AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to throw a couple ideas out there....

We don't know the family's original plans for the day. Was it a scheduled doctor's appointment or emergent? Was Summer expected to tag along? Or alternately, might Summer have run to the end of the driveway and placed in the vehicle because she didn't want to be left behind? Maybe the brothers were expected to watch her, not at 3 or 5 pm but closer to 8 am. Maybe a brother DID see her go down the path, but not at 7 pm, at 7 am (just prior to the departure to the doctor appointment).

If Summer was an unexpected tag along, and the combination of the appointment itself plus the prescription delay made for a longer errand than expected perhaps that's what led to later spontaneous events, namely the swim hole and other people.

None of this explains or implies what happened to Summer leading to her disappearance but it might lend sense to some seemingly conflicting details.

JMO
You are bringing up a very critical point related to the day SW went missing. What was the *intent* for all those errands that day? Was the *intent* to help G'Ma with her knee pain by getting meds, and the other errands simply b/c they were in town?

OR, was the primary *intent* to obtain pain meds...period?

AND, why was the teen boy inserted in to the equation that day? He is a complete non sequitor as it relates to a middle aged woman, her mother and daughter off doing errands together. By her own admission, CB-W stated that she was not friendly with A, who is H's mother. It makes no sense whatsoever that CB-W would go out of her way to pick up a teenage boy to go run errands. Doesn't pass the sniff test. At.all. What was his role that day? What.was.his.role.that.day.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just want to throw a couple ideas out there....

We don't know the family's original plans for the day. Was it a scheduled doctor's appointment or emergent? Was Summer expected to tag along? Or alternately, might Summer have run to the end of the driveway and placed in the vehicle because she didn't want to be left behind? Maybe the brothers were expected to watch her, not at 3 or 5 pm but closer to 8 am. Maybe a brother DID see her go down the path, but not at 7 pm, at 7 am (just prior to the departure to the doctor appointment).

If Summer was an unexpected tag along, and the combination of the appointment itself plus the prescription delay made for a longer errand than expected perhaps that's what led to later spontaneous events, namely the swim hole and other people.

None of this explains or implies what happened to Summer leading to her disappearance but it might lend sense to some seemingly conflicting details.

JMO

“We went to Gatlinburg and the boys accidentally kept tripping over her sore knee,” Candus said. “She had an artificial knee replaced. And if you twist it the wrong way, it pops out and it hurts really bad. And she couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t stop hurting after a while, so I took her to the ER that morning.”

After taking Candy to Holston Valley, Candus and Summer went to visit some family friends in Kingsport. “They invited me over to sit at their house while I waited for my mom to get done so we weren’t sitting in the hot truck. So, I went over there,” Candus said." (Making an assumption this is the boy you mentions house due to next quote MOO)

“I was sitting and mom called me to come get her,” said Candus, adding that the 15-year-old son of her friend..." asked to go along. “

Read further at link
Summer Wells' mom pleads: 'Just bring her back'

I know some states were locked down kind of hard in June 2021. Tennessee wasn't. Things aren't back to normal really, but if you don't want to sit in a hot truck there are options.

Back when we were locked down in 2020, i was faced with this dilemma. Like CB, i was waiting for someone's medical stuff (i was the driver). I found a public place to go that i could sit and wait if i social distanced and wore a mask. Of course, i didn't have an energetic five year old with me.

So, that is the whole reason to go to A's. Summer.

"Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son" <modsnip>

Watch now: Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son
From your link:
That oldest son was in Utah at the time of Summer’s disappearance, Wells said. Wells also said his son’s Arkansas offense would have been considered statutory rape in Tennessee because his son was 19 at the time, and the victim was a girlfriend who was 18 months younger.
And the truth: DW's son was 19 and the girl was 14. 4 or 5 years not 18 months. While DW's son has nothing to do with Summer's disappearance it should be noted that DW doesn't always tell the truth and doesn't seem to be bothered by bending the truth to msm reporters.

Indeed, often it seems that how he responds to sensitive questions - when he actually responds - is based not on facts or reality but rather on how he feels it will steer his personal narrative. MOO.

I was just thinking. We don't have a timeline. We have a collection of reported memories from 6/15. SW is present in some, but nothing is focused on her except she is just suddenly unfindable.

Let's try sleuthing without those memories. They hardly concern SW anyway. I am sure LE checked out everything possible. They have not really talked about what they learned. So, i guess all we can think is they don't think it will help us.

So, when was the last time someone else saw SW?

I know some states were locked down kind of hard in June 2021. Tennessee wasn't. Things aren't back to normal really, but if you don't want to sit in a hot truck there are options.

Back when we were locked down in 2020, i was faced with this dilemma. Like CB, i was waiting for someone's medical stuff (i was the driver). I found a public place to go that i could sit and wait if i social distanced and wore a mask. Of course, i didn't have an energetic five year old with me.

So, that is the whole reason to go to A's. Summer.

Videos of Summer in church and later prayer vigils show no masking or social distancing, even indoors. I doubt covid was a concern. JMO.

Videos of Summer in church and later prayer vigils show no masking or social distancing, even indoors. I doubt covid was a concern. JMO.

Maybe not for the family, but for many of the businesses in Kingsport that may have been insisting on masks or only allowing a specific number of people into an establishment.

Hospitals and medical facilities are more strict than some places.

ETA: and places vary...

But, i haven't really seen any place like their church. Also, i haven't seen any children running around in a crowded area to the extent SW did in church.

Last edited:
The case has left veteran law enforcement befuddled.

“I’ve been through a lot in the last 44 years, seen a lot, investigated a lot, but this is one of the top ones,” Lawson said.

Her parents have continued to beg for her return.

“We just wish Summer could come home,” Don Wells said.

Tuesday morning, News Channel 11 reached out to the TBI for an update in the investigation and was told there are no updates but that the investigation is active and ongoing.

Investigators have no updates on Summer Wells disappearance over 6 months later | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I do think it is possible that a series of events unfolded that maybe is making the case hard to pin down. This is why i am thinking maybe we need to back up off 6/15.

Obviously no one noticed anything pertaining to SW on 6/15. What about prior days or weeks?

What's the personality of Summer Wells? Mooo...

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJ
2 things stuck in my head. This one because it police witnessed it: The day SW disappeared began early morning when DW went to work and saw the red truck at the end of his drive. The man asked DW to to help him with 4 wheeler. LEO showed up. DW asked to take pic of truck (weird?), quick pop of the head of unkempt woman in the truck. The other is the transient (my word for lack of better) who was dropped off by H's mother at Wells house and ended up staying a while. CW using the man to to make DW jealous when he was out of town working. DW comes home has argument (alcohol involved). Transient ends up at Grandmas who drives him to Alabama(?). Jealousy, alcohol, drugs, fighting hmmmmm MOO
ETA: see page one of thread; approved links and Youtube videos for reference

Last edited:
2 things stuck in my head. This one because it police witnessed it: The day SW disappeared began early morning when DW went to work and saw the red truck at the end of his drive. The man asked DW to to help him with 4 wheeler. LEO showed up. DW asked to take pic of truck (weird?), quick pop of the head of unkempt woman in the truck. The other is the transient (my word for lack of better) who was dropped off by H's mother at Wells house and ended up staying a while. CW using the man to to make DW jealous when he was out of town working. DW comes home has argument (alcohol involved). Transient ends up at Grandmas who drives him to Alabama(?). Jealousy, alcohol, drugs, fighting hmmmmm MOO
ETA: see page one of thread; approved links and Youtube videos for reference

The red truck with the 4-wheeler & woman with a blanket was seen before the morning of 6/15 by DW .

The man, J stayed at the Well's home in October, 2020. He came there with A but stayed when she left. CH took him home to NC. He was a friend of A's ex-husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500