Presumed Located CA - Mary Ann Mariz, 23, Sacramento, 14 Apr 1982

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
Mary case was just added to NamUs
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age 23 Years
Current Age 63 Years
First Name Mary
Middle Name Ann
Last Name Mariz
Nickname/Alias--

Sex Female
Height5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight120 - 125 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact April 14, 1982
NamUs Case Created December 21, 2021
Last Known Location Map
Location Sacramento, California 95610
County Sacramento County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Subject was last seen by her mother leaving their shared residence on 04/14/1982 to go out with friends.
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Shoulder length
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Rust colored jacket

Clothing
blue jeans

Clothing
printed shirt

Jewelry
silver watch

Jewelry
birthstone ring with pink stone

Jewelry
choker type chain necklace

I found a newspaper article that said Mary Ann Mariz had been found deceased. The age was off by a year, however, everything else about the case matched up. I emailed NamUs and the sheriff who is associated with this case. The attached article is from The Auburn Journal, February 12th, 1985 (page 3). If I don't provide an update before the New Year, send me a reminder. Maybe Websleuths should hold off working on this case until this matter is clarified.

Attachments

• Auburn Journal Feb 12 1985 Page 3.JPG
    Auburn Journal Feb 12 1985 Page 3.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
I found a newspaper article that said Mary Ann Mariz had been found deceased. The age was off by a year, however, everything else about the case matched up. I emailed NamUs and the sheriff who is associated with this case. The attached article is from The Auburn Journal, February 12th, 1985 (page 3). If I don't provide an update before the New Year, send me a reminder. Maybe Websleuths should hold off working on this case until this matter is clarified.

Hi Uncool Negated..

Did you post about Mary's case on FB? (I forget what page) - I saw it when I was getting ready for work. I can't understand why they would post Mary's case in NamUs if she was found deceased.

Hi Uncool Negated..

Did you post about Mary's case on FB? (I forget what page) - I saw it when I was getting ready for work. I can't understand why they would post Mary's case in NamUs if she was found deceased.

Her remains have only been partly recovered. Sometimes, they do that, like in Kelly Disney's case. The Sheriff said this in an email to me:

"Yes, MARIZ is deceased, however, only partial remains were discovered. There is still a great deal of remains that have not been found, or might be DOE remains somewhere. So we have initiated a missing person protocol investigation due to the still outstanding amount of remains."

paper.jpeg

Attachments

• Crime Stoppers.JPG
    Crime Stoppers.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads