if our police think there is no reason for me as Jane Bloggs to be told the same things in an ongoing investigation as the Czech ambassador to the UK or whoever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back