Moonwalker9

Reaction score
Missing Person Case
Katya Marie Lyne – The Charley Project
Katya Marie Lyne
  • lyne_katya.jpg
  • katya_marie_lyne_2.jpg
  • katya_marie_lyne_3.jpg
Katya, circa 1998; Age-progression to age 30 (circa 2011)

• Missing Since03/21/1997
  • Missing FromFederal Way, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Runaway
  • Date of Birth11/28/1981 (37)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt, a black and white flannel pullover shirt, blue jeans and black boots.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Katya has a mole above the right corner of her mouth, three dots tattooed on her left hand, and the letter K tattooed on her right ankle. Her right nostril is pierced and she may dye her hair another color. Her first name is pronounced "Ka-tee-ah." Katya may appear much older than her true age, possibly as much as seven or eight years older. She has Hispanic features, but may appear to be Asian. She is of Salvadoran descent.
Details of Disappearance
Katya was living with her father in Federal Way, Washington in 1997. She had a disagreement with him on March 21, 1997 over school. She was attending Auburn High School and he wanted her to transfer to Federal Way High School, and she didn't want to.

Katya left their residence at approximately 9:00 p.m. Her father realized she was missing the next morning, and reported her disappearance to the police the day after that.

Katya's father committed suicide four days after his daughter's disappearance, on March 25. Katya has never been seen again. Authorities theorize that she may have returned home sometime after March 21 and discovered her father deceased, then fled due to the tragic scene.

Katya has never been heard from again. She lived with her father at the time of her disappearance; her mother lived elsewhere in town. She and her father were apparently very close and there is no indication that she was abused by either of her parents. There is also no evidence that she was involved with gangs.

Katya, who was born in El Salvador, worked as a professional model prior to her 1997 disappearance. She had changed schools often and had many problems with her parents. There have been unconfirmed sightings of her in the Puyallup, Seattle and Midway areas of Washington since her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Last edited:

lyne_katya.jpg

My friend's sister has been missing since 1997, from King County WA. She was listed as an Endangered Runaway.

5'3"
125lbs
" Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Katya has a mole above the right corner of her mouth, three dots tattooed on her left hand, and the letter K tattooed on her right ankle." "She has Hispanic features, but may appear to be Asian. She is of Salvadoran descent."

There is a Facebook page for a woman with this same name. The posts are mostly just pictures and the comments are in another language that I don’t speak. I keep trying to look for something to rule out that it’s her, but I can’t. Has anyone else seen this page?

There is a Facebook page for a woman with this same name. The posts are mostly just pictures and the comments are in another language that I don’t speak. I keep trying to look for something to rule out that it’s her, but I can’t. Has anyone else seen this page?

Yes, just had a look. The woman with this name seems to have mainly all friends from Algeria. Some of the comments are written in Arabic and some in French, as both of those languages are spoken in Algeria, which is in North Africa.

The name Katya Lyne isn't an Algerian or even a particularly French name, so it does seem bizarre why this woman is called it. Perhaps an western sounding alias, but still a weird coincidence, no?

What a beautiful Latin girl, maybe what really happened ... I have the impression that she escaped with someone who offered her something that she wanted or a classmate from her school ...
wherever you are ...
rest in peace

Two pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.

Katya Marie Lyne
lyne_katya.jpg
katya_marie_lyne_2.jpg
lyne_katya3.jpg
lyne_katya4.jpg
katya_marie_lyne_3.jpg

Missing Since: March 21, 1997
Missing From: Federal Way, Washington
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Date of Birth: November 28, 1981
Height: 5'3”
Weight: 125 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white t-shirt, a black and white flannel pullover shirt, blue jeans and black boots.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Katya has a mole above the right corner of her mouth, three dots tattooed on her left hand, and the letter K tattooed on her right ankle. Her right nostril is pierced and she may dye her hair another color. Her first name is pronounced "Ka-tee-ah." Katya may appear much older than her true age, possibly as much as seven or eight years older. She is of Salvadoran descent and has Hispanic features, but may appear to be Asian. She had a dental retainer at the time of her disappearance, but left it behind.

Details of Disappearance
Katya was living alone with her father, Pat Lyne, in Federal Way, Washington in 1997. She had a disagreement with him on March 21, 1997 over school. She was attending Auburn High School, but wasn't making good grades and had been missing class. Her father wanted her to transfer to Federal Way High School, and she didn't want to.

Katya left their residence at approximately 9:00 p.m. Her father realized she was missing the next morning, and reported her disappearance to the police the day after that. She left behind her shoe lifts, Social Security card, dental retainer and other personal items.

Pat took his own life four days after his daughter's disappearance, on March 25. He had been depressed over his unemployment and his divorce and may have tried to end his life three weeks earlier, when he was involved in a head-on collision with a semi but not severely injured.

Katya has never been seen again. Authorities theorize that she may have returned home sometime after March 21 and discovered her father deceased, then fled due to the tragic scene. She and her father were apparently very close and there is no indication that she was abused by either of her parents. There is also no evidence that she was involved with gangs.

Katya, who was born in El Salvador and was adopted by her American parents as an infant. She worked as a professional model prior to her 1997 disappearance. She has one older sister who was in college in 1997, and her mother was suffering from breast cancer. She had changed schools often and had many problems with her parents.

There have been unconfirmed sightings of Katya in the Puyallup, Seattle and Midway areas of Washington since she went missing. She was familiar with the Seattle area and had attended modeling school there. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency:
Federal Way Police Department 253-661-4600

It sounds like she and her family were going through a lot at the time. Where could she have gone?

Two pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.

Katya Marie Lyne
lyne_katya.jpg
katya_marie_lyne_2.jpg
lyne_katya3.jpg
lyne_katya4.jpg
katya_marie_lyne_3.jpg

Missing Since: March 21, 1997
Missing From: Federal Way, Washington
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Date of Birth: November 28, 1981
Height: 5'3”
Weight: 125 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white t-shirt, a black and white flannel pullover shirt, blue jeans and black boots.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Katya has a mole above the right corner of her mouth, three dots tattooed on her left hand, and the letter K tattooed on her right ankle. Her right nostril is pierced and she may dye her hair another color. Her first name is pronounced "Ka-tee-ah." Katya may appear much older than her true age, possibly as much as seven or eight years older. She is of Salvadoran descent and has Hispanic features, but may appear to be Asian. She had a dental retainer at the time of her disappearance, but left it behind.

Details of Disappearance
Katya was living alone with her father, Pat Lyne, in Federal Way, Washington in 1997. She had a disagreement with him on March 21, 1997 over school. She was attending Auburn High School, but wasn't making good grades and had been missing class. Her father wanted her to transfer to Federal Way High School, and she didn't want to.

Katya left their residence at approximately 9:00 p.m. Her father realized she was missing the next morning, and reported her disappearance to the police the day after that. She left behind her shoe lifts, Social Security card, dental retainer and other personal items.

Pat took his own life four days after his daughter's disappearance, on March 25. He had been depressed over his unemployment and his divorce and may have tried to end his life three weeks earlier, when he was involved in a head-on collision with a semi but not severely injured.

Katya has never been seen again. Authorities theorize that she may have returned home sometime after March 21 and discovered her father deceased, then fled due to the tragic scene. She and her father were apparently very close and there is no indication that she was abused by either of her parents. There is also no evidence that she was involved with gangs.

Katya, who was born in El Salvador and was adopted by her American parents as an infant. She worked as a professional model prior to her 1997 disappearance. She has one older sister who was in college in 1997, and her mother was suffering from breast cancer. She had changed schools often and had many problems with her parents.

There have been unconfirmed sightings of Katya in the Puyallup, Seattle and Midway areas of Washington since she went missing. She was familiar with the Seattle area and had attended modeling school there. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency:
Federal Way Police Department 253-661-4600

I’m glad it was updated to mention that there was no known gang affiliation. As someone who is about her age and grew up in a predominantly Hispanic town in California, the 3 dot tattoo was usually an indicator that you were a “Sureno” gang member, however maybe in Washington that was not the case and it had some other meaning.

Oh wow. Maybe. I had not considered this before. If so, I think she would be near the end of his timeline of victims. Given the area she ran away from, I think it’s definitely a possibility.

Oh wow. Maybe. I had not considered this before. If so, I think she would be near the end of his timeline of victims. Given the area she ran away from, I think it’s definitely a possibility.
Yeah, she would have been one of his last victims. I tried finding a composite of this UID (sometimes they appear in earlier newspaper articles) but I didn’t see anything. I may submit this one.

Her sister just posted this on Facebook today:

Tracy Lyne is in Federal Way, Washington.

Updated age progression photo of my missing sister Katya Marie Lyne. Missing from Federal Way WA in 1997. Age progressed to 40 years old.
Thank you to NCMEC, FWPD Detective, Seattle Times, and for everyone else who keeps information on Katya circulating.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Attachments

• 271180562_10223973376174711_5174384483084127427_n.jpg
    271180562_10223973376174711_5174384483084127427_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors